Clear All

It is ever?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It is ever?
      Sure it is.
      We all make conscious decisions on our morality and choices, those conscious decisions also give us some unconscious ones as well however, thus we have bias.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I wasn't talking about people in general
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          But he is using those arguments in a different fashion then you. Annoyed dosen't want to REMOVE the Freedom to those technology or devices where as you (GF76) do. Annoyed is for FREEDOM were as GF is NOT!
          Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          We have already established you do not comprehend Annoyed, why compound your error.
          In this case, GF is right. I do want to limit the freedom to use such gadgets where safety is compromised as a result. Some idiot wants to walk around a mall with her face in her phone 'till she takes a header into the fountain, well, Darwin will take his due. But if such an idiot insists on putting the public at risk, much as driving while intox does, then I think it should be prevented. Laws haven't even discouraged people from using them while driving. So, it's time for the technical sledgehammer.

Comment

We have already established you do not comprehend Annoyed, why compound your error.
            I do comprehend every one here. I just choose to go about my posting in my own...PECULIAR Fashion.

aka Fun First. All else second.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Computers CRASH all the time. Why should it be any shock that that shouldn't do that when driving?
              And the amount of hacks that go on each year, makes you wonder WHY they keep making everything IN cars so computerized...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                And the amount of hacks that go on each year, makes you wonder WHY they keep making everything IN cars so computerized...

Puts on tin foil hat.

Maybe software and hardware companies share a symbiotic relationship with hackers.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

All the better to control every aspect of the lives of the LITTLE People..for their own good of course.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    And people wonder why self-driving cars aren't a good idea.
                    I don't want a self-driving car, ever.

I want to be in control of my actions -- i.e. speed over the limit on the highway (only about 10 km/h too fast, the limit's at 120 km/h -- 75 mph, so I do 80 on the freeway, sometimes 85)

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    It was the driver's fault not the car.
                    Perhaps they shouldn't have called it self-driving --

I know it was the driver's fault. Considering that people WILL misuse this, like any other tech., maybe it's not such a good idea? This yutz just killed himself. What if a bunch of kids or something happened to get in the way?
                    Here you go, from the investigation on the car involved in the crash:

...the driver should have seen the truck "at least" seven seconds before the collision, calling it a "period of extended distraction" and that he "took no braking, steering or other actions."

The NTSB report appears to deliver no conflicting information. The agency said the driver was traveling at 74 miles per hour, above the 65 mph limit on the road, when he collided with the truck.

The driver used the vehicle's self-driving system for 37.5 minutes of the 41 minutes of his trip, according to the NTSB. During the time the self-driving system was activated, he had his hands on the wheel for a total of only about half a minute, investigators concluded.

Tesla has long insisted that drivers must keep their hands at the wheel, ready to take over at any time. The company, which declined to comment, has previously defended its system. But software upgrades since the accident would likely have prevented it, CEO Elon Musk has said.

NTSB said the driver received seven visual warnings on the instrument panel, which blared "Hold Steering Wheel," followed by six audible warnings.
                    Having recently purchased a "Lefty Snowflake" type Car...
                    What kind of car might that be?

How many times have I said it's not technology that is evil, it is the inappropriate use of technology.
                    So, therefor it is necessary for people to know how to properly use the technology.

GF isn't wrong to make the connection with the gun argument.

For example. Regarding cell phones. Put an interlock on phones so they don't work in a car that is running.
                    I might have dreamed it, but I think that's being worked on. I know there's already a system in place for GPS-systems (what also helps is putting the GPS up on the passenger-side, where the driver can't reach it).

Some idiot wants to walk around a mall with her face in her phone 'till she takes a header into the fountain, well, Darwin will take his due.
                    And put it on YouTube.
                    Also, isn't the Darwin Award for people who don't survive their stunts? Like that girl who aimed and killed her boyfriend while he was trying to proof a book could stop a bullet.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Maybe software and hardware companies share a symbiotic relationship with hackers.
                    They do.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Puts on tin foil hat.

Computerized engine management is a good thing; it allows cars to be more fuel efficient, better performing, less polluting, more reliable (how long since you've not been able to start your car cause it's flooded?) as well as some diagnostic assistance when things go wrong. It does make things easier when you can plug a laptop with software to talk the computer into the OBDII port and it tells you were to look for the problem and gives you a general health report on the engine, right down to transmission fluid temperature, moment to moment fuel economy and a host of other things.

It also allows flexibility; if you're building an off road project (or if you don't mind switching chips for annual inspections) you can retune the engine to some degree by putting an aftermarket chip in the computer, better performance but won't pass emissions testing

Overall, I rather like the benefits of these systems.

What is not a good thing is allowing these computerized systems to communicate with other systems via wireless because you should expect someone to try to "hack" the car. If nothing can talk to it, it can't be hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I don't want a self-driving car, ever.

I want to be in control of my actions -- i.e. speed over the limit on the highway (only about 10 km/h too fast, the limit's at 120 km/h -- 75 mph, so I do 80 on the freeway, sometimes 85)

Perhaps they shouldn't have called it self-driving --

Here you go, from the investigation on the car involved in the crash:

So, therefor it is necessary for people to know how to properly use the technology.

GF isn't wrong to make the connection with the gun argument.

I might have dreamed it, but I think that's being worked on. I know there's already a system in place for GPS-systems (what also helps is putting the GPS up on the passenger-side, where the driver can't reach it).

And put it on YouTube.
                        Also, isn't the Darwin Award for people who don't survive their stunts? Like that girl who aimed and killed her boyfriend while he was trying to proof a book could stop a bullet.

They do.
                        you probably LOVE the Autobahn then....speed limits? What speed limits?

Comment

I do comprehend every one here. I just choose to go about my posting in my own...PECULIAR Fashion.

If that were true, you would not have had to apologise in the other thread.
                          oops.

aka Fun First. All else second.
                          Avocado-Taste-Disgusting.jpg
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Let me just put it this way.....

[/color]
                            If that were true, you would not have had to apologise in the other thread.
                            oops.
                            I am a man of many contradictions. That and I don't find Anny to be a big douche nozzle like you are so

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42275[/ATTACH]
                            So you basically just admitted to having never been to a REAL Party then if you have never done that at an event? Yeah You being a No fun Stick in the .....MUD
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Puts on tin foil hat.

Are you frikken kidding? Software companies share a relationship with hackers? Where do you come up with this?

Comment

I've heard this theory before. It's complete conspiracy but the crazy idea is hackers do their thing to get those virus protection companies a market
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X