No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L - Lousy choice of candidates to chose from, not knowing some of the initiatives and measures on the South Dakota part of the ballot, etc. Things like that kept me from voting.

M - My opinion of Trump is that he has no political experience whatsoever, so he doesn't know much about how things work, again IMOHO.

N - Now I give him the same respect that I give any human being. But unfortunately that is all right now.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

O -- On the other hand, you have the right so I'm always surprised to hear when people don't use it to make themselves heard. However, voting is mandatory in my country, and even if it wasn't I'd still go.

P -- Pence will probably be ruling as de facto president, which is even worse.

Q -- Question is, will the electors vote for Trump on December 19 or will some of them go rogue, i.e. become faithless elector and vote for Clinton instead. That would be the day.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

R - Right to not vote is still a right.

S - Single vote in this election would not have made a difference.

T - The FBI influenced Trump's win due to the announcement of Clinton's email. This swayed voters at the last minute.
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
          R - Right to not vote is still a right.
          U -- Unless you know people have fought and died for it. In my opinion, notice my, I think it's a dishonor to their memory. But that's just me. There are plenty of other ways to protest-vote -- not voting is not one of them. You could also do write-ins (don't really understand the point of it but okay) or vote for other candidates other than the two major ones (Johnson, Stein and there were others).

V - Voting, for the longest time, was only reserved to the elite. Women couldn't even vote until the middle of the 20th century (give or take a few years). I mean, come on...

W - Well, anyway... Curious how 4 years of Pence will shape the USA.

Comment

XYZ says let's hope that Obamacare isn't repealed because it's the ONLY way I can get health insurance I can afford.

A - And another day fades into the past.

B - Been upset because my future mom-in-law is feeling left out of the decision-making when it comes to my wedding. For example, I had time to kill and went shopping by myself for a wedding dress. In the meantime my MIL was gone with her hubby trucking. She wasn't home. So I found one dress I liked, but didn't have money since my mom was buying it. So I waited until the next day to take her and show her the dress I'd found. (My future MIL was still not home at this point.)

So the next day I took my mom in, but the dress I had found didn't work. I tried on another one that day that fit and was nice, but it was on the clearance rack. If we hadn't bought it that day, it might have been gone. So we bought it that day, future MIL still not there. She didn't find out about the dress until last Mon. night, and she said she felt left out. We try to include her, but she tells us she doesn't care anymore. Yet she feels that she should be included in all the decisions, even though it's our wedding, not hers. *BIIIIIIG SIGH...*

Comment

C -- Can't really figure out why everyone wants to stick their nose in everything when it comes to wedding planning. I mean, it's like you say it yourself, it's your wedding. I do understand they want to be there, but she chose to go off trucking. And you found the dress, so what's more important, your happiness or hers. Can we see the dress?

Comment

F - For the sake of keeping the peace, you can sit down with her and explain that you tried but she wasn't available.

G - Guess you can include her in something else, like perhaps flower arrangements, gifts, etc.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

Since D and E fell out of favor with Pscard...

D -- Damn, colleague behind me is having a conversation in French. It's hilariously bad French. And the other across from him is also having a conversation on the phone in French and she's near perfect. I sincerely hope the one he's talking to on the phone knows what he's talking about cause I sure don't...

E -- Ended my bingewatch of Supergirl and I'm so in love with that show.

Comment

F - Frak!

G - Guaranteed to happen to many of us at one time or another.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

H - Have to show you the dress once it's altered. The only thing wrong with the dress I found is that it was too long. So I'm gathering most of my attendants and my future MIL to see the dress next week. That's when my niece, who's my maid of honor will be home to see it. Hopefully we'll also find her and the other bridesmaids' dresses.

I - I have the movie Supergirl, and saw parts of the first season on CBS, but I can't figure out why they moved the show to the CW Network. CBS never does anything cool like that show for long.

J - Just now dealing with the leftover winds from our first blizzard of the season here in NE South Dakota. "Argos', as they called it, dumped at least 7 inches of wet, heavy snow here where I live, and it packed winds over 50 miles per hour. Streets are bad to a degree, but that's to be expected. They're starting to plow some of them now, like the main roads and emergency routed streets first. I'm glad it's done, except for the winds.

Comment

K -- K-words in English are hard to find for non-Native speaker -- just saying. Anyhoodle...

L -- Let it be known, I have the most awesome sister in the world. She went shoe shopping and came home with an early b'day present (my birthday isn't until January): a x-mas bear onesie! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! It's so fluffy and soft...

Comment

M - Me happy for you.

N - Nasty neighbors around us. They stare at us, call us bad names, and one lets their dog poop in our yard, off the leash, even though there's a leash law in our town. Grrrrrrrrr!

O - Out I have to go today to work. I go at 3:30 pm my time. Need to get ready, so I can go.

Comment

Happy belated Thanksgiving!!

Comment

P -- Photo-op of my shoulder last week, QEEG of my brain next week. There's an actual possibilty I have an attention disorder, which fraks with my daily life. It's something you're born with, so if I am diagnosed with it, I've been running around with it, unchecked for 35 years.

Q -- QEEG stands for QUANTITATIVE ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPH

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                P -- Photo-op of my shoulder last week, QEEG of my brain next week. There's an actual possibilty I have an attention disorder, which fraks with my daily life. It's something you're born with, so if I am diagnosed with it, I've been running around with it, unchecked for 35 years.
                                R - Right!! That not only explains why the subjects keep swirling into overdrive, but that comment made my day!

S - So, if you're not ADHD or have ADD, then it's the memory starting to fade.. or little pieces of details start to fail out of that noggin.. ..and you're still too young to start losing bits of the noggin..

T - Thanks FH, for humoring my day up a tad. This week has been on the stress-filled side with too many end of the year projects all due at the same time. ..reminds me of being back in school..my worst nightmares -- never getting assignments done on time cause da brain just didn't want to function properly..

Comment

Working...
                                X