Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you answer, please take a few minutes and read this.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...ry-or-genetic/
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Cannabis oil is good for treating a variety of things including chronic pain but there was a huge fight in many countries to get even that legalized. Yet now that it is legal governments have put many, many hoops and ladders in front of anyone who needs to get it. So yeah it's legal but we'll make it as hard as possible for you to get it and you may die.

Brilliant.

BTW that last bit was sarcasm
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Do you realize your question doesn't even make sense? How could a disease which a person does not yet have force them to have unprotected sex and therefore contract the disease?
        Who "forced" you to take up smoking?
        Just because you don't understand the question does not mean it makes no sense.
        Disease, disorder, what are you a Philadelphia lawyer?
        Just someone who understands the English language??
        Maybe you're not familiar with the way it works here.

People start using something, and like it too much. They get fired or get into legal trouble as a result. Some head shrinker then declares them to be addicted to something. This makes them eligible for all sorts of government programs, and provides funding for yet more head shrinkers to treat the individual's "disease". The supposed "addict" gets free room, board and other things you normally have to go to work to earn, and a number of head shrinks get paid by the govt. I've known several people that have deliberately gamed this system in order to avoid having to work; they have it down to a science.
        Yeah Chaka, you simply don't realise all Americans are hustlers and none of them are capable of telling the truth.
        NY is probably going to legalize weed within the next year; Trump's tax reform package is going to force NYS to cut it's confiscatory tax rates, so in order to keep up their spending, they need the revenue. I have no problem with this. Allow people to use it, and use the tax revenue.
        Actually, it's gonna do the opposite. The low population states are gonna need more subsidies, and the high population states, like yours are gonna pay for it, and you aren't even get any of the benefits of it.
        Cool huh?
        But under no circumstances should it be allowed to become another on ramp to the free-ride way.
        On this, you are right.
        Regarding my quitting smoking, yes, I used the patch to make it easier. But I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it was merely an aid. I would have succeeded with or without, because I had decided to quit, and nothing could have forced me to pick up another cigarette. It was a matter of willpower, nothing more. A battle with my own mind, as it were. As evidence, I ask: How many people have tried and failed using patches and all the other aids to quitting smoking that exist?
        Yeah, and I could become king of the world without the adoration of 6 billion people, it's just willpower.
        Man, you believe in magic more than I do.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Who "forced" you to take up smoking?
          Just because you don't understand the question does not mean it makes no sense.
          No one forced me to take it up, I decided to of my own free will.

Yeah Chaka, you simply don't realise all Americans are hustlers and none of them are capable of telling the truth.
          At what point did I say "all"?

Actually, it's gonna do the opposite. The low population states are gonna need more subsidies, and the high population states, like yours are gonna pay for it, and you aren't even get any of the benefits of it.
          Cool huh?
          What does that have to do with NY needing the tax revenue? If, as I would like, it is not possible to use weed as an on ramp to the free-ride way, they would not need additional subsidies.
          If you're talking about the effect of the tax reform on states, I don't think you understand it. By disallowing the deduction for state taxes, it's gonna force high tax states to cut their taxes. States with lower taxes won't be affected all that much, because there isn't that much tax to deduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Before you answer, please take a few minutes and read this.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...ry-or-genetic/
            I might not be so willing to take what is posted on the site of a company that makes its living providing services to addicts at face value.

Consider. Take a look at the published list of tickboxes most addiction treatment programs use to determine if someone is an alcoholic. They make it seem that anyone who drinks at all is in need of treatment.

Comment

I might not be so willing to take what is posted on the site of a company that makes its living providing services to addicts at face value.

Consider. Take a look at the published list of tickboxes most addiction treatment programs use to determine if someone is an alcoholic. They make it seem that anyone who drinks at all is in need of treatment.
              You think smoking is the hardest thing to ween off?

Look, if you don't like that source there are tons more out there. It has been scientifically proven, a long time ago, by geneticists that alcoholics transfer their traits to their children and these kids are more prone to develop this disorder. A personal friend of mine became alcoholic almost instantly after having his first few beers, at the age of 15-16. Guess what? His dad was and is an alcoholic.

Heroin addicts' babies need to be given small dose of heroin at birth otherwise they die. Those that want to quit injecting need incremental doses because you can't go cold turkey, you'll die.

Drugs and booze are poison to our bodies, they change the brain wiring, develop illnesses and some that have specific genes are more susceptible to become addicts.

