Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Home made explosive device. A bomb is simply rapid combustion in a contained space. I won't post an exact recipe, but there are many commonly available materials suitable for such uses. Properly placed, such a device could easily cause the death of hundreds.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see what these black helicopters want..
    LOL you've got them hovering over your place too?

I thought you might choose a big lorry tbh, could do far more damage with one of those as you could a gun or bomb.

Comment

Pet peeve - shopping consumer/customer being taken advantage of... and I've operated many cashier registers, so I know what an overring is vs. money due back to customer vs. item(s) PAID in FULL.
      (so..as cashier, I also know what it means for the customer to take wrong advantage of the cashier, too..!)
      This situation was the cashier either took advantage of the customer (me) or she didn't know how to add and credit product amounts properly!

Incident that occurred -- Getting charged $1.00 "to pay" for returning a "return deposit", which should be money being returned to (me) the customer (worth a big USA $1.00...works sort of like a coupon)!!! and stupid me didn't realize it until after I got home. On top of that, the ditzy cashier girl ALSO charged me (and I paid for, as well) a new bottle of milk that I never even bought! Hello cashier -- the bottle I returned was cleaned and EMPTY.. duh.

And duh to me for not being more observant at the time this happened, because dummy me *trusted* that the cashier knew how to deduct $1.00 off the bill, since she's the person who said I had to buy something (anything?) in order for her to provide the credit amount I was expecting back. I figured okay, no problem there since I was buying some food items, regardless of the deposit due back to me. However, I didn't look at the receipt until AFTER I got home.

Jeeze.. maybe we need to keep our previous receipt and bring that with us next time to show that item being returned was already previously PAID for in FULL, as well. Never ever had that problem with bringing (used) empty cola bottles being returned for "return deposit" and we only got a nickel per bottle back in those days.

Moral of the story, never buy products or expect credit back when you are in a hurry, because of a busy "to do" list schedule. ALWAYS double check what is being charged or credited, *as* it is being done.
      Last edited by SGalisa; 04 April 2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        Pet peeve - shopping consumer/customer being taken advantage of... and I've operated many cashier registers, so I know what an overring is vs. money due back to customer vs. item(s) PAID in FULL.
        (so..as cashier, I also know what it means for the customer to take wrong advantage of the cashier, too..!)
        This situation was the cashier either took advantage of the customer (me) or she didn't know how to add and credit product amounts properly!

Incident that occurred -- Getting charged $1.00 "to pay" for returning a "return deposit", which should be money being returned to (me) the customer (worth a big USA $1.00...works sort of like a coupon)!!! and stupid me didn't realize it until after I got home. On top of that, the ditzy cashier girl ALSO charged me (and I paid for, as well) a new bottle of milk that I never even bought! Hello cashier -- the bottle I returned was cleaned and EMPTY.. duh.

And duh to me for not being more observant at the time this happened, because dummy me *trusted* that the cashier knew how to deduct $1.00 off the bill, since she's the person who said I had to buy something (anything?) in order for her to provide the credit amount I was expecting back. I figured okay, no problem there since I was buying some food items, regardless of the deposit due back to me. However, I didn't look at the receipt until AFTER I got home.

Jeeze.. maybe we need to keep our previous receipt and bring that with us next time to show that item being returned was already previously PAID for in FULL, as well. Never ever had that problem with bringing (used) empty cola bottles being returned for "return deposit" and we only got a nickel per bottle back in those days.

Moral of the story, never buy products or expect credit back when you are in a hurry, because of a busy "to do" list schedule. ALWAYS double check what is being charged or credited, *as* it is being done.
        At the store I work at (a Whole Foods store) I think we usually handle any sort of canned or bottle returns at the booth and just give the customer cash at the booth for the returns. And we only do the ones we sell and we have none of the bottle return machines you see at other stores.

Comment

Eh? What's this whole foods? Is there such a thing as partial food

Long checkout lines annoy me and then you get someone paying for everything almost with a literal bag of coins. Ugh not bad if you are not in any kind of hurry to be somewhere. But yeah ugh!!!
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            At the store I work at (a Whole Foods store) I think we usually handle any sort of canned or bottle returns at the booth and just give the customer cash at the booth for the returns. And we only do the ones we sell and we have none of the bottle return machines you see at other stores.
            Don't know about other states, but NYS has a nice little return scam going.. You pay sales tax on your 5 cent bottle deposit, but you don't get that sales tax refunded when you return the empties.

Comment

Don't know about other states, but NYS has a nice little return scam going.. You pay sales tax on your 5 cent bottle deposit, but you don't get that sales tax refunded when you return the empties.
              hmmm....I could swear it was marked as a non-tax item on the receipt but I'd have to check it again

Comment

hmmm....I could swear it was marked as a non-tax item on the receipt but I'd have to check it again
                I bought some soda pop today (2 bottles of it from Dollar Tree). And I checked my receipt and sure enough the soda pop itself is listed with a "T" indicating items subject to sales tax but the 5-cent deposit for each bottle was listed with an "N" indicating items NOT subject to sales tax, and so I only paid 18 cents in sales tax on the 2 $1 bottles of soda pop totaling $2, not on the whole $2.10 which is what would've happened had the bottle deposits been listed with a "T" rather than an "N"

I used to work these cash registers at Dollar Tree back in the mid-2000's, and this was long after everyone else had been accepting credit/debit at POS as a form of payment, but Dollar Tree at that time was one of the few holdouts still accepting only cash or check and I think by the time I quit we were only just starting to take them but only Discover. They've since upgraded to taking I think pretty much everyone's credit/debit cards.

