No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N - Not good news about my psych meds. I take the new one, Vraylar, and I had it upped to 3 mg from 1.5, and soon discovered severe dry skin, itching like crazy, and bumps and flakes in my scalp. Turns out I'm allergic to the Vraylar, so I've stopped taking it. I see my psych Dr. again on the 14th of September, and we'll talk more about what happened and what med to try next. In the meantime, I'm supposed to take Zyrtec and use hydrocortisone cream where it itches, letting the meds work their way out of my system. However, while that happens, I'm absolutely miserable with itching and dry skin. Ugh!
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Where is everyone?

Comment

O - Over abundant of things going on in my life.

P - Physician visits in my immediate future due to catching up with missed checkups.

Q - Quite ok, physically, but my innards have a couple of problems that have to be dealt with.

R - Really like to get new laptop, but the ones advertised don't have CD/DVD drives.
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

T - Thank goodness you posted! Was worried about you! Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. Hope it turns out okay.

U - Under the weather I've been still. The itching, dry skin and flakes in my scalp are terrible! But I have meds and creams to help.

V - Very much cooler today here. Right now at 1:23 my time, it's 48 degrees and breezy. We had severe weather last night here, and it rained a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
            Where is everyone?
            W = Working at either being very busy or very sleepy and tired.

Comment

XYZ says I'm trying not to be sick, but it isn't working. Coughing, sweats, body aches, headache, runny nose, but NO fever. So I'm staying home from work today.

Comment

A - And here we go again. Last Spring I was tested positive for COVID because of the vaccine. Today I saw the doctor via telemed visit, and told her every symptom I had. She had me get tested again for COVID, and I should know by the end of the day. I'll let you all know what I find out...

UPDATE: I just got the call from the doctor, and tested negative for COVID. She said it's just some of the junk that's going around right now and suggested Mucinex tablets and lots of fluids. THANK GOD!
                Last edited by imzadi35; 18 October 2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

B - Been posting in the COVID thread, and got totally trashed and had my feelings destroyed there. I'm thinking about staying away from the threads for awhile. For those who want to get in touch with me, you know how to do it.

Comment

C - Came back, but will avoid certain threads here.

D - Do hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, laughter, and great food!

Comment

E - Early in the morning. Watching classic Doctor Who on Pluto.

F - Frustrated with loopy laptop.

G - Gotta replace the hard drive.

H - Have considered buying new laptop but they don't come with a RW CD/DVD drive.

I - I'm using my cell phone (low on space) to post. Considering getting a new one with 16 Gb of space.

J - Just not nice if posts on the Covid forum are hurtful. Did you contact the moderators?

K - Kinda have some med issues of my own as well. Seeing doc next week regarding lab results.

L - Later this morning going for Covid rapid test. Taking precautions since this pandemic started, but you never know.

M - May God grant you His blessings! ????
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

N - Not known why the '????' appeared in the post.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

O - Oh boy! I hope it's nothing serious health-wise! God's blessings and prayers for you!

P - Perhaps you may HAVE to replace your computer. Isn't there any kind of computer that has what you're looking for?

Q - Quite colder it's supposed to get here starting tomorrow into next week. Really cold! Brrrrrrrrr!

Comment

R - Really had a scare last night! it was about 7:15 CST, and I was at work taking money. Suddenly I felt dizzy and lightheaded, so I asked one of my coworkers to get me a small glass of Hi-C pop, thinking my blood sugars were a little low. Unfortunately it didn't help, and at 8 pm when I got off, since I had to stop at our local Walmart anyway, I decided to check my blood pressure with their machine. I know it's not 100% accurate, but the reading was 199 /105. I knew that was high, so I finished up quickly and went home, telling my mom and husband what happened when I got there.

Just before going to bed, I checked it again with my own machine I have at home, and it was 189/117. My hubby said, "That's it! I'm taking you to the ER. Let's go!" I quickly shut down my computer and got ready, and we made our way there. Once inside, a triage nurse came to talk to me, and agreed something was wrong. Ten minutes later, they took me back and started checking my vitals. After hooking me up to a blood pressure monitor, he found it was still high. I told him I was on 160 mg of Propranolol for this and headaches, but it was still high anyway.

So they ordered an EKG, which turned out normal, and blood work which showed I didn't have COVID and was also normal. So to bring it down they put in an IV and gave me something to relax me and help the pressure come down. By the time I was done, I was feeling loopy from the meds, and tired, too. But the pressure was a lot better than when I came in. The ER doctor said he didn't know what could have caused it to be so high, but to follow up with my doctor in a few days to let them know what happened.

I was always under the impression that if the bottom number was high, that was bad. The doctor told me that they care more about the top number instead. That's the one they watch out for more. So I checked it a little while ago (today), and my top number was 147, which is still not good, but MUCH better than last night.

I start seeing a new doctor at the end of this month, but in the meantime, I'll monitor it and write numbers and dates down for my new doctor. Hopefully this doesn't happen again!

Comment

S - So I saw a temporary doctor, a PA at my clinic, on Wednesday afternoon. She took my blood pressure and agreed it WAS high. We discussed my meds I take now, and she decided to put me on Lisinopril. I started it on Thursday morning. So far, so good. They told me some things to look out for side effects-wise, but nothing so far. It's also bringing my bp down some. I am still seeing my new dr. at the end of the month, and he'll do a meds check to see how the lisinopril is doing, and how my pb is doing as well. I'm writing my bp and pulse down every morning for the new doctor. Hopefully we can get it under control and figure out what, if it's not just getting older, is causing the high bp. Wish me luck!

Comment

T - Took another lovely trip to the ER last night. Left work feeling like my heart was beating out of my chest and trouble catching my breath again. So when I got home, my hubby took me up there. The doc asked a bunch of questions; the lab techs drew blood twice (one of the tubes of blood was bad), and they took X-rays of my chest.

Turns out, after almost 3 hours there, I was told I’d had an anxiety attack, and that I had pneumonia. So now I’m on two antibiotics, and I get the joy of talking with my psych Dr. about possibly changing or adding an anxiety med to what I already take. Btw, my blood pressure was a little high, but the Dr. figured it was the anxiety and having pneumonia. Don’t know what I have to be anxious about though.

So I started the antibiotics tonight and am on them for 7 - 10 days. This also means no league bowling for me tonight. Oh joy! NOT!

Comment

Working...
                                X