Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash is king....

What happens when your precious online payment goes down or the system is not working?

Cash will always be king.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
      [SIZE=4]I think it's time to drop syffy from my TV's favorites.

Last month there were two shows in which the characters used the F-bomb.
      Are you seriously bothered by the F-bomb?

I mean, regular violence, shootings, beatings.... all fine, but one F-bomb and the world ends?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I mean, regular violence, shootings, beatings.... all fine, but one F-bomb and the world ends?
        Yeah I have to ask that as well?

One F Bomb and the world has gone mad? Really?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Some people do want to raise their kids by standards which preclude profanity, immoral behavior and such. and some folks just don't enjoy such content themselves, too.
          I can understand the frustration of such parents, there is less and less that they can watch.

Comment

Those children should be in bed
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

The subject of my post was the use of the F-bomb, not violence. Because it was not mentioned, doesn't mean I'm ok with it.
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Some people do want to raise their kids by standards which preclude profanity, immoral behavior and such. and some folks just don't enjoy such content themselves, too.
                I can understand the frustration of such parents, there is less and less that they can watch.
                They can raise their kids telling them to mind their language, but goddammit this petpeeve is ridiculous at best when in the same show someone gets riddled with bullets. But one swear word, and the world ends. Or one naked leg and it gets an R-label.

You americans are a ridiculous bunch in that way.

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                The subject of my post was the use of the F-bomb, not violence. Because it was not mentioned, doesn't mean I'm ok with it.
                But you're thinking of dropping the channel because of the F-bomb, yet I'm fairly certain there's enough shows that have a certain amount of violence, that you're clearly perfectly OK with and not bothered by. But the F-bomb is the straw?

Yeah, like I said... ridiculous in comparison to the amount of not so friendly violence that happens in the average show -- that I'd rather want to shield ykids from than a swear word they'll most likely pick up in the school yard anyway.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And that is my pet peeve FH. Where someone takes a generalization about Americans and applies to all of us
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Most likely? It's an absolute guarantee they'll know them words by the time they are six, and it might not be the other kids teaching them them in the school yard.

It does make me laugh that it appears that only in America is it ok for a teenager to see someone get their face ripped off or head caved in by a baseball bat, yet those same censors say nope, no f***s allowed, might scar little Timmy for life if he hears that word and people actually seem to follow that trend -oh my my favourite show has let a character swear, I'm not watching anymore since my soul will be burned by that word. That's how it seems to the rest of the world.

Our TV is anal about swear words too, during the day, but after 7pm it's relaxed, and after 9pm pretty much anything goes, I don't like it when it's every other word, but it's reality and if it adds to the story or the context, I'm totally fine with it.

It's when I hear "wait there while I go order a cup of ****ing coffee in it ****er" that I object. My son was bought up in a house where swearing is only used when appropriate, a lot of his friends were not, guess which ones swear the most?
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 27 March 2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Know what my biggest pet peeve is right now? It's the fact that people think we need more gun laws to prevent shootings like Las Vegas and Florida. It's NOT the gun! The gun is an inanimate object, and it becomes deadly ONLY in the hands of a human being. I don't mind someone owning a gun for hunting, protection, etc. However, I don't want to own one myself, which is my choice.

I also don't agree with the kids walking out for more gun laws. Walk UP, not out! Walk up to the loners, the outcasts, and the bullied and make them feel wanted and accepted. Help those who have mental issues get the help they need. THAT's what needs to be done.
                      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                        Know what my biggest pet peeve is right now? It's the fact that people think we need more gun laws to prevent shootings like Las Vegas and Florida. It's NOT the gun! The gun is an inanimate object, and it becomes deadly ONLY in the hands of a human being. I don't mind someone owning a gun for hunting, protection, etc. However, I don't want to own one myself, which is my choice.

I also don't agree with the kids walking out for more gun laws. Walk UP, not out! Walk up to the loners, the outcasts, and the bullied and make them feel wanted and accepted. Help those who have mental issues get the help they need. THAT's what needs to be done.
                        I've been saying the same thing in the political/current events threads a long time. It's not the tool, it's the user of the tool. As we have seen recently in Texas, you don't need a gun.

And in point of fact, were I ever to go 'round the bend and pull a stunt like that, a gun wouldn't even be my weapon of choice.

Comment

What would, hypothetically?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            What would, hypothetically?
                            Home made explosive device. A bomb is simply rapid combustion in a contained space. I won't post an exact recipe, but there are many commonly available materials suitable for such uses. Properly placed, such a device could easily cause the death of hundreds.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see what these black helicopters want..

Comment

Home made explosive device. A bomb is simply rapid combustion in a contained space. I won't post an exact recipe, but there are many commonly available materials suitable for such uses. Properly placed, such a device could easily cause the death of hundreds.

*gigglefits madly*

Sorry couldnt help it

A peeve of mine: All these shootings, PLEASE STOP IT ALREADY thank you

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

if you want a bomb all you gotta do is let the 3 stooges do some cooking

Comment

Working...
                                X