No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y - Yucky coughs (as in colds/flu/bronchitis, etc) going around the office, neighborhoods, grocery stores, etc. again. Two weeks freezing cold weather, then two weeks of beautiful warm temps and no one knows how to dress properly any more. Pneumonia weather . . . hmmm. Not sure which med works better - Mucinex causes excessive coughing, and Robitussin (or generic) brands aren't strong enough.. plus, on allergy meds, too. Need to dry up the post-nasal drip without getting injuring the diaphram again and avoiding sinusitis. ugh! Sleeping in 80 degree (upright) position doesn't stop the nose stuff from dripping either. Just finished up a load of antibiotics for recently finding a carpet tack the hard route. And too much antibiotics endangers the immune system from warding off the superbugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      And too much antibiotics endangers the immune system from warding off the superbugs.
      Sidenote: it's the other way around, the superbugs being immune to the antibiotics.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Z - Zippity-do-dah (or duh) .. you're right. Just getting a bit foggy in the brain. well, sort of.
        I just don't want to overdo it on the antibiotics too quickly. Lest the meds stop working, when most needed to.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Sidenote: it's the other way around, the superbugs being immune to the antibiotics.

Comment

A -- Ah damn... my company was robbed over the weekend. Thieves stole 58 laptops. They were lying in plain sight, locked but they had bolt cutters with them so they never stood a chance. The entire second floor got hit the hardest, I'm on the top floor (4th floor). They didn't reach that floor. However, now we need to take our laptops home after work. Pfff... mine's locked away, out of sight. They'd have to go look for it, and that takes precious time away from the heist. Everybody knows not to leave your precious things out in sight.

B - But our security is so lame, the insurance company's gonna have a fieldday when they see the lack of an alarm and cameras.

Comment

C - Chilly here, but not freezing cold. Lows will be around 28 with patchy fog. I'm hoping for more sunshine tomorrow, as it was cloudy today.

D - Do hope I can get rid of this headache I have.

E - Everything hurts, especially my bruised ribs because I took a nose dive into the ground on Saturday because of stumbling over my own two feet. I also had the wind knocked out of me, hence the bruised ribs. Ouchie!
            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

F - Feeling under the weather, I do. Throat feels funny, and my coughs don't sound very healthy and I feel like I could sleep a week. But for now... tea with honey.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                F - Feeling under the weather, I do. Throat feels funny, and my coughs don't sound very healthy and I feel like I could sleep a week. But for now... tea with honey.
                G = Get as much rest as you can.
                I did as much resting and sleeping over the weekend, and think it sort of helped slow the (illness) process down (this thing just wants to run its course, regardless of what you do to stop it). Lots of vitamin C, zinc, Green Tea, honey taken daily, and Nyquil at night to sleep, Robitussin (or generic cough med) to help the coughing -- but not overdue it with Mucinex (learned that lesson the difficult route and bruised my diaphram!).
                Also, propped myself up into an 80 degree upright position to slow any mucous dripping into my bronchials and lungs (not sure how well that worked, cause now my cough sounds broken, not dry any more). I also finally figured out how to sleep with Vick's vapor rub -- (after clearing out the sinuses) dab some on TOP of my nose, not under it. It doesn't burn that way, and I can still breathe, as long as I don't have to blow my nose. My mom used to put some on a rag near my pillow, but left wet spots on the pillow, so I've tried for years to figure out an alternative breathing method during those much needed sleep hours.

H - Having a really bad line of thunderstorms hitting most of the USA's mid-Atlantic east coast. Snow system seems to be about a day or two behind that, but might fizzle out before it gets here. Future temperatures looked like they are more in the spring-like numbers for the next week, than causing a super cold zone. Spring seems to be just a few short hops away, at this point. But this is the sort of weather that we had in 1991 -- warm, cold, warm, cold, warm, etc... thought spring was right around the corner.. and then the "Super-storm of the Century" (snow/blizzard!) hit, dumped over 2 feet of snow in many places, and made it frigidly cold for the next few weeks.

Comment

I - I can't do much resting, fulltime job by day, hobby by evening or watch lots of TV, and sleep between 1am and 8am. I also just take a slice of lemon, dump it in hot water, add lots of honey and then pour that down the throat. Works wonders. Doesn't taste like much if there's not enough honey to dull the lemon-y taste, but it works. Not a fan of medication so I stay away from it as much as possible (unless I have killer headache -- then painkillers need to be taken to get me to function properly).

Comment

J - Just feel better now as I'm really healing. But hope that you all feel better soon!

K - Kites could have been flown today, as it was a gorgeous day here where I live. Ahhhh!

L - Loved the temps today as they were in the lower 50's with plenty of sunshine and light winds. Gorgeous!

Comment

M - My brain's mush... Weekend started with the Game of Thrones boardgame on friday. Played an 8 hour game in which I managed to block the entire south of the realm. House Tyrell didn't do much moving, which wasn't much to the liking of House Lannister.

N - Not winning didn't bother me so. However, the fact we didn't get to bed until 4:30am did, especially since we were expected to show up at the birthdayparty on saturday afternoon in The Netherlands, a 180km north of my current position. Had a good weekend - spend it playing card- and boardgames.

Comment

O - Oh lovely! my mouse just died.. needs recharging.

P - Plus, I've got a miserable weather headache and gotta go make supper.

Comment

Q - Quite colder today as a cold front came through and it snowed a little last night.

R - Retiring my fave pastor is, so I went home to wish him well.

S - See him and his wife I will as they're just retiring, not moving from my hometown.

Comment

T - Totally not my fault my orange tiger, Faro, fell into the bathtub (yes, filled with water) yesterday. It was hilarious.

U - Ugh, time is going backwards again. So slow, too slow...

Comment

Very frustrated right now. Does anyone have an Xbox 360 and the game The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure? My boyfriend got it brand-new for Christmas, but there was no little booklet with the game, and we can't figure out how to play some of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

W - Weather here is still cold, but getting warmer. We had a little snow yesterday, but nothing to write home about.

Comment

X -- Xbox 360, I own.... and the old Xbox and the newest, the One. And I still play on all of them. Halo-fan, big Masterchief fan though peeved co-op was taken out of game 5.
                                Anyhoodle...

Y -- You might find some useful information here -- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure - Walkthrough. Or watch this youtube video instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X