ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V -- Very sorry for your loss.

W -- Working 5 days a week, I do. 7,5h a day (more or less -- we have a certain flexibility as employees). Do not work during weekends (unless, a deadline needs to be met or tests have to be performed). I usually start between 9.30 and 10am (have to drive for an hour to get to work) and my day usually ends between 5.30 and 6.30pm. Unless I'm really not in the mood to stay longer, then I pack up and leave around 4pm (and do the rest of my hours at home).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

XYZ - Sorry for not checking in for a while, but I was out of town visiting family for Christmas and New Year's.

A - Auld Lang Syne New Year's and a

B - belated Merry Christmas to all!

C - Condolences for your loss, Imzadi.

D - Due to an upper respiratory infection, I'm stuck at home. I'm starting to feel better but don't want to chance a relapse or infecting anyone else by going out unless there's a real need.
      Last edited by pscard; 12 January 2017, 09:14 AM.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Thanks for the condolences.

E - Ever so glad to hear from you, pscard! Glad you're safely home, but sad you're under the weather.

F - Feel better soon!

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

G - Good to be back.

H - Healthier than last week, but now have a dry cough due to bronchitis. This almost always happens after an URI.

I - I'm taking Slippery Elm Bark (yes, that is a funny-sounding name) to calm my lungs.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

J -- Just because I'm curious -- what's that? Slippery Elm Bark? Sounds ew... but most potions are ew.

K -- Knowing no immediate remedies for upset lungs, except perhaps something with eucalyptus (that stuff koala's love).

Comment

L - Love eccinacea and Vit. C when I have the first sign of a cold or flu. Works every time to knock it out.

M - Meeting with out pastor tomorrow who will perform the wedding in June. We'll talk about times, who does what, etc.

N - Nice weather here with plenty of warm temps and sunshine. Warm being in the lower 20's ABOVE zero for a change!

Comment

O -- Our temps have dropped below 0° Celsius. It's freezing for a change, and I kinda love it. Ducks on the channel I passed this morning were walking on water -- Jesus Ducks.

Comment

P - Pleased to answer your question, FH.

Q - Quite simply, Slippery Elm Bark comes from a species of the elm tree. The mucilage is found within the inner bark, and when mixed with water, creates a slimy gel-like fluid which is ingested.

R - Remedy, this substances is for a number of ailments. I started using it years ago to calm my lungs during a bout with bronchitis.

S - Slippery Elm Bark at that time was purchased as a brown powder. It tasted like a brown paper bag when mixed with water. Thank goodness this herb is available in capsule form.

T - These URLs will have more information:
                  http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-slippery-elm.html
                  http://www.healthline.com/health/foo...ppery-elm-bark
                  http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/e/elmsli09.html
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

U -- Uh... "tastes like a brown paper bag, mixed with water" ... ...I'm having all sorts of visuals, none of them tasty.

Comment

V - Very much recommend you get the capsules if you decide to buy it. Any questions?
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

W -- Well, I'd have to find it first. Though, my remedies are off the less slimier kind. I stick to tea -- fresh lemon and LOOOOOOOOTS of honey. It's mostly the honey, really. Honey is healthy, or so I've been told.

X -- X is 10 in Roman numbers. Ha, finally something relevant for an X.

Y -- Y'all watching the inauguration tomorrow? Saw an article on Frank Sinatra's daughter in which she wasn't too happy about Agent Orange using one of her father's songs. My first thought was -- He's using My Way, probably. Read the article and snorted out loud when I read it was just that.

Z -- Zzz... is what I'm going to catch, after rewatching Supergirl episode 206 (Alex' coming out episode which I LOOOOOOVE cause sooooo recognizable).

Comment

A - An inauguration tomorrow for the new prez.

B - Be afraid. Be very afraid.

LOL
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

C -- Can't predict the outcome, but my sister suggested we move the doomsday clock foward to 2 minutes before midnight today.

Comment

D - Do you hear it? "TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK..."
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

E - Everyone protested about Trump taking office yesterday. Here's what I said on

F - Facebook... All day I saw the inauguration of Donald Trump into the office of President. And all I've heard and read since is how people hate him and wish things were different right now. Protests, hateful words, etc. Come on people! Even I don't like the man, but he IS our president now, and he deserves some common respect. Besides, ANY human being, even Donald Trump deserves common respect. I believe Jesus would give him that, and so should we. So grow up already, and act like the adults you claim to be!

G - Got some likes on what I wrote, and one thank you.

H - Have a whole lot of fog here, but it's warm and 30 degrees F outside. No sun at all today.

Comment

Working...
                                X