This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Oh, good grief. What do people use for brains these days?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...ma-clinton-cnn

Of course, they're related, you idiot!
    Why would they report that?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      no attempts against Charles KOCH?
      wait this is the US/SR don't touch the [real] elites
      Soros is the #1 "liberal elite"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Nowhere near the same impact though. You can argue extreme cases, but those will always be just that. Extreme cases. When it comes to drugs, you need not look at extremes, the "normal" cases are rather destructive to a high degree.
        Extreme cases?
        You leap to Meth and Ice as representative of all drugs, or at least the addictive level. Gambling has no physical addiction, yet it can be equally as destructive.
        Come on Tood.
        There's just one problem here. Alcohol and Nicotine are a different level than the drugs you initially began discussing...this is called moving the goal posts of which you have been doing a lot.
        I didn't name ANY drugs, I just said drugs, and I suggest you look up the top 10 addictive drugs list.
        No, you mentioned tithes, and interestingly enough the ones with severe problems are the ones without tithes. Don't move goal posts.

Not really...I mean they are anonymous.
        How often does something stay Anonymous in small communities?
        See above.
        Yep, see above.
        I'm sure every Mexican would much rather have those charities in Mexico versus the cartels. Actually, I can guarantee it.
        https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2014/...narco-charity/
        You sure?
        In these parks, that's called goal post moving.
        If I changed the subject randomly, It would be goal post moving. If I created an unrealistic strawman scenario, it would be goalpost moving. Every step of escalation I have used has existed, or now exists. At no point did I say "all doorknockers are bad paedophiles out for my kids and my money" because doorknocking is unrelated to a church in anyway but being a GATEWAY to a potentially mind altering set of conditions, much like drugs can be a GATEWAY to the same thing, and as we were discussing MIND ALTERING things, that's apples and apples. It is you my friend connecting dots that I did not intend to create a pattern. Having said that, given my history of dislike of churches (and again, all of them), I'm not surprised you crafted that pattern in your mind, and I'll accept the responsibility for that. Given however we are talking about ADDICTION, addiction can form from pretty much anything (ask anyone with OCD) yet it does follow a predictable path of escalation.
        That's my point man, ADDICTION is the bad thing, because it invariably ends in EXTREME behaviour.
        OCD can cripple someone to the point of non-functionality.
        Drug Addiction can cause people to kill and steal because the addiction overrides social programming.
        Religious (or political) Addiction can cause people to kill because "the cause" becomes more important than the self, and unlike a Junkie who kills by opportunity, their escalation to killing becomes TARGETED.
        Is that clearer to you now?

Interestingly enough it isn't that hard to find a racist who would call MLK Jr. "One of the good ones".
        Yet it is far harder to find one who says the civil rights movement, or feminism, is just as good as the INDIVIDUAL who had a dream, or an ideal.
        Some aspects of Feminism and Civil rights scare the crap out of me, not because of the ideal of equality, but the lengths people are willing to go to, and in this day in age, that happens far, far faster than it did before, and sometimes the idea gets to the inquisition before it has even got to the Council of Nicea, Action before consideration of the effects of that action.

And that's the case for well...everything. You're basically appealing to the extremes to make your argument.
        No, what I am doing is saying extremes exist in everything, and they are dangerous. They are even MORE dangerous when we have historical precedents to consider.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

It doesn't. In fact it's not even mentioned in the bible.
          It's the public stance the Church has and almost every mainstream religions as well. We've already proven the actual representation of your faith in the world you and I walk differs from the Bible. Your theological point of view has merit but is irrelevant.

But just because there are two arguments one person can hold. One religious and one secular, it doesn't mean that they are exclusive. A religious person my object on "religious" grounds but they can also very well hold to the secular grounds as well. To discount their opinions because they happen to have both reasons is nothing more than religious discrimination and bigotry.
          In my opinion it is not "discrimination". That is the hypocrisy I find in some people that picks items from the religion menu and call themselves faithful followers. Not saying that's your case, but some people are not with the "party line" on almost every sensitive topic.

i.e.: I'm for gay marriage, sexual intercourse outside marriage, priest should marry, etc. But hey I'm Christian!
          Metaphysical in addition to the physical. I don't really think you understand religion to be honest. The two need not be exclusive. It is perfectly feasible for one's opinions to be based on both physical and metaphysical grounds.
          I don't need to understand religion to respect someone's opinion, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I don't think you understand how unbelievers such as myself see your metaphysical basis as complete gibberish. You surely don't believe in Allah, would you accept an argument from me based on the Quran?

No, all morality is subjective, or so goes the accepted view among anthropologists and sociologists. No one's morality, be it secular or spiritual is objective.
          Wrong, religion at its core defines morality in a literal medium or in books. Interpretations may differ, leading to different branches of the faith having divergent morality stances, yet a code is imposed all the same. Suicide for instance is viewed as immoral by Christianity as a whole, is it not?

you are the one who mentioned men as if pro-life is an inherently male thing. That's just not the case at all, not by a long shot.
          The parralel I was making is that the prolife is the Church's official stance, publicly known, and that organization advocating this position is led exclusively by men. I was specifically talking about that aspect (religion).

Religion senior managers that actually decides = Men
          Stance= prolife

Wether you like it or not, it is the blatant truth.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Why would they report that?
            Because it obvious?

Comment

Because it obvious?
              So, if it's Obvious, why not do it?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                So, if it's Obvious, why not do it?
                No idea, maybe the basic concept of "common sense" has been "educated" out of them?

It is just as obvious that these terrorism attempts were related as it was obvious that Ford & Co. were spinning pure tales of fiction.

Comment

That's hilarious.
                  sigpic

Comment

Suspect Identified In Suspicious Package Case Following Arrest In Florida

Authorities have arrested one person in connection with the wave of suspicious packages sent this week to political critics of President Trump, the Justice Department said on Friday.

FBI special agents arrested Cesar Sayoc, 56, in South Florida, a law enforcement official confirmed to NPR. Sayoc has a criminal record and public records connected him with an address in Davie, Fla.

FBI and other investigators surrounded a white van in a parking lot in Plantation, Fla., on Friday morning believed to be connected to the case; their inspection was shown live on cable TV and the van was loaded onto a flatbed truck.
                    Looks like they were related to me...

Comment

I guess you all saw that the MAGABomber has been captured.
                      sigpic

Comment

Im going to blame Trump for this just to annoy Annoyed
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I guess you all saw that the MAGABomber has been captured.
                          Good. Now all they have to do is find a tree high enough & some rope.

Ok, now that that's off my chest...

C'mon, Fox, this is too damned cheesy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylva...-federal-court

This supposedly happened back in June, and we just see it pop up in the news when there is a right wing nut job threatening folks on the left? Gotta love that timing, don't you?

Comment

MAGAbomber should become a meme now. Right now.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

FOX likes all cheese, preferably soft and malleable.
                              sigpic

Comment

No, you are someone who ignores fact to push an agenda, this guy ignores reality to impose an agenda.
                                He's lvl 3 stupid, you are still lvl 2.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X