Anyhow, I learned what "T" and "N" meant. Incidentally we also sometimes had "X" which is the code representing a line item normally subject to sales tax but was exempted. Usually this was for tax-exempt purchases made by people buying supplies for some non-profit entity. Some other stores use "F" instead of "N" for the non-taxed food, medicine, and bottle deposits, etc.

Comment

City drivers.

Urgh, if you can't handle driving at 70mph on a motorway or 60 on a straight country road, use an Uber, don't drive along at 20mph in a 60mph ruining the day for everybody else because that's the speed your daily commute is conducted at in the City, out in the sticks if the limit is 60mph, we drive at 60mph.

Comment

I bought some soda pop today (2 bottles of it from Dollar Tree). And I checked my receipt and sure enough the soda pop itself is listed with a "T" indicating items subject to sales tax but the 5-cent deposit for each bottle was listed with an "N" indicating items NOT subject to sales tax, and so I only paid 18 cents in sales tax on the 2 $1 bottles of soda pop totaling $2, not on the whole $2.10 which is what would've happened had the bottle deposits been listed with a "T" rather than an "N"

I used to work these cash registers at Dollar Tree back in the mid-2000's, and this was long after everyone else had been accepting credit/debit at POS as a form of payment, but Dollar Tree at that time was one of the few holdouts still accepting only cash or check and I think by the time I quit we were only just starting to take them but only Discover. They've since upgraded to taking I think pretty much everyone's credit/debit cards.

Anyhow, I learned what "T" and "N" meant. Incidentally we also sometimes had "X" which is the code representing a line item normally subject to sales tax but was exempted. Usually this was for tax-exempt purchases made by people buying supplies for some non-profit entity. Some other stores use "F" instead of "N" for the non-taxed food, medicine, and bottle deposits, etc.
                    Interesting. I go through 2 Liter bottles of sugar free pop like water, and the last time I looked at a receipt, the store was taxing it. I'll have to take another look next time I stock up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      City drivers.

Urgh, if you can't handle driving at 70mph on a motorway or 60 on a straight country road, use an Uber, don't drive along at 20mph in a 60mph ruining the day for everybody else because that's the speed your daily commute is conducted at in the City, out in the sticks if the limit is 60mph, we drive at 60mph.
                      That isn't just a rural problem, in fact, it's far worse in more densely populated areas 'cause there are rarely legal opportunities to pass the idiot in question.

One aspect that won't surface in rural driving is synchronization. Many municipalities sync. their traffic lights; if you enter the flow of traffic, you will eventually catch a light, and when you go again, you are in sync with the stoplights on that run. Keep the speed limit and you'll get all the lights green. This was implemented as a fuel saving measure; cars burn most of their fuel accelerating to cruise speed over an over. Works out good.

Unless you are stuck behind some idiot who is running well under the speed limit, then you're all but guaranteed to hit all the lights red.

Agree with you I do, though. Weather conditions aside, if you can't handle a car at the posted speed limit, you have no business driving it.

Comment

Interesting. I go through 2 Liter bottles of sugar free pop like water, and the last time I looked at a receipt, the store was taxing it. I'll have to take another look next time I stock up.
                        The soda itself should be taxed (its line item having a "T" next to it) but the bottle deposit you pay should be listed as a separate line item with either an "N" or "F" next to it indicating non-taxed items. Which store do you usually go to if I may ask? The ones I go to are Tops, Wegmans, Walmart, Dollar Tree, and of course Whole Foods (seeing as how I work there and all ) and I'm pretty sure everyone of these places, when I buy pop, have the deposit listed as a separate non-taxed line item. It's possible they might use "X" for the deposits too but that's usually reserved for items normally subject to tax but were either partially or fully exempt from it for whatever reason.

Comment

That isn't just a rural problem, in fact, it's far worse in more densely populated areas 'cause there are rarely legal opportunities to pass the idiot in question.

One aspect that won't surface in rural driving is synchronization. Many municipalities sync. their traffic lights; if you enter the flow of traffic, you will eventually catch a light, and when you go again, you are in sync with the stoplights on that run. Keep the speed limit and you'll get all the lights green. This was implemented as a fuel saving measure; cars burn most of their fuel accelerating to cruise speed over an over. Works out good.

Unless you are stuck behind some idiot who is running well under the speed limit, then you're all but guaranteed to hit all the lights red.

Agree with you I do, though. Weather conditions aside, if you can't handle a car at the posted speed limit, you have no business driving it.
                          Happens with senior citizen drivers a lot as their eyesight begins to deteriorate. Can't see as far as they used to so they drive slower to compensate.

Comment

My current pet peeve is the fact that an elderly couple on my street is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. That's not the peeve though. Congratulation to them. The peeve is that their children and other relatives of theirs were evidently so kind as to have a sign erected on their front lawn inviting passing motorists to honk in celebration of this happy occasion. So I've been listening to passing cars all day taking them up on said invitation to honk. And I just so happen to live on a busy street.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Eh? What's this whole foods? Is there such a thing as partial food

Long checkout lines annoy me and then you get someone paying for everything almost with a literal bag of coins. Ugh not bad if you are not in any kind of hurry to be somewhere. But yeah ugh!!!
                              Whole foods is a brand Coco, they focus on organic food products. Think of all the organic sections in Coles or Woolies and extend that into a whole store.
                              As for partial food, it's known as McDonalds across the world.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

My current pet peeve is the fact that an elderly couple on my street is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. That's not the peeve though. Congratulation to them. The peeve is that their children and other relatives of theirs were evidently so kind as to have a sign erected on their front lawn inviting passing motorists to honk in celebration of this happy occasion. So I've been listening to passing cars all day taking them up on said invitation to honk. And I just so happen to live on a busy street.

That would be so annoying. I'd hate that.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X