Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    My current pet peeve is the fact that an elderly couple on my street is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. That's not the peeve though. Congratulation to them. The peeve is that their children and other relatives of theirs were evidently so kind as to have a sign erected on their front lawn inviting passing motorists to honk in celebration of this happy occasion. So I've been listening to passing cars all day taking them up on said invitation to honk. And I just so happen to live on a busy street.
    It was just one day, and they won't celebrate it again. But maybe in 50 years...
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

That is what I told the the cops when they arrested me for stealing that school mascot during high school
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
        It was just one day, and they won't celebrate it again. But maybe in 50 years...
        actually they left it up for a few days though I think they must've taken it down as I haen't heard nearly as much honking on my street as I did when it was up

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          Happens with senior citizen drivers a lot as their eyesight begins to deteriorate. Can't see as far as they used to so they drive slower to compensate.
          I don't mind getting stuck behind old folk, you could say that goes with the territory.
          The young lady I got stuck behind doing 25 in a 60, was at a guess mid 30's in age.

Another thing that annoys me is people with satnavs, I saw this one Saturday night driving with her head cocked to one side, when we got alongside we saw that this was so she could see where she was driving because slap bang in the middle of her screen (at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel) was her satnav.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            I don't mind getting stuck behind old folk, you could say that goes with the territory.
            The young lady I got stuck behind doing 25 in a 60, was at a guess mid 30's in age.

Another thing that annoys me is people with satnavs, I saw this one Saturday night driving with her head cocked to one side, when we got alongside we saw that this was so she could see where she was driving because slap bang in the middle of her screen (at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel) was her satnav.

Happens here too and very annoying.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves right now is here in South Dakota Mother Nature still thinks it's Winter. We're supposed to be in Spring and not having blizzards right now. Sheesh! Grrrrrrrrr!
              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                One of my biggest pet peeves right now is here in South Dakota Mother Nature still thinks it's Winter. We're supposed to be in Spring and not having blizzards right now. Sheesh! Grrrrrrrrr!
                been no picnic for us either in the Buffalo area what with all this schizophrenic weather.....first we got a little rain, then an inch of sleet (if you wanted a snow cone all you would've needed to do was scoop up some sleet off the ground with a cone cup and put flavoring syrup on it ), then more rain, then squalls of wet snow....all from the same system

Comment

Makes you wish we had weather control.

Comment

Yeah, winter is hanging on far too long in this neck of the woods too. Might get an inch or two of snow tonight.

Comment

and in Europe it's the opposite: it's still supposed to be spring - but it's summer instead

(even back in january - you know when it's theoretically winter - temperatures spiked above 60°F so much so that mosquitos made a brief return)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        and in Europe it's the opposite: it's still supposed to be spring - but it's summer instead

(even back in january - you know when it's theoretically winter - temperatures spiked above 60°F so much so that mosquitos made a brief return)
                        See? Global warming is a Yurp issue, not a US issue.

Comment

We're past the middle of April here in Australia and still having unseasonably warm days. It's bizarre. I look forward to April and cool days.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            See? Global warming is a Yurp issue, not a US issue.
                            ah but a good thing about climate & the atmosphere is, they don't know borders

btw americans don't have just have the normal cockroaches you have the big ones too right? in the south at least - you call them palmetto bugs & they're almost as tough to kill as the small ones
                            they thrive in warm climates cause they're even more sensitive to the cold (when it's hot enough they can even fly) and now with climate getting warmer they've been slowing crawling up north & even reaching NY: enjoy dealing with them knowing the oil indu$try's (indirectly) responsible for their proliferation

Comment

we're just luring them into a false sense of security...lure them up north with milder than usual weather (when we have milder than usual weather that is) then trap them with a hard and rapid freeze up

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                ah but a good thing about climate & the atmosphere is, they don't know borders

btw americans don't have just have the normal cockroaches you have the big ones too right? in the south at least - you call them palmetto bugs & they're almost as tough to kill as the small ones
                                they thrive in warm climates cause they're even more sensitive to the cold (when it's hot enough they can even fly) and now with climate getting warmer they've been slowing crawling up north & even reaching NY: enjoy dealing with them knowing the oil indu$try's (indirectly) responsible for their proliferation
                                My comment was in jest. But if you want to take it serious, we can do that, too.

What else is the oil industry responsible for? Energy to power our economy, many pharmaceuticals, a great deal of our packaging, numerous products made of plastics.. the list goes on.

And you can't even prove that the oil industry is responsible for climate changes. There have been many warming and cooling periods in Earth's history well before mankind arrived on the scene. The enviro crowd can't even make up their own mind which way it's going. First its cooling, then it's warming.. now they're just saying "change" and blaming it on a target that is easy to convince the common man to hate. No one likes paying for heat or cooling for their home, or other energy use.

That whole pile stinks to high heaven of something I'd rather not step in.

Comment

Working...
                                X