X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Anyone old enough to remember boom boxes, not the pissy tiny things you get now but proper REAL boom boxes with big speakers, and some of them with detachable speakers.

Anyway yeah howcome they died out and became the pissy things we have now?
      Holy huge Batman. No wonder older folks got back problems, they had to lug those things around. Thank goodness people did not have to haul these around.> http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Juke+...9,r:2,s:0,i:75

It kind of reminds me how TOS Star Trek coms are bigger then cellphones.
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 27 April 2012, 01:27 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
      sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I can remember those
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Or let them have it and watch them get tired as they run away.

Officer: "So, you were mugged? What did they get?"
          Me: "My boom box."
          Officer: "Ok, which way did they go?"
          Me: "They're passed out at the end of the road. Exhaustion officer."
          Nah. You would just hit the person that tried to mug you with the boom box,and unlike a ipod or whatever the Boom Box wouldn' break.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

hey they could only just get it on their shoulder, i dont think lifting it above their head would be possible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              hey they could only just get it on their shoulder, i dont think lifting it above their head would be possible
              Oh?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

cardboard or they used wirework
                sigpic

Comment

Desperate much....^^

Look at me I am real old school yo! Grr...mhmmfff.....*Carrying a Juke box on his back.*grrrhhhhmmmf.........it hurts......gah.....
                  sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

To be fair, a lot of them really weren't horribly heavy...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well then you just drop it on their foot.
                      And then kick them in the shins while they are hopping around screaming about their toes popping off.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

i had one and the batteries made it heavier, i never put it on my shoulders tho, that was waaayyyy to naff, but i did get fed up of carrying the tapes around in a little shoulder bag
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Well then you just drop it on their foot.
                          And then kick them in the shins while they are hopping around screaming about their toes popping off.
                          and if you are very lucky the appropriate music would be playing while they hopped about Lets All Do The Hop, maybe
                          sigpic

Comment

i had one and the batteries made it heavier, i never put it on my shoulders tho, that was waaayyyy to naff, but i did get fed up of carrying the tapes around in a little shoulder bag
                            Kids today sheeesh. Way to easy for you little rugmuffins. (slips into cranky old coot mode)Ehhh Back in My day...http://facecoot.com/sitebuilderconte...es/oldcoot.jpg

and if you are very lucky the appropriate music would be playing while they hopped about Lets All Do The Hop, maybe
                            Head Banging to break toes by music.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 April 2012, 12:43 AM.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone here remember these growing up?
                              nope, as far as I know they always stayed the same size

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                                Holy huge Batman. No wonder older folks got back problems, they had to lug those things around. Thank goodness people did not have to haul these around.> http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Juke+...9,r:2,s:0,i:75

It kind of reminds me how TOS Star Trek coms are bigger then cellphones.
                                That's a fancy looking fridge you've got there..

Comment

Working...
                                X