The Gateworld Recipe Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    I usually use more meat than that, too. I basically copied the recipe card I use for it. I like making this recipe with sausage over chicken.
    I can use the Tyson Grilled 'n' Ready oven roasted diced cooked chicken breast that I can find in the freezer section of the supercenter....

Comment

and I can also used frozen chopped onion and I can also get frozen diced green bell peppers....so yeah no work hardly at all to make.....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        I'll probably cut it into 8 servings if I ever make it...thanks.....needed the number of servings so I could put this recipe into the WW recipe builder on my e-tools account....the recipe builder on e-tools is a tool where you can enter in the recipe and the number of servings and it will give you the points per serving...
        Yeah, to serve 8, the servings are smaller. It also makes a great potluck recipe.

I can use the Tyson Grilled 'n' Ready oven roasted diced cooked chicken breast that I can find in the freezer section of the supercenter....
        and I can also used frozen chopped onion and I can also get frozen diced green bell peppers....so yeah no work hardly at all to make.....
        I'm a fan of fresh veggies, but the pre-prepped stuff they have now really makes this an easy recipe to throw together on a lazy evening.

Comment

Uh. . .Just smoked sausage. Whether you like pork or beef. . . .And I saute it into the veggie mix.
          What I mean was "plain beef", or "plain pork", or seasoned style sausage.

Not really. I tone down the onion a lot because, where I live, they tend to be very strong. So, one green bell pepper, one red bell pepper, and about 1/2 an onion is what I make. It doesn't overpower the fettuccine at all.
          How "big" are these bell peppers?
          I mean, we call them capsicums out here and the average one is around 250g *each*, as are the onions, which gets you to 750g or around 1 1/2 pound in US parlance.
          Also, you are using an alfredo sauce and not using either Bacon or mushrooms is somewhat odd *to me*, but you are using far more cheese than I would as well.
          I will have to give it a go at some point, it sounds good
          *goes to edit recipe post*[/QUOTE]
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Awww MG, why use frozen junk?
            Is raw chicken expensive in the US?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              What I mean was "plain beef", or "plain pork", or seasoned style sausage.

How "big" are these bell peppers?
              I mean, we call them capsicums out here and the average one is around 250g *each*, as are the onions, which gets you to 750g or around 1 1/2 pound in US parlance.
              Also, you are using an alfredo sauce and not using either Bacon or mushrooms is somewhat odd *to me*, but you are using far more cheese than I would as well.
              I will have to give it a go at some point, it sounds good
              *goes to edit recipe post*
              Uh. . .Not very big. Maybe 1 pound for the onion (453g), and 1/4 to 1/2 pound for the bell peppers. The peppers out here don't get very big and they're somewhat expensive. I usually only use one per color.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Awww MG, why use frozen junk?
              Is raw chicken expensive in the US?
              Not where I'm from. I can get boneless, skinless chicken breasts and make two full meals for my family of three (and have enough left-overs for another two full meals) for around $7 US.

Comment

Uh. . .Not very big. Maybe 1 pound for the onion (453g), and 1/4 to 1/2 pound for the bell peppers. The peppers out here don't get very big and they're somewhat expensive. I usually only use one per color.
                "Bell peppers" price varies on colour, Green and yellow are around $6 per kilo and red are around $10, The onions are dependant on type as well. Me, I like the somewhat "softer" "Spanish onions" and they are around $4-5 per kilo.

Not where I'm from. I can get boneless, skinless chicken breasts and make two full meals for my family of three (and have enough left-overs for another two full meals) for around $7 US.
                $7 for around 2 1/2 pound?, thats pretty average for the same thing here.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, to serve 8, the servings are smaller. It also makes a great potluck recipe.

I'm a fan of fresh veggies, but the pre-prepped stuff they have now really makes this an easy recipe to throw together on a lazy evening.
                  actually my 2 local supermarkets have a selection of fresh pre-chopped veggies too but I prefer the freshly frozen stuff as I don't have to worry about the frozen stuff spoiling before I can use it all....

Comment

actually my 2 local supermarkets have a selection of fresh pre-chopped veggies too but I prefer the freshly frozen stuff as I don't have to worry about the frozen stuff spoiling before I can use it all....
                    Why not just use all the fresh stuff in one go MG?

I admit I generally have "frozen veggies", but thats purely because I seem to be the only one who eats them in my family
                    sigpic

Comment

and veggies are WW power foods so the more in a recipe the better for me....whole wheat pasta (and other whole grains) are generally considered powerfoods too....so I can use whole wheat fettuccine and that would be another powerfood along with the chicken

Comment

and veggies are WW power foods so the more in a recipe the better for me....whole wheat pasta (and other whole grains) are generally considered powerfoods too....so I can use whole wheat fettuccine and that would be another powerfood along with the chicken
                        So you are on a weight loss mission?
                        If you still live at home, do you just cook your own meals?
                        sigpic

Comment

ok LG.....if I cut your recipe into 8 servings.....according to the WW online recipe builder tool your recipe would be 8 points per serving....not bad....

this calculation though is presuming that you're using a 1 lb. jar of alfredo sauce (the jars of it I see commonly do not come any bigger than that) and so for the recipe I put that I'd be using Ragu brand light parmesan alfredo sauce....

if you're using a bigger jar of alfredo sauce than 1 lb. though that could throw off the calculations....

Comment

ok LG.....if I cut your recipe into 8 servings.....according to the WW online recipe builder tool your recipe would be 8 points per serving....not bad....

this calculation though is presuming that you're using a 1 lb. jar of alfredo sauce (the jars of it I see commonly do not come any bigger than that) and so for the recipe I put that I'd be using Ragu brand light parmesan alfredo sauce....

if you're using a bigger jar of alfredo sauce than 1 lb. though that could throw off the calculations....
                            Yep, about a 1lb jar. That's all we have, here. And I use Ragu, as well.

That's not bad for the main meal of the day, either! Point-wise, that is.

Comment

I'll also be using whole wheat pasta (might have to use whole wheat linguine if I can't find whole wheat fettuccine) and reduced fat mozzarella (not fat free, definitely not....the one time a long time ago we tried to make a baked pasta dish with melted cheese on top and used the fat free stuff it burned rather than melted....)

Comment

and that's how I lighten up a meal....

Pellicano's brand pasta/marinara sauces (made right here in Buffalo....) has a dandelion sauce (regular pasta sauce with some dandelion greens) that might be interesting in this dish

Comment

Working...
                                X