There is a component of free Will involved, no ****. If they don't want to change no treatment will help. Those that do, need support to help them get through it. It is a disorder / disease / illness and if you refuse to accept that, you're turning a blind eye to science.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Cannabis oil is good for treating a variety of things including chronic pain but there was a huge fight in many countries to get even that legalized. Yet now that it is legal governments have put many, many hoops and ladders in front of anyone who needs to get it. So yeah it's legal but we'll make it as hard as possible for you to get it and you may die.

Brilliant.

BTW that last bit was sarcasm
                And the only reason they do that is for the money, let's not fool ourselves.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Cool huh?
                  This has been an ongoing issue ever since I remember in Canada. They kind of fixed it with the "péréquation" which is math formula that divides the federal taxes. Fed money is not evenly distributed, provinces that contribute more get more. Quebec has been screwed over time and time again and a few years back the provincial government succeeded.to get billions in payback for the faulty payments.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

No one forced me to take it up, I decided to of my own free will.
                    Thus proving you did not understand Chaka's point, at all.

At what point did I say "all"?
                    The lack of the word "some" and your general attitude towards what you view as entitlements as proven over some 4 years.
                    You think if there is a free ride to be had, people will take it. That's the whole basis of your "anti" based arguments regarding socialized spending.
                    You might not see it, I can assure you, everyone else does.
                    What does that have to do with NY needing the tax revenue?
                    Nothing, it has everything to do with the federal spending of state gathered taxes.
                    If, as I would like, it is not possible to use weed as an on ramp to the free-ride way, they would not need additional subsidies.
                    ALL weed smokers are a drain?
                    Didn't you just complain about the all word?
                    If you're talking about the effect of the tax reform on states, I don't think you understand it. By disallowing the deduction for state taxes, it's gonna force high tax states to cut their taxes. States with lower taxes won't be affected all that much, because there isn't that much tax to deduct.
                    Federal reforms do not effect state tax levels, state tax levels affect federal budget.
                    As usual, you are bass-ackwards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      once they start using then yes.....I think what he's getting at is that there is no disease that destroys your free will...in other words there was nothing that forced them to actually start using to begin with...basically...if they'd said no and didn't start using then they wouldn't be having those detrimental changes occurring inside their bodies
                      Do you know faith is on the borderline of mental disease, and you like people who go door to door selling the gateway drug.
                      Remember kids, when the god-squad comes around, just say no.
                      (oh, and when someone pipes up "but you have faith", that's MY CHOICE, and I LOATHE god botherers of any stripe)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        This has been an ongoing issue ever since I remember in Canada. They kind of fixed it with the "péréquation" which is math formula that divides the federal taxes. Fed money is not evenly distributed, provinces that contribute more get more. Quebec has been screwed over time and time again and a few years back the provincial government succeeded.to get billions in payback for the faulty payments.
                        I imagine that that is one reason why there are occasional attempts made my Quebec to secede from Canada.

Comment

Do you know faith is on the borderline of mental disease, and you like people who go door to door selling the gateway drug.
                          Remember kids, when the god-squad comes around, just say no.
                          (oh, and when someone pipes up "but you have faith", that's MY CHOICE, and I LOATHE god botherers of any stripe)
                          Actually yes, when people peddling anything you don't want come by....you say "no" and close the door....or slam it in their faces and call the police (and be ready to defend yourself if the police take awhile to respond) if they aren't willing to take "no" for an answer

again....it's called free will...something all of us has

I do that with JW's all the time...let's just say that a general dislike of JW's (Jehova's Witnesses) is probably one thing that Catholics share in common with most other people

Although I would probably handle it by thanking them for the literature and offering some prinouts from the Catholic Answers website in return...bet I wouldn't be bothered again

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            I imagine that that is one reason why there are occasional attempts made my Quebec to secede from Canada.
                            Among many others yea.

As for JW, it's easy. A bud of mine simply answers the door naked. But he's weird, don't do it.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Federal reforms do not effect state tax levels, state tax levels affect federal budget.
                              As usual, you are bass-ackwards.
                              Yes, they do, in high tax states. The fed taxes used to allow deductions for state taxes, that has been removed. Therefore, taxpayers in high tax states feel the full impact of those high taxes. This places pressure on the high tax state to lower its tax rates. who then have to lower spending, 'cause they can't fake it like the feds do.

Comment

Yes, they do, in high tax states. The fed taxes used to allow deductions for state taxes, that has been removed. Therefore, taxpayers in high tax states feel the full impact of those high taxes. This places pressure on the high tax state to lower its tax rates. who then have to lower spending, 'cause they can't fake it like the feds do.
                                That is federal tax relief.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X