No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M - Me? We have satellite here called Dish Network. Right now I'm listening to M*A*S*H reruns on Sundance TV while I type this. Otherwise we also have Netflix, and one of the newest shows I fell in love with there is called The Crown. It's really good, but I'm getting really anxious to see the next season, if they have one.

N - 'Nother choice we have is Sirius XM Radio, and we can listen in on our TV via our satellite network.

O - Only thing is I wish I could get CBS ALL ACCESS so I could watch the new Star Trek coming out. But you have to pay for it, unfortunately.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

P - Perhaps episodes of ST:DIS will be available via On Demand for free six months to a year from now.
      Last edited by pscard; 05 June 2017, 06:18 AM.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Q -- Quite adaptable we are with watching shows. I literally do not follow any show in Belgium. Everything I watch comes from across the pond, and is acquired under the radar as it were.

R -- Right now, though, all are on hiatus and Game of Thrones doesn't start until July. So we're back to playing games on Xbox or Wii. Currently: continuing playing Star Wars: The Force Awakens Lego game.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

S - So what's the Star Wars game like? Any fun?

T - Thursday here and I'm sitting at my Mom's house while she goes to Sioux Falls for the day with her friends. They get together one day a month and visit at one anothers' houses. This time one of the members lives in Sioux Falls, so they're going there. In the meantime, her A/C went out, and it's supposed to be around 100 degrees F this weekend. So she called a company and bought a new A/C, which they're putting in this morning. Hence the reason I'm sitting here. She wanted to make sure things were safe while the guy was here working so that no one would break in, as it were.

U - Unusual for this time of year are those high temps. Temps right now for NE South Dakota are around lower to middle 70s F. So 100 degrees is above normal for us.
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
            S - So what's the Star Wars game like? Any fun?
            V -- Very addictive. Once we start, we usually can't stop playing and forget about time altogether.
            You play chapters from the film, all the while finding things and solving puzzles and collect coins so you can buy extra characters or collect objects which unlock extra characters. It's great fun cause each character has its own neat tricks, and it's absolute fun to play co-op. Actually, I prefer all my games co-op so that my sister and I can play together, which makes games 10 times more fun.

Comment

W - WOW! is all I can say about the HDTV I bought. The color and image is absolutely outstanding!

X - Xception, while I admire all the features of this new TV, is the TV channel icons. They're bigger!

Y - You know how irritating they are, so I made a new, larger icon blocker.

Z - Zest is what I have for not having to see those icons.

A - Anyway, the icon blocker I have is geared for BBCA and it's adjustable depending on the change in height in the advertisement that appears above the icon.
              (Chosen One)

Comment

B = Been more on the cold side than warm side on the eastern coast USA. Temp tonight at 8-pm was 65 degrees F. That may be normal, but it was in the 60's and barely low 70's most of this week. Very comfortable temps. Been enjoying the cooler weather.. less bees/wasps flying around on aggressive attack mode. *wink*

C = Covered up overnight with electric blanket heater ON, just to take the chill out of the moment. It's been freezzling over here... However, it could easily end up super hot into the 90's and 100's (F) during the summer months, so ..time will tell.. Last year, I think northwest NJ only had about 3 days that hit over 100 degrees F. It was pretty mild last year, in comparison to some *hot-as-hades* temps in previous years. Also, that really depended on the elevation and location along the eastern seaboard, too. Urbanized/City temps are usually always hotter than rural/country temps.

D = Days (and nights) have been more on the chilly side, than warm/hot end. Our A/C has been on and off since March of this year (more for white noise in fan-mode to sleep with).

E = Environment sometimes gets very humid just prior to the midpoint of June.. I know because I got married during that time frame (over 35 years ago) and it was on the cool 70's (F) side, but humid for that 1st day/week. Since then, I've tracked the weather to be humid mostly around that time, but rarely super hot. Sometimes the years around that time get into the 80's (F.) but it feels hotter because of the ickky humidity. I know it's finally warm enough when I don't need to put the bathroom heater on just to get dressed up really fancy ~ for having an anniversary dinner elsewhere (other than home).

