ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscard View Post
    C - Could that the Iodine-131 is being dropped from a plane without anyone's knowledge?
    D -- Do tell, why would anyone drop that out of a plane? It's a highly volatile and a dangerous halogen. Not something you'd "accidently" drop from a plane. It's also used to treat thyroid cancer. It does have fairly rapid half life, but still... not healthy. -- For more information on Iodine-131
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

E - Experimentation? Perhaps it's a terrorist act? Just a couple of ideas based on your 'W' post.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
        E - Experimentation? Perhaps it's a terrorist act? Just a couple of ideas based on your 'W' post.
        F -- Fairly certain, it's Russia doing something they shouldn't be doing. They've been amping up their military presence near the European borders so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were also amping up their nuclear arsenal, doing some secretive testing (which then resulted in the Iodine-131 release -- hoping the halftime of 8 days would be enough cover for whatever it is they're doing -- too bad, Norway has great sniffing equipment).

G -- Gonna note that terrorists wouldn't be interested in a "clean" nuclear device. They would most certainly use a dirty bomb in a well populated area. It's all about killing infidels -- and the more casualties one can make, the better.

Comment

H - Have to say that the weather here is gonna be great this weekend! Highs in the 50's and lots of sunshine. Ahhhhhhhhh!

I - It's not supposed to last, but it's supposed to be above-normal in the temps department for awhile though.

J - Just wondering if I should pull out my capris and short-sleeved shirts.

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

G -- Gonna note that terrorists wouldn't be interested in a "clean" nuclear device. They would most certainly use a dirty bomb in a well populated area. It's all about killing infidels -- and the more casualties one can make, the better.
            K - Kinda happen to remember there was talk some years ago about the use of neutron bombs that kill people but don't destroy buildings.

L - Last thing we need is a nuclear war. I pray we're not headed for WWIII.
            (Chosen One)

Comment

M -- Mmm yeah, I remember the neutron bombs. The specs are interesting and fascinating. The science, I mean. The killing, not so much.

N -- Now that #45 wants to expand the US' arsenal to be the biggest of them all, and North-Korea's trying to build one that doesn't plunge into the sea after a click in the air, I'd say the Cold War is heating up again. Russia already has a ballistic missile which can blow a crater the size of Belgium (obliterating my country in one go -- and Luxembourg as well) and contaminate large parts of The Netherlands, Germany, France and probably the UK in one go.

Comment

O - Oh boy is it windy here! Gusts up to 48 miles per hour. Oy!

P - Pray we don't get blown away.

Q - Quit blowing us around, Mother Nature. We don't want to go over the rainbow! LOL!

Comment

R -- Rainbows are cool!

S -- Strong winds, however, I'd rather not have this weekend cause I'm going city-tripping to Cologne (Germany) with two friends of mine. And we're planning on doing a lot of walking from one place to another (me and one of my friends are not comfortable with crowded places so subways and tramways or busses could be problematic).

Comment

Tonight I saw the movie The Shack. Teared up through most of it. I got a whole lot more than I thought out of it. I highly recommend it to all here.

Comment

U -- Unfamiliar with it. What is it about?

Comment

V - Video trailer of The Shack along with the synopsis was found here on the IMDB :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872518/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

W -- Wait for it, there's a book first. The book's always better than the film (the exception being that 50 Shades drivel -- both suck). It's not a genre I normally watch but maybe if I like the book I could try the film.

X -- I'm oddly reminded of the The Fountain (I think the title was, with Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman). It's really weird film, that had me scratching my head at the end, wondering what the hell I just watched.

Comment

Y - Ya know, the ending of The Fountain wasn't as confusing as the star child scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Z - Zed Zed 9 Plural Zed Alpha.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

A - And so we start again...

B - Been cold here with highs only in the upper teens. Snow is expected tonight through Monday, but hopefully not much.

C - Crap! Have to work tomorrow, but fortunately only a short shift.

Comment

D - Delightful day at work, Imzadi!
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X