Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Oh dear.

I was at a Stargate con in London back in 2006, and our tickets had a barcode on them that you swiped every time you went in or out of the building.

Needless to say, it hardly worked in the way it was intended to.
    Not happy with Phoenix Fan Fusion wristbands

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      or neighbors being picked up by someone and their ride beeping their horn for them to come out instead of...you know...getting their lazy backsides out of the car, walking up the the door, and either knocking on it or better still, ringing this nifty little device called a doorbell
      I hear tell of an invention called a - 'cell you la telly phony'. Why not use that? (jes kiddn' )
      Last edited by pscard; 07 May 2019, 08:57 AM.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
        Not happy with Phoenix Fan Fusion wristbands

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42904[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42905[/ATTACH]
        I'm all for technology streamlining the convention entry process, but on the other hand sometimes the old ways are better.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I'm all for technology streamlining the convention entry process, but on the other hand sometimes the old ways are better.
          Could be worse. They could force people to have bar code tattoos.
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

I used to work with a girl who had the barcode for her favourite beer tattooed on the back of her neck.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Interviews.
              Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                Interviews.
                Needing to go on interviews in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Needing to go on interviews in the first place.
                  Agreed. Especially when you have way more qualifications than what they’re asking.
                  Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

People who drive 15 miles BELOW the limit; I have as working speed sensor now, I got it repaired, so now I know how fast the idiot in front of me slowing down all traffic is really going. 40 in a 55 zone SPEED UP BUDDY!

But he wont speed up, so rather then me getting honked at I try to get as far to the side as I can so the people backing up behind me can see that I'm not the reason for the backup in traffic

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      People who drive 15 miles BELOW the limit; I have as working speed sensor now, I got it repaired, so now I know how fast the idiot in front of me slowing down all traffic is really going. 40 in a 55 zone SPEED UP BUDDY!

But he wont speed up, so rather then me getting honked at I try to get as far to the side as I can so the people backing up behind me can see that I'm not the reason for the backup in traffic
                      This is actually a serious problem, very often the cause of road rage.

What they ought to do is require that drivers pull over and allow faster traffic to pass them upon request with flashing the headlights being the signal.

Comment

This is actually a serious problem, very often the cause of road rage.

What they ought to do is require that drivers pull over and allow faster traffic to pass them upon request with flashing the headlights being the signal.
                        or just get the US version of the Autobahn built already

it is said the one in Germany has 3 lanes...fast...faster...and "there's a Kraken behind me!"

Comment

My own clumsiness.

Last night, I phoned in an order to the local fish and chip shop, and in my haste to open the front door to the delivery guy when he showed up, I somehow walloped my head off it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            or just get the US version of the Autobahn built already

it is said the one in Germany has 3 lanes...fast...faster...and "there's a Kraken behind me!"
                            They built that 50 years ago.. It's called the Interstate Highway System.

It's not a matter of the roadway, it's the skill of the people using. Or driver training system sucks. Basically, if you have a pulse, you qualify.

They'll never fix it though.. You see, the bureaucrats who write the regulations couldn't pass a real driving skills test to save their arse.

Comment

They built that 50 years ago.. It's called the Interstate Highway System.

It's not a matter of the roadway, it's the skill of the people using. Or driver training system sucks. Basically, if you have a pulse, you qualify.
                              *honks at Annoyed* Move it!

Nothing annoys me more than slime drivers going under the limit in the fast lane. How they not realize they shouldn't be there after 6 cars passing them from the right is beyond me.

I got to say though, I've never seen crazier drivers than the taxis I took in Manhattan when I visited NYC. It is chaos. Pure Chaos. Our cab driver was swerving left and right, passing people over while taking a right turn and texting all the while.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                *honks at Annoyed* Move it!

Nothing annoys me more than slime drivers going under the limit in the fast lane. How they not realize they shouldn't be there after 6 cars passing them from the right is beyond me.

I got to say though, I've never seen crazier drivers than the taxis I took in Manhattan when I visited NYC. It is chaos. Pure Chaos. Our cab driver was swerving left and right, passing people over while taking a right turn and texting all the while.
                                *chucks an empty pop bottle out the window and laughs as it shatters on the tailgating lizard's windshield*

Comment

Working...
                                X