F = Forever grateful to be done with school/high school. ..I do remember sitting in school the last two weeks mid to last full week of June with excessive temps in the 90's (F). One year, during my Junior High/Middle school, I had a few classes just stop teaching because we had NO air conditioning, and the teacher was ready to pass out from heat exhaustion. That was about 45 years ago.

G = Gym class --during my senior year-- in June about 40 years ago were *fun* because some of my classmates discovered my secret to a very entertaining phys/ed class.. I used to spend it in the weight room pushing and pulling on the weight bars and half studying for my exams while doing sit-ups and other exercise "work-outs". Well, when the other kids found out they could go to the Weight Room to basically stretch and relax --or do nothing because we all had to wait on line to have our turn on the exercise equipment-- it got wayyyyyyyy too crowded.

H = Had to sit on a bunch of mattresses outside the weight room door to wait for our turn to get in and use the equipment. The weather temps for our morning classes back then had already soared into the 90's (F), so only the crazier kids wanted to "work out" outside on the track field. Most of us crashed out in nap-mode or gabby-talk mode on top of the mattresses, until it was our turn to go in and do pull-ups, sit-ups with leg weights, etc. Worst part (or perhaps the *best* part), the teachers couldn't yell at us, because we were officially signed up to be there, but couldn't get inside to use the equipment yet. =)

I = I can believe it's now the beginning of June and I've actually been wearing my winter-to-Spring COAT to work this week..! My cheap, sherpa sweater-jacket was NOT warm enough!! Either that, or I'm having extreme COLD chills along with my menopausal *hot flashes*..

Comment

J = Just wanted to add that Spring temps are supposed to be on the cooler side.. not in the hot, high 80's and 90's for most of the spring months. I remember years and years ago wearing flannel lined sweatshirts, long sleeves, and usually some form of lightweight jacket or coat -- because weeks between March to June were often in the 50's and 60's, with some days reaching into the 70's (F). Rarely did it ever get HOT into the 80's and 90's (F) or higher.

Comment

K -- Knowing the level of chaos my colleague's quite good at (at the moment working next to me), it's no surprise she forgot her cellphone in a store she was at yesterday. Just called them to ask if they found it -- she got the wrong store. They had no clue, until they mentioned they have another store on a different street. SNORT!! Cellphone located.

L -- Looking to be rainy day here, and still heading into a very dry summer which will not be good for the plants, or anyone else really.

Comment

M = Muggy, hot, and humid today!!! Right on cue, the muggy summer weather cycle has started up again almost right on previous schedules. At 1:30ish-pm, it's already 85 degrees (F) in the SHADE. Yeppers... and I'm having hot flashes now and then, too, which makes it feel even HOTTER. ...and I'm currently (humidity glued) sticking to the table here while typing this up! ...

Comment

N -- Now, I'm outside, underneath an umbrella, even though sun is spare and clouds are covering the sky. Ideal to learn how my newly acquired 3D-modelling program works so I can start on the Alex Danvers alien gun 2.0.

Comment

O -- Orlando Pulse, 1 year on, and nothing has changed as far as gun laws are considered. How many more mass shootings does America have to endure before anything is done about it?

P -- Put on my Pulse NOH8 shirt to remember the 49 on monday. It's one of my favorite T-shirts to wear. It has a red heart with a rainbow pulse running through it, and the letters NOH8 in the center of the heart, on a black T-shirt. The money from the sale went to the Pulse victims. Limited edition shirt.

Comment

Q -- Questionable at best, but studies show that talking to yourself is a sign of intelligence. The amount of dialogue I utter to myself, I must be a genius. *mumbles some more to herself cause the laptop won't say anything back*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              O -- Orlando Pulse, 1 year on, and nothing has changed as far as gun laws are considered. How many more mass shootings does America have to endure before anything is done about it?
                              R -- Right! I posted this message before news of the two shootings. Seems many more to come.

Comment

S - Sad. So very sad.

T - Too many school shootings as well, yet nothing was done.

U - Unless the NRA agrees to stronger measures to help prevent this from happening again, it will continue.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X