Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    MEMO: NEVER anger a writer, never become their enemy; because they have tools they can use for revenge.

I will not detail it, I will simply say I am rather unhappy right now
    *air drops pepsi and porgs*

Comment

My own dear mother is a continual pet peeve of mine.

I love her dearly, but by God she gets on my nerves something terrible.

She'll be 90 in September, widowed these past six years, had a minor stroke two years ago, has mobility problems, is very hard of hearing (I sometimes have to tell her things four or five times before she gets what I'm telling her), and as such needs a fair amount of looking after.

It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't talk down to me as if I were still in short trousers - I'll be 49 in July for heavens sake!

At this rate, she'll be going to my funeral because I've died of a stress related heart attack.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        My own dear mother is a continual pet peeve of mine.

I love her dearly, but by God she gets on my nerves something terrible.

She'll be 90 in September, widowed these past six years, had a minor stroke two years ago, has mobility problems, is very hard of hearing (I sometimes have to tell her things four or five times before she gets what I'm telling her), and as such needs a fair amount of looking after.

It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't talk down to me as if I were still in short trousers - I'll be 49 in July for heavens sake!

At this rate, she'll be going to my funeral because I've died of a stress related heart attack.
        This amuses me greatly. Feels like you are describing my mother (thought she passed away three weeks ago, at age 63).
        She had a knack for getting under my skin and driving me completely insane.

I think yours and mine could have gotten on great.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          This amuses me greatly. Feels like you are describing my mother (thought she passed away three weeks ago, at age 63).

My condolences for your loss. My mother passed about 7 years ago.

I don't care how old you are, parents never forget where your buttons are.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Sorry for your loss
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              I don't care how old you are, parents never forget where your buttons are.
              I think it's in the handbook of parenting.

Comment

If we are talking about family, my grandmother can drive me nuts. She is always unhappy about something
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  If we are talking about family, my grandmother can drive me nuts. She is always unhappy about something
                  Some people are like that I guess, seems like elderly people a bit more.

Or perhaps... *Dramatic dum dum dummm* she's related to Annoyed?
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That would mean im related to Annoyed.

Im sending him to a home
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I have my own, thank you. And not a lick of bacon in the place.

Comment

You could use some of that tinfoil of yours, wrap the bacon in it, and cook (gently) for a few minutes.

Open your horizons.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I'll give you a wee example of my mum in Dotty Little Old Lady Mode.

Now, she's very hard of hearing these days, so I generally have to repeat myself a couple of times before whatever I'm telling her sinks in.

On Sunday morning just passed, our central heating boiler decided to pack up. So I got an engineer out to come and have a look at what was wrong.

He gave it a once over, got his tools etc. from his van, got set up.
                          Then he asked to use our bathroom.

Mum: "Where's he gone?"
                          Me: "He's in the bathroom mum."
                          [Repeat above twice]
                          Mum: "What's he doing in the bathroom?"
                          Me: [Making zipping motions in front of my trousers] "What do you think he's doing?!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Me: [Making zipping motions in front of my trousers] "What do you think he's doing?!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!

This reminds me of some comedy in the like of Freddy got Fingered.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

You are a danger to yourself and others. You need to go to the nursing home to be drugged up and look out the window
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

He gave it a once over, got his tools etc. from his van, got set up.
                                Then he asked to use our bathroom.

Mum: "Where's he gone?"
                                Me: "He's in the bathroom mum."
                                [Repeat above twice]
                                Mum: "What's he doing in the bathroom?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!

With regards to hearing aids... this is more an amusing thing than a peeve, but my grandfather will sit there while I'm telling him something and then when I ask him what he thinks about it, you see him turn on his hearing aid to continue with wondering what I needed just now.

Comment

Working...
                                X