No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D -- Doubts Yule will be white. Damn you, global warming.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

E - Every bit of snow we have is melting. I hope for a white Christmas, too. We'll see...

F - Father (my dad), always seemed to be a bah humbug this time of year. I miss him. he's in Heaven now.

G - Got a question for you, Anja. My great-grandfather came from Germany years ago, and I would like to find out where. Do you have any suggestions how to do that? I'd be greatly appreciative!
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

H - Have you tried ancestry.com or the Church of Latter-Day Saints: https://familysearch.org/ ?
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

I - I've tried Ancestry.com, but not the church yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

J - Just started getting tired, so off to bed now. Good night all!

Comment

K - knowledge about one's past can be a burden
            L - like to dig into it as well
            M - my ancestors are all from the Northsea coast
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

N - Not now, but later when I have more time I might dig into some family tree stuff. There's a story going round in my dad's family that we may have Italian ancestry somewhere... That's fascinating. Except I don't know anyone from my dad's side of the family past my grandparents. I'm more familiar with my mother's side of the family.

Comment

O - Over the years I researched my family history in addition to what my father passed along.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

P - plenty of stuff to search for
                  Q - questions never stop
                  R - right answers are difficult to find
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

S - So I was adopted, and don't know my birth parents at all. But as to my adopted parents, I don't know anything about my great-grandfather on my Dad's side. I know his name, and that he came from Germany. But that's about it.

T - Tried Ancestry.com, and didn't find anything.

U - Under a Winter Storm Watch for our area from Tues. afternoon to Wed night. Here we go again! *rolls eyes*

Comment

V - Very much miss the days when we got points for EVERY post in syffy's forums.
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

W - winter blues?
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

X - X-amount of posts is only counted in on-topic forums. Off-Topic isn't counted. Probably because by playing games you can rake up the points.

Comment

Y - Yet what is wrong with that?

Z - Zero points for certain forums is discouraging.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

A - And I agree with that totally, pscard!

B - Been digging out, but not from as much snow as they said we would get. Phew!

C - Christmas is coming. Has everyone been good? I've tried to be.

Comment

D - Da point being (yes, I cheated with the D) - most likely - is that a custom avatar cannot be obtained until around 2000 posts (or thereabouts) so to give everyone equal opportunity to be good little members, only chatter outside of Off-Topic is counted (although I think games are counted - not sure about that - but as far as I am concerned that's cheating).

E - Ever wanted to compose a music piece or pretend to do so? The google doodle of today (Europe only probably) is the celebration of Beethoven's birthday. They made a game in which you have to put his musicsheets back in order for his 5th symphony, Für Elise, the Moonlight Sonata and the 9th symphony (Ode To Joy). I can all hear them play in my head, but it's harder to put the sheets back in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X