X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B - Bemusement I wish to share:

Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

C - Cute emoji, pscard! Thanks for the bday wishes everyone. I had a fabulous day.

D - Didn't thunderstorm the other night, but there were storms all around us though.

E - Enough is enough! It really needs to rain here, as everything is so dry...
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

F - Fly over to Belgium -- we have more rain than you can stomach. I mean, I'm not complaining (much) but just yesterday I saw a couple of small fish eat their way through the birdseeds in the backyard.

G - Got no time to finish that ark of mine at the rate our weather is going.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

H - Has anyone been watching Cleverman on the Sundance channel?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4649420/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
          (Chosen One)

Comment

I -- It's happening!!! BELGIUM is going to the quarter finals of the European Championship Football in France. We kicked Sweden out with a beautiful goal by our very own Radja Nainggolan. WOOOHOOO!!!

J -- Just so damn relieved. Watching 22 players run after a tiny ball is definitely not a healthy pasttime. My goddess, my heart is still pounding.

Comment

K - Kinda not anxious to work again after years in the corporate world.

L - Last time I checked, I had 19 employers since graduation. Shoulda been just one from graduation to retirement.

M - Many years unemployed due to layoffs, contracts ending, and getting fired (twice).

N - Not bitter, but greatly disappointed and sad how my career turned out.

O - Obligatory financial responsibilities may require me to not retire until I turn 150 years old. LOL
              (Chosen One)

Comment

P - Please tell us what kind of degree you have, if any. I'm curious to know.

Q - Question for you all. Have any of you seen the TV program All Creatures Great and Small? Here's a pic of the three main cast members...

It's a great show, and my mom and I used to watch it on TV as I grew up. I'm thinking of buying the DVD series for her and me.

R - Really funny show, too. One of the characters, Tristan Farnon, played by Peter Davison, was just hilarious! If you get a chance to watch it, do so, as it's a good show.

S - So dry here, and no hope in sight right now. Everything plant-wise is stressing out!

Comment

T -- The TV show was shown, but never watched more than a few minutes. I wasn't a TV-watching kid in the eighties and early nineties. I went out to play so rarely spend enough time inside to watch more than a handful of minutes of tv. Also, did a lot of reading...
                  Peter Davison, I know as the 5th Doctor, and I met him a year or two ago.

U -- Underestimated the English team did Iceland at the European Championship Football in France. It's so not their week -- first the idiots vote out of the EU, now they're out of EURO2016 too. And the whole of the EU was supporting Iceland it seemed.

Comment

V - Very much the owner of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

W - Well, I posted my Stargate story to Archives of Our Own, only the first one of three, and already have my first comment. Gaggingly bad and stupid Mary Sue, which is what they are by definition. I knew it was a 'Mary Sue', as someone had already told me, but I never thought a comment like that could hurt so much. I'm seriously thinking of going in an getting rid of the story and my account altogether because of this. Guess I'm the only one who likes the story...

feeling heartbroken...

Comment

XYZ - Because I'm really too lazy to think much, but if you knew it was a Mary Sue (fandoms generally don't like those very well) you can always go back in and change the character. Hell, I have a story that I will never post and that is on its nth rewrite and is about 300K words long and about 300 pages by now. It's my practice story. Every time I learn something new in writing I go back to that story and change it again. It's a learning process.

A - All I'm saying is not to give up too soon. Do you have a beta? Someone who can go over your story and point the holes out to you? Or continuity errors? (I'm quite versed in continuity -- and in the errors ) Someone to bounce ideas of (also very helpful - rewrote a Forever Knight gift-fic 5 or so times until I got it right because my idea was bouncing off my beta - she was not an easy person to please I might add so in the end I was enourmously proud I pulled it of).

Comment

B - Bummer weather headache.

C - Crummy pain in the head.. I can sympathize with all of the animals about to freak out from the noisy fireworks (seems to have been every night for the entire weekend, so far). Except, pounding pain just gets amplified by loud noises. Maybe that is one of the reasons cats and dogs freak out from the fireworks and thunderstorms.. they're too sensitive to the noise and it just aggravates the pounding in their heads along with the air pressure and humidity/dew points wrecking havoc with their sinuses too.

Comment

D - Don't have a beta, because no one wants to read my story.

E - ever hopeful that someone will come along someday...

F - Feeling really heartbroken again as one of my best friends just lost his father today to cancer.

CANCER SUCKS!!

Comment

G - Got an LJ account, imzadi? There's a beta livejournal community where you can request beta's for every fandom in existence. I have found several people on there who beta'd stuff for me. You canset the level of beta-work which you require, like I need someone to check my English grammar and spelling. You can ask for continuity, character-checks (in or out of character), and the level of honesty you can take about how much work still the story needs before you can post it somewhere.

Trust me, sometimes a swift kick in the butt can do miracles to a story. Although, I'm eager to learn and challenge myself so my critics-level is set to high. If my story sucks, I want you to tell me that and not sugarcoat it.

H - However, if you like ... I'd be willing to look it over. PM me the details. I can do continuity and storytelling. Not a native speaker, so grammar and spelling is not my thing.

Comment

I - I thank you for the advice and offer, FH. I'll send you the details. Any help is appreciated.

J - Just got the funeral details for my best friend's father's funeral. I plan to be there if I can.

K - Kind of sad again tonight as even though my fiancee loves cats, he and his mom can't have them because of bad allergies. I really, REALLY miss having one of my own to love and comfort me when I need it. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs too, but it's not the same as a cat for me. I miss having one.

Comment

Working...
                                X