Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of itchy.

Yay for eczema.... Itchy legs and when one goes to sleep that's when they decide to get itchy so you lie there in bed trying not to scratch and not sleeping. Also hip hip hooray for sciatica. It's tough getting old haha.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Speaking of itchy.

Yay for eczema.... Itchy legs and when one goes to sleep that's when they decide to get itchy so you lie there in bed trying not to scratch and not sleeping. Also hip hip hooray for sciatica. It's tough getting old haha.
      Yep. The longer you live, the longer the list of aches and pains.

Comment

Small children with runny noses and that weird wet sounding cough, like they're about to bring up a lung or something.

You can just imagine the headlines "Global Pandemic! Patient Zero identified as toddler with flu!"
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

For drivers:

Arsehats that match your speed on the highway when you're trying to take em over. They were doing 100km/h and now suddenly they're at 120 until you pass them, then they slow down to 100 again.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I've several pet peeves regarding cinemas.

Having to factor in an extra twenty to twenty five minutes to the running time of a film to account for the ads and trailers.

People showing up half way through the ads and trailers, and who make a big deal out of finding their seats.

The mad scramble for the exits as soon as the end credits start to roll (unless it's a Marvel film). A lot of people work damned hard to make films these days, show some respect.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Some years ago, I had a pickup truck with a bed rack on it, and I had rear-facing bright lights to facilitate trailer connecting and other activities behind the truck at night.

It was a really nice way to deal with those folks.
              Were you the guy driving the pickup in front of me in the left lane on Interstate 4 a few years ago? LOL
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I've several pet peeves regarding cinemas.

Having to factor in an extra twenty to twenty five minutes to the running time of a film to account for the ads and trailers.

People showing up half way through the ads and trailers, and who make a big deal out of finding their seats.

The mad scramble for the exits as soon as the end credits start to roll (unless it's a Marvel film). A lot of people work damned hard to make films these days, show some respect.
                You mean people do not stick around for the after credits scene? For shame.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And another pet peeve for cinemas.

People (usually couples) who take ages choosing what drinks and snacks they want.

It's called Fast Food for a reason!
                  sigpic

Comment

And another pet peeve for cinemas.

People (usually couples) who take ages choosing what drinks and snacks they want.

It's called Fast Food for a reason!
                    I can't speak for your area, but there is no such thing as fast food.

The owners of these places tend to locate their restaurants in heavy traffic shopping areas. The Burger Kings, Taco Bells, and all the rest in this area are all located in such places, and it takes 10 - 15 minutes to get to their drive through and wait in line before you can place your order.

That's not fast food.

Comment

When I was a kid, back in the pre-multiplex 1970s, going to the cinema was an experience.

Now it's getting to be a chore.
                      sigpic

Comment

When I was a kid, back in the pre-multiplex 1970s, going to the cinema was an experience.

Who are you kidding. Going out of the house for any reason is getting to be a chore.

Comment

Oh, Falcon Horus, I could tell you stories about working for Amazon that would make you hair turn grey...

For a multi-national company that makes billions of dollars, they're notoriously tightfisted when it comes to buying in equipment and supplies.

If for example, they ran out of cable ties, rather than just buying more stock, they'd phone/email around other Amazon warehouses and see if they could spare any and have them sent over.
                          Perhaps, you shouldn't...

I go to bed at night, I get all comfy and cozy, I'm just on the verge of drifting off to sleep, when... Something starts itching.
                          I thought this was going to end with your bladder going, "HELLO, remember me! I'm full!"

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          For drivers:
                          Arsehats that match your speed on the highway when you're trying to take em over. They were doing 100km/h and now suddenly they're at 120 until you pass them, then they slow down to 100 again.
                          Word.

Or start driving way faster so you can't overtake them, and then slow to a crawl when you go back behind them.
                          I do tend to return the favor when I see them speeding up behind me cause they've suddenly found their gears again. Two can play that game.

And bloody expensive.... hence why I haven't been for ages.

Also, the seats are horrible to sit in.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Putting something away in a safe place, and being unable to remember where the hell you put the damn thing when you actually need it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

They got new rooms with supercomfortable seats (so much so I almost fall asleep every time) and they allow booze in the theater now. I can finally get drunk by myself in the dark, among strangers, which is nice.

It's the new trend! It hasn't reached you guys yet?
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                They got new rooms with supercomfortable seats (so much so I almost fall asleep every time) and they allow booze in the theater now. I can finally get drunk by myself in the dark, among strangers, which is nice.

It's the new trend! It hasn't reached you guys yet?
                                And for a really cheery thought... exactly what has been spilled in those seats before you sat down?

I rarely go to the theater, I have better picture & sound in my living room anyway, but when I do, I bring a trash bag to place in the seat before I sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X