Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    This is correct, this is what I live by

Dont get me started on the 6 feet of space between one guy at a coutner buying food and the next guy {in front of me}
    It does compute if you don't want someone hovering over your shoulder while you pay with a credit/debit card and want them to see you enter your PIN..

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    The world has forgotten how to queue indeed, very annoying.

My favourite is the self service tills, I don't tend to use them on principe unless I'm in a hurry, but in our local shop they have a regular till to the right, and self service to the left, everybody stands in a nice queue for the regular staffed checkout, so when you walk past them and go to the self service checkouts, you tend to get shouted at, my usual response is "if you're queing for the self service till, why are you standing in the staffed checkout queue?"
    That's imo done so you don't block the isles..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      It does compute if you don't want someone hovering over your shoulder while you pay with a credit/debit card and want them to see you enter your PIN...
      This is why I dont use a credit card. I dont like the idea of them to begin with actually. I can barely tolorate a gift card as it is. But still, EIGHT FEET of space ?? Daheck

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Like you i prefer cash when i can, but sometimes (like for big purchases, electronics and such) i have to use a card..

Comment

It does compute if you don't want someone hovering over your shoulder while you pay with a credit/debit card and want them to see you enter your PIN..

That's imo done so you don't block the isles..
          Fair enough if it's a thin isle, but this one is 15 foot wide, 35 feet away from the self service checkouts. It's the equivilant of you stopping a quarter of a mile before a roundabout and waiting for it to be clear before moving again.

Comment

That's one wide isle.. Most seem to be barely 6ft wide!

But another for me.. Ongoing shows NOT doing a good job advertising when their new season kicks off on tv.. Was scrolling through this afternoon, to see if there was any soccer to watch when i saw day 1B of this years WSOP (which i have watched religiously for 8 years or so), but i never even saw a SINGLE ad or tv spot showcasing its return..!

Comment

Yeah tell me about it, if you held your arms out straight and tried to spin in our local Morrison's, you'd take everything off the shelves.

Back OT: Charlie Card's case (Google him if you don't know), not Charlie or his parents themselves, but the attitude of the hospital, what are they so scared of by refusing to let him be taken elsewhere for treatment? That'll it'll work and they'll be proven wrong again like they were with the last child in this position?

So you could say the "I'm God and what I say must not be questioned" attitude of certain practicians is really starting to irk me, we have unfortunate first hand experience with this and it's about time certain people in public service remembered their place.

Comment

It seems everybody has an opinion about it, but no one seems to care what the kid's life is like right now or what it will not be when the treatment prolongs it. It has already been said by the American doctor that his treatment is NOT a cure.

The hospital isn't worried about it working, it's worried about it not working. Who do you think Charlie's parents are going to blame when he dies anyway?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It seems like everyone is giving these parents false hope that encourages denial that this baby is going to die soon
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I find this bit in an article I was reading (was looking for the experimental drug treatment and the name of Charlie's illness) extremely hypocritical for a country which is about to take healthcare away from its citizens and makes everything a pre-existing condition:

"The Republican congressmen Brad Wenstrup and Trent Franks are expected to table a bill in the US House of Representatives on Monday to bring Charlie and his parents to the US."

Congrats America, your government is ready to let your own go to hell, but a British boy gets to have his own bill.

Ah, found it...

Mitochondrial DNA Depletion Syndromes: Review and Updates of Genetic Basis, Manifestations, and Therapeutic Options

I can't find anything about the experimental treatment, except that apparently stemcell transplantation has been showing promising results.

Comment

But the PR stunt will bring votes

From what I remember the therapy is for people with less severe forms of the disease
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        But the PR stunt will bring votes...
                        Mmm... it probably does.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        From what I remember the therapy is for people with less severe forms of the disease
                        "Promising results" usually doesn't mean cure. It usually means "a long way to go but we've managed to give you a few more days/weeks/months" until the next experiment comes along (which might kill you instantaneously, we don't know).

Comment

This reminds me of a conversation someone told me about. It was between a young person and an old person. The Young person said to the old person. "I don't think I want live to be as old as you." The Old person looked at them and said "So you would rather die tommorow?"
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            It seems everybody has an opinion about it, but no one seems to care what the kid's life is like right now or what it will not be when the treatment prolongs it. It has already been said by the American doctor that his treatment is NOT a cure.

The hospital isn't worried about it working, it's worried about it not working. Who do you think Charlie's parents are going to blame when he dies anyway?
                            More than likely the doctors.. Which to be is stupid, since THEY are the one's fighting like hell to give their kid a chance..

Comment

Got another pet peeve.. Competition shows (like spartan team challenge) and similar, that spend almost half (if not more) of the 43 min of an "hour long" show, on bio's of contestants, often REPEATING the same 'bio' they did earlier when that contestant (or team) first showed up, and 95% of these being nothing more than sob-stories..

Comment

Got another pet peeve.. Competition shows (like spartan team challenge) and similar, that spend almost half (if not more) of the 43 min of an "hour long" show, on bio's of contestants, often REPEATING the same 'bio' they did earlier when that contestant (or team) first showed up, and 95% of these being nothing more than sob-stories..

That's to be expected from the garbage of reality TV they do that stuff all the time.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X