X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And on to the latest bomb....

Trump wants to change the Constitution by executive order

He's out of order on this one. Although I agree with his intent, I don't think he has the right to do this by E.O. The courts will end up sorting this out, if he proceeds with it.

Comment

It will never go through. This is one of Trump's ace to galvanize his nationalist base for the upcoming élections, nothing more.

In the improbable situation that it would pass the court test, wouldn't that set a jurisprudence and mean that any amendement would be up to debate and subject to change?

White nationalists will be going nuts over this, Santa finally answered their prayers.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Looks like a botched effort to "Kavanaugh" him to me.

Oh, but wait a minute. Isn't the mere accusation sufficient to derail his career? The left seemed to think so when we were talking about Kavanaugh.
        No they weren't
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Looks like a botched effort to "Kavanaugh" him to me.

Oh, but wait a minute. Isn't the mere accusation sufficient to derail his career?
          so you missed the part where in the end Kav was presumed innocent?
          -> mere accusation's not enough

wait that only applies to the upper elites (and their proteges like Kav)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            It will never go through. This is one of Trump's ace to galvanize his nationalist base for the upcoming élections, nothing more.

In the improbable situation that it would pass the court test, wouldn't that set a jurisprudence and mean that any amendement would be up to debate and subject to change?

White nationalists will be going nuts over this, Santa finally answered their prayers.
            I don't think it will fly in the courts either.

But by the same token, I don't have time to look into it now, but there were instances where Obama used executive orders to bypass legal restrictions on his authority as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              so you missed the part where in the end Kav was presumed innocent?
              -> mere accusation's not enough

wait that only applies to the upper elites (and their proteges like Kav)
              Did you miss the part where the Democrats wanted to derail his confirmation based on nothing but the accusation? There was no hard evidence at all in any case he was accused of. Pure He Said/She Said.

Comment

Did you miss the part where the Democrats wanted to derail his confirmation based on nothing but the accusation?
                did you miss the part where it's the outcome that counts?
                strike that did you come into existence before the concept of logic?

There was no hard evidence at all in any case he was accused of. Pure He Said/She Said.
                no hard evidence against Weinstein either
                yet he was criminally charged (but he wasn't protected by Koch or Government unlike Kav)

Comment

Did you miss the part where the Democrats wanted to derail his confirmation based on nothing but the accusation? There was no hard evidence at all in any case he was accused of. Pure He Said/She Said.
                  Well, looks like I will have a lot a manure for my fertilizer business
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Well, looks like I will have a lot a manure for my fertilizer business
                    Did they offer ANY hard evidence at all? Even one shred? No. All they had was foggy, incomplete memories from 35 years ago.

I recall they plan on prosecuting one of 'em for their false accusation, too. They ought to do that to the lot of 'em.

That whole deal was simple character assassination for political gain on the part of the Democrats.

Comment

That whole deal was simple character assassination for political gain on the part of the Democrats.
                      what character assassination? that lying piece of - was nominated to the highest lifetime position in the Deep State, none of the neocons changed their minds about him, Koch basically made sure his Scotus pick won everything while his accuser gained nothing
                      compare & contrast with Weinstein who's career & reputation were destroyed & that's not counting the criminal charges yet we're still waiting for proof

assassination you wish (a proper one - I'd call it a legit execution the neocons support capital punishment right?)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        what character assassination? that lying piece of - was nominated to the highest lifetime position in the Deep State
                        And, surprise surprise, we've got this anti-constitutional birthright BS that will be ruled in the Supreme Court and the Replicants have the majority, I wouldn't even be surprised if this sh*t goes through.

Remember Annoyed when you kept complaining about the left using the courts to advance their agenda?
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

And, surprise surprise, we've got this anti-constitutional birthright BS that will be ruled in the Supreme Court and the Replicants have the majority, I wouldn't even be surprised if this sh*t goes through.

Remember Annoyed when you kept complaining about the left using the courts to advance their agenda?
                          We will see, but I don't think SCOTUS, even if we get a 3rd Trump nominee before this gets there would rubber stamp this.

Comment

No it wasnt
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

You better keep your tinfoil hat on your head...next thing ya know you'll be accusing people of trying to implant thoughts in your head...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                You better keep your tinfoil hat on your head...next thing ya know you'll be accusing people of trying to implant thoughts in your head...
                                Godvernment's already in his head ain't room left for anything else

and ykw Trump's doing this to gain votes

for the Dems' sake it's better if they keep all their immigration-related grievances till after the election & focus on domestic policy only (in case they haven't realized immigration's a topic that yugely favours the GOP)

Comment

Working...
                                X