No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V - Very good! Here's to better health!!!
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

W - Way to go on the BRAT diet, SG. I've been told about that, too.

XYZ says Now my fiancee's brother has it. Oy ve! *sighs*

A - And here we go again. Once more unto the breach.
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

B -- Bananas and rice will plug the flow. That's what they do. (my Doctor's words, not mine ) Apples are neutral food which provide fluids and sugars. Toast is easy to digest (just don't burn it -- that's not healthy). And I'm not sure, but tea will drive the water through system a lot faster so not sure that's such a good idea. It might cause dehydration.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

C - Colds and flu germs, etc. getting cleared out by nature's beautiful weather and warmer temps today. Had the windows open with the breezes blowing out any germs from inside the house today. This year, my hubby and I were fortunate enough not to suffer from the severe flu-like illnesses as those that occurred in previous years, but it was nice to air out the stale inside air, and get some fresher air blowing thru from outside. Seems we get this at least twice in the winter months for that very natural cleansing type -- reason.

D - Definitely cooler today than in previous years for cleansing out the germs via opening the windows and airing out the entire house. We've had temps in the 70's and near 80's (degrees F) in some years when this sort of moment occurs in the winter months. Today, it almost got up to 60 degrees F. Still warm enough to open the windows, etc. Just add extra layers of clothing, turn the home-heating system down/off, so nature can do its work.

Comment

E -- Else, I might forget: donations for February are done. Donated to She Decides in name of a friend who asked for donations to human rights organizations for her 40th birthday (so I matched the donation as such). And donated to the Chyler Leigh & Floriana Lima b'day fund, which will be split up and donated to charities of their choosing. They play Alex Danvers and Maggie Sawyers in Supergirl. Sanvers rules.

Comment

F - Found my bridesmaid dress today, and I really like it! it's a hi-low hem, and it's royal blue.

G - Gotta make the necklaces for my attendants. I found a really pretty sapphire and silver pendant for the main part of it. It's in the shape of a snowflake.

H - Have to put it all together for them soon.

Comment

I -- I get a Frozen-themed feel here.

Comment

J - Just been researching the use of aluminum foil in cooking.

K - Kid you not, aluminum can lead to Alzheimer's. I first learned about that years ago and rarely drink soda out of cans.

L - Lately I learned that cooking in aluminum can cause small amounts to leach into food especially if the food is acidic (ex. tomatoes).

M - More info I found was about wrapping food in aluminum for storage. Although not as much gets into the food.

N - Now Ive decided to wrap my food in plastic wrap first, then with the aluminum.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

O -- Or it doesn't:

"Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
                    Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.
                    "

Source: Alzheimer's Association

Or Snopes: Aluminium Foiled

Comment

P - Perhaps it does, perhaps not. No one really knows...

Q - Quite unrelated the Frozen theme is. Merely a coinkidink.

R - Really have to think about the pendant I found because my wedding is in the Summer, not Winter season. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

S -- Scientists study the effects, and while science evolves, I do take their findings at a rather higher level than someone who knows little about it.

T -- To say, science evolves and we learn new things every day. Currently, seriously amused that there's a star out in the universe, which has been named after a beer-type --> Trappist-1. The team was lead by a Belgian of course.

Comment

U - Unfortunately, while washing a cookie sheet with the sponge, some of the aluminum came off. Hence my concern.
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

V -- Very annoying when that happens. But do not worry -- at least you don't have Iodine-131 raining down on you. And yes, that's a radioactive element.

W -- Where it comes from? We don't know, but it was first picked up in Norway's atmosphere so chances are very real Russia's been playing around with nuclear material.

X -- One of the materials also released during the Tsjernobyl disaster in the eighties.

Comment

Y - You are back, pscard! How are things going?

Z - Z says glad you're back. You were missed!

A - All day today it's been cold and spitting snow off-and-on. Tomorrow is supposed to be much the same here.

Comment

B - Better things could be, but I'm surviving.

C - Could it be that the Iodine-131 is being dropped from a plane without anyone's knowledge?
                                Last edited by pscard; 02 March 2017, 07:58 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X