No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F - Feeling not-so-good because I'm still coughing and have chest congestion.

G - Good news. My mom gets to go home tomorrow!

H - Have to take her home then will stay because we're going to the Milbank HS school Spring play. My niece is in it.

I - I'm looking forward to it. I was in one of my class plays myself. I was 'Alice the Apple Seller' in 'Annie' when we did it in Spring 1990.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

J - Just wanted to share this.

I watched Heaven is For Real and have to tell you how inspired I felt afterwards. I researched the young girl, Akiane Kramarik, who saw Jesus and then painted his picture. Here's an interview with Katy Couric:

Here's Akiane's website showing her artwork and poetry: https://www.akiane.com/store/
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

K - Kool! I watched that, and she's really good!

L - Looked at the pic of 'Jesus' she did, and I love it! I want one for myself.

M - Me? I wish I could do something like what she does. But my attemps are primitive at best. However, I do try.

Comment

N - Not very talented am I in art. I still do stick figures.

O - On the website it was mentioned that she is a child prodigy.

P - People are gifted in many ways, so it's a matter of looking deep within oneself to find it.

Q - Quite similarly is this scene from The Wizard of Oz:

R - Recall earlier in the movie that Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion each demonstrated the gifts they thought were lacking during their rescue of Dorothy.

S - Summarily, the gifts the Wizard gave them were physical metaphors of the qualities they already possessed: brains, a heart (love), and courage.

T - Take this to heart and look within yourself.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

U - Understand I do, pscard. Thanks!

V - Very much wanting to get dirty planting some flowers, but can't because it's still too early. So I bought a small pot, some Spring flowers, and potting soil, and I potted some alyssum flowers. The greenhouse said I could do that, and they'd fill out the pot eventually. So I got to get dirty, and the plants can go in or outside weather permitting.

W - Windy here today, but sunny and warm. Mid to upper 60's here in Watertown. But rain is forecast at 30% or so. I hope so, as we need it.

XYZ says guess what The President of the United States, President Obama, is coming to Watertown, SD! He's coming for the commencement of the Lake Area Technical School's graduation. He's the featured speaker. How cool is that! But in order to get in, you have to be a grad or know someone who is and also have an invitation to the ceremony. You also have to physically show the invitation to them at the door as well. But he's coming here none-the-less. Coolie!

Comment

A - As a student I should be paying attention in class right now, but I'm clearly not. But dear teacher, if you don't take the time to change the exercise since last time I had to solve it then be not so surprised I already know the answer to the problem before you've explained yourself.

B - But, nevertheless, I'm trying to solve it without looking at the solution too much. So, trying to be a good student after all.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

C - Congrats on trying at least.

D - Done watching NCIS: Los Angeles. It was good! Now on to the news and reruns of CSI: Miami. I LOVE that show!

E - Everyone here is really going to enjoy the nice, warm temps we'll be having. But we need some rain to get rid of the red flag warnings because of the dry conditions.

F - 'Fraid, I am, because I'm having trouble breathing. Even the simplest of tasks I get winded. So I plan to make an appointment with my primary doctor to get it checked out.

Comment

G - Guessing that maybe you need a breathalyzer, like Primatine, to clear out your lungs.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

H - Helped it did to see him. He checked my sinuses above my eyes, and it didn't hurt. However the ones below my eyes hurt. He also checked my throat and saw that it was inflamed, and said that the problem was I was still suffering from my illness from a few weeks ago. It hadn't gone away totally. So he put me on Levaquin(sp) and said that I should be feeling loads better in a few days.

I - I still have my moments, but I do feel better.

J - Just glad I went in.

K - Kool weather we don't have here. It was close to 75+ degrees here today, but tomorrow is supposed to be around 82 degrees here tomorrow. But in the next week we have good chances of rain. Sounds great! I love the smell of fresh rain!

Comment

L - Love crafting things, and right now I'm making some clothesline coasters.
                      The pins are there to hold the clothesline in place as the glue dries. Finished pics to follow. I got the idea from here...

http://www.marthastewart.com/272330/rope-coasters

Comment

My, you have many pins. It looks artsy-fartsy.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

N - Neat idea Martha Stewart had. This will be my third set.

O - Only trying to decide what color to paint them.

P - Plan to make 6 in all, plus the holder. When I first found the idea via MS's website, she didn't have a holder for them. So I created one myself. Will show that one when it's done as well.

Comment

Bump!!

Comment

Here's what the finished coasters and holder look like...

Comment

Q - Quite sadly, I got bronchitis from a bad cold. Time to take out the Slippery Elm Bark!

R - Really hope all is well with everyone.

S - Sorry for not posting for a while, but I've been busy and sometimes too tired at night to post.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X