This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ just you? oh no, of course not!

as for favorite scene... i'd say raoul and christine singing all i ask of you and then the phantom's reprise!! powerful scene and i LOVE that song!! i SOOOOOOOo need the soundtrack!!!

Comment

I liked the movie but I did enjoy the stage version better. I agree that there are some things that you can convery much better with a movie then you can with a stage production and their limited sets but I enjoy the experience of going to the theatre. I saw Phantom at the Orpheum theatre in San Fran and it was so much fun. There's just something about getting dressed up and going to the theatre and getting the play bills and whatnot. But I do think that they did very well with the movie. It's hard to believe that the girl who played Christine was only 17 during production.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

was she 17? someone told me she was 16.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
        Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
          i SO got chills there!! the music started up and i literally got goosebumps!! it was amazing!!
          Me too!! It's that song, it's so powerful! From the pov of the music though, I do prefer it live. But visually, it's probably better as a film!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
            emmy rossum??? she was 17 filming and is 18 now (which makes me EXTREMELY jealous as that's my age too!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
              She was 16 when she made the movie...I think she's 18 now...I'm too lazy to check on IMDB..

But anyway. I enjoyed the movie, and I've never seen the stage version, but I have heard the soundtrack to the orignal cast a hundred times, and I can kinda guess why people didn't like the movie as much as the stage version.

But I thought cinematography and the costumes were lovely. But I still want to see the show on stage. It's the only way to see 'Phantom' IMO.
              ~Athena

Comment

Masquerade was so dissappointing though, it's my favorite part of the stage show and all I got in the movie was a bunch of people Vogue-ing. And where was the awesome skull mask?!

And what was up with the Phantom losing at the cemetary?! Hello? Fireball-light thingys!

And no matter what you do, flailing your arms wildly does not get the chandelier to fall at the appropriate moment.

Sorry, I just saw it again and I had to give my input.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Well here's my cent and a half. I LOVED the movie! I went to see it with my best friend, mum, and sister. It was so enticing! Did I spell that right? Every scene held my attention. I was on the edge of my seat through the whole thing.
                  Still Smiling,
                  ^_^,ll..

Comment

I saw this movie with my fiance a few weeks back. I though it was very good and I was shocked as a male that this movie would even be enjoyable. She made me purchase her the movie soundtrack. This just gave me an excuse to replace all my home theatre equipment for top dollar stuff. It looks like everyone is happy now.

Comment

Oh man...It was so gorgeous. I haven't seen the stage version, though, and I haven't yet read the book, though I am going to as soon as I get my library fines cleared up. I can't really say anything but "wow" about the movie.

Comment

is it still in theatres??? i wanna go see it again before it ends its theatre run!!!

Comment

ok, I was talking to my mom the other day about the movie and she thought I said the Phantom of the Tok'ra! lol yeeeah...
                          anywho! this kinda got me thinking and...

yeah, cheesy I know, but so much fun to make! (I kinda screwed up on the "Tok'ra" color though... )

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! that's hilarious!!!!! *off to give some green *

that's one movie that i'd pay $9 for

Comment

lol yeah, same here! I usually just go to the cheapy theaters. thanks for the green, Emily.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

well there's only really one theatre in honolulu which i can get to that shows new movies... so i'm kinda stuck...

you're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X