ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscard View Post
    w - who do you think made me forget the 'q'?

rofl!!
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

X - Xciting day?
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Y -- Y'all, if any of you see my head walk past, could you please send it back my way. I lost it and kind of need it back. (or as you could also read it -- CHAOS AT WORK!)
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Z - Z says I can't talk long since I have to go to work soon.

A - Although when I go out, I have to wear lots of layers as it's only 8 above right now.

B - Been to the doctor for my annual physical. I'm pretty heathy, but my triglycerides are a little high. So more exercise and to take calcium pills. (I don't drink milk since I can't stand the taste.) I DO eat cheese and things like that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
            (I don't drink milk since I can't stand the taste.) I DO eat cheese and things like that, though.
            C -- Could be you are lactose intolerant. Apparently, it's how your body tells you that you shouldn't have that.

Comment

D - Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                C -- Could be you are lactose intolerant. Apparently, it's how your body tells you that you shouldn't have that.
                D - Do agree with you, FH.

E - Eliminate everything from your diet for a couple of days, Imzadi, that can cause lactose intolerance. Then eat some cheese and monitor your body's reaction.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

F -- For the record, to be lactose intolerant was once considered normal. However, humans adapted and now it's considered to be a deviant of the normal progression of human beings growing up. Adult animals are still lactose intolerant, humans on the other hand adapted. Which means, that no, you can't feed an adult cat milk.

Comment

G - Got some info on lactose intolerance from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

The ability to digest lactose into adulthood is believed to have developed among some human populations in the last 10,000 years.

H - Having seen the above quote in the article, that seems to makes sense. Humans domesticated animals (including cows for milk) about 10,000 years ago. So the ability to digest lactose is a recent human mutation. Some of us just haven't caught up yet.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                      H - Having seen the above quote in the article, that seems to makes sense. Humans domesticated animals (including cows for milk) about 10,000 years ago. So the ability to digest lactose is a recent human mutation. Some of us just haven't caught up yet.
                      I -- I have to correct your number with 2000 extra years. Domestication started approximately 12,000 years ago. Dogs were even earlier, at 15,000 years ago. And who knows, we'll probably have to adjust that timeline again when we found more evidence of domestication.

J -- Just as fun fact: hay fever was passed down from our Neanderthal ancesters.

Comment

K - Kinda did say "about".

L - List of animals that were domesticated are on this web page: http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/...historyid=ab57
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

M - My fiancee just recovered from the flu. and now his mom has it. *sigh*

N - No, I don't have it. *knocks on wood*

O - On another note, I didn't get the shot, because no matter what you tell me, I ALWAYS feel the needle. I HATE, HATE needles!

Comment

P - Poked by needle is not a pleasant experience, but sometimes it's necessary.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

Q -- Quite right. Vaccinations safe lives. Just pretend the needle isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                                M - My fiancee just recovered from the flu. and now his mom has it. *sigh*

N - No, I don't have it. *knocks on wood*

O - On another note, I didn't get the shot, because no matter what you tell me, I ALWAYS feel the needle. I HATE, HATE needles!
                                S - Since I have allergies to many things, a long time ago, a nurse advised me NOT to get the FLU shot, because it contained an ingredient I was allergic to. Egg(s).
                                Reaction -- fevers, chills and vomiting. Might as well get the flu instead since it has the same symptoms!
                                So, because I used to get deathly ill every time I'd get a flu shot, now I just tell whoever asks that I was advised I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in the serum (the egg), and so far the medical people have backed off from forcing me to get the shot. Everywhere I go medically, I've been asked, including the hospital, and so far, I've been fortunate NOT to end up getting stabbed with the flu shot mixes. *whew!*

T - Too dazed to think deeply right now.. However, on the surface of thoughts --- I think the norovirus is worse than the flu, because whenever I've gotten the norovirus, I was never able to hold any food or even water down. Water??! gahh. I was so sick from not eating or drinking for 2 whole days (nothing stayed down) that when I called the doctor's office, they were already overbooked from other sick people coming in, and I needed HELP for whatever was ailing me. So, my primary doctor's nurse advised me to try the
                                BRAT diet----
                                Bananas
                                Rice (also rice in chocolate chip bars helps)
                                Applesauce, apples
                                Toast or tea

It worked!! I've been using it ever since, and haven't had much problems since then, as a result. So, from my own experimenting, I've discovered that certain dosages of Vitamin C with Zinc...or extra zinc taken hours later, too, also seems to help ward off the sniffles (it recently helped when my allergies got out of control and lights even triggered the watery eyes, which went beyond what I consider tolerable -- and that was when taking allergy medicine too that the medicine didn't seem work at all). Romaine lettuce seems to also help prevent the bad stomach bugs from taking over, too. ..well, so far, anyway..

Comment

Working...
                                X