This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking Back, Of Youth and its Disorder

So yeah, I finally came back to GW. Mostly because I had a project that required research and discussion. Was wondering, knowing that every post under the sun is saved here, lol, anyone else remember the days when they were less than polite as they are now? People change, have you changed dramatically from the days when you first joined GW? I don't mind this, I may get flack for it, but check out my childish drivel in my posting history, way back in 2006.

So yeah, just reminiscing, any one still around from the original argument?
    sigpic
    She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Most of my childish dribble has been mercifully deleted by the mods.
    sigpic

Comment

I wish I had cared more about the fact that my username was redundant.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
        I wish I had cared more about the fact that my username was redundant.
        Why? What's wrong with redundancy?
        Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Alterans View Post
          So yeah, just reminiscing, any one still around from the original argument?
          Another survivor! ..I mean.. *in flat, monotone voice* We have to be very careful... Don't show any emotion, there aren't many of us left.. The Pod People have taken over Gateworld.. Don't fall asleep, that's when they get you..

We'll be in touch..

Good luck.

*swishes cape and runs out of the thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Another survivor! ..I mean.. *in flat, monotone voice* We have to be very careful... Don't show any emotion, there aren't many of us left.. The Pod People have taken over Gateworld.. Don't fall asleep, that's when they get you..

We'll be in touch..

Good luck.

*swishes cape and runs out of the thread*
            Ummm...

WingedPegasus, your name just lets us know you still have your wings? Change your name to UnwingedPegasus.
            sigpic

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

Ummm...

WingedPegasus, your name just lets us know you still have your wings? Change your name to UnwingedPegasus.
              But then she wouldn't be a pegasus anymore. She'd just be a horse.
              Meh...

Comment

Well now there, it would be a horse with little nubs on the shoulders. Nubletts.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                  Why? What's wrong with redundancy?
                  It's inefficient. ._.

Ummm...

Well, a Pegasus is a "winged horse". So saying that I'm a WingedPegasus means I'm a WingedWingedHorse.

It also means that "Pegasus" and various permutations thereof were already taken when I joined GW.

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                  But then she wouldn't be a pegasus anymore. She'd just be a horse.
                  Indeed.....

Well now there, it would be a horse with little nubs on the shoulders. Nubletts.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Redundancy can be helpful. If your wings fail you might have another pair or something. Or maybe your wings have wings?
                    sigpic

Comment

I was 16 when I joined GW...Brand new to forums, but not brand new to fandom (I'd been lurking in Trek fandom for years already), and I was an idiot. A complete total idiot who thought she was smart, lol.

I'm still a complete idiot, but now I know that don't know everything!

When I first joined, I was at high school...I've now long since finished with uni and been through a ton of not-so-good stuff in the interim. No I'm an unemployed graduate with health issues...joy!

So now I'm 24 and my life has changed heaps.

Still love Stargate though
                      Last edited by sueKay; 20 July 2012, 10:46 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        I was 16 when I joined GW...Brand new to forums, but not brand new for fandom (I'd been lurking in Trek fandom for years already), and I was an idiot. A complete total idiot who thought she was smart, lol.

I'm still a complete idiot, but now I know that don't know everything!

When I first joined, I was at high school...I've now long since finished with uni and been through a ton of not-so-good stuff in the interim. No I'm an unemployed graduate with health issues...joy!

So now I'm 24 and my life has changed heaps.

Still love Stargate though
                        Sorry to hear about the problems. I too am 24 with health issues, < _<
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, and sorry to hear about your health problems...Sometimes life sucks doesn't it?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            Thank you, and sorry to hear about your health problems...Sometimes life sucks doesn't it?
                            Yes. Those older than us always sniff when we say we are getting old. But we do feel it, creeping up on us.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes. Those older than us always sniff when we say we are getting old. But we do feel it, creeping up on us.
                              Oh definitely! I sometimes feel daft saying that at 24, but after 21 or 22 there's a definite difference...my metabolism for one, lol

And I've already got all these aches and pains I never used to get
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X