This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Simons cat and cats in general appreciation thread

This thread is for fans of the popular "Simons cat" videos to talk about those vids and books, which one is your favorite, why you like them, how you got into Simons cat, any upcoming videos or books, and how well Simons cat compares to cats in general or your own feline companions or friends pet cats. Feline behavior in general may also be discussed, such as why in the world my cats back legs kick when he drinks water. I do not know.....

I love the Simons cat videos because they are obviously made by a cat owner and capture the...essence? Of cats.

A good beginner Simons cat video for those not familiar with them>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
    Last edited by Gormagon; 28 May 2012, 01:17 PM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Can't remember why, but I do remember which Simon's Cat video I watched first and from that moment on I was hooked:

Let Me In @ the official Simon's Cat website

I own two books, a T-shirt and two calenders. I started with the calendar last year, couldn't resist this year either.

I'm a fan and a cat owner who recognizes every situation from our own two cats.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love those little vids! They always make me smile.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This is probably my favourite Simon's cat vid - The Box. It's so close to what my little cat does it's scary!!!
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
          This thread is more fans of the popular "Simons cat" videos to talk about those vids and books, which one is your favorite, why you like them, how you got into Simons cat, any upcoming videos or books, and how well Simons cat compares to cats in general or your own feline companions or friends pet cats. Feline behavior in general may also be discussed, such as why in the world my cats back legs kick when he drinks water. I do not know.....

I love the Simons cat videos because they are obviously made by a cat owner and capture the...essence? Of cats.

A good beginner Simons cat video for those not familiar with them>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
          I love Simons Cat, that guy is spot on, Cat Man Do is my personal favorite, my own cats have come close to whacking me with a baseball bat to wake me up {instead they pounce o n me and smack my face as if playing bongos} Let Me In was also cute! Simons Cat uploaded a new vid to youtube recently however I think.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            This is probably my favourite Simon's cat vid - The Box. It's so close to what my little cat does it's scary!!!
            My aunt's cat is about the same as in Simon's Cat in The Box. Spot on!

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            I love Simons Cat, that guy is spot on, Cat Man Do is my personal favorite, my own cats have come close to whacking me with a baseball bat to wake me up {instead they pounce o n me and smack my face as if playing bongos} Let Me In was also cute! Simons Cat uploaded a new vid to youtube recently however I think.

One of ours tends to stick his head right in front of your face when you're sleep, and then he'll tap your nose to wake you up. So when you do open your eyes, the first thing you'll see is his hairy face. And if you're damn unlucky he'll sneeze right that very second.

The newest Simon's Cat is called Tongue Tied.

Comment

Sometimes my cat sneaks out the window to the balcony but since it's too high she can't get back in. Then, every time I walk past the balcony door she'll jump up at its glass panel with her paws to get my attention just like Simon's Cat does. Fortunately she doesn't go to quite his extremes!

She can also be as stupid as Simon's Cat when there is a piece of tape or something stuck to her paw/tail/fur.

The Christmas Claws is very familiar too; one of the cats we had when I was a kid would always climb the darn thing (and the dog would eat the chocolates from the lower branches and the one the cat managed to drop from the tree) and knock out some of the decorations. It's one of the reasons we switched to a fake tree, one the cat couldn't climb.

Double Trouble (IIRC, the ones with the kitten) are very familiar as well.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My aunt decorates her fake tree with fake balls where the cat can get to them, up higher she'll use the real deal.

Comment

I use a fake tree myself, its a plain old evergreen color pine tree type of fake tree from Frankenmouthe Michigan USA at Bronners, no lights, nothing, So we put some shiny ribbon {Viper and Shadow LOVE the shiny white ribbons, the resy either like the shiny red or shiny pink ribbons save for my pirate kitty who just snoozes in the bathroom sink with a steady drip of water on him.}

Thankfully only Viper goes outside and mostly to use the bathroom. My yard is fully fenced, I'm trying ot get her used to using the toilet litter box to train her like I did with all the others to use the toilet, Only Shadow and AR! figured out how to actually FLUSH the thing

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Simon's Cat is so cool! And yes, I have cats...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                    X