No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know at which point these apps access our contact list, pictures, etc.? Is it only during installation?
    Last edited by pscard; 06 May 2017, 07:37 AM.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
      Does anyone know at which point these apps access our contact list, pictures, etc.? Is it only during installation?
      What those scary app permissions mean?

Might be of help.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Why are a lot of AAA games made in the last couple of years so bland and meh?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Because they're made with such huge budgets they have to appeal to as many people as possible.

And those AAA games now are more interactive movies, than games. The latest Final Fantasy has more cut scenes than player controlled areas. All the identical WWII games have directors now who plan each scene out as if it was a movie. The player just moves the character around until they reach the point the director wanted them to get to.

What games are you playing?

I'm still working on Fallout 4 and Skyrim

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Because they're made with such huge budgets they have to appeal to as many people as possible.

And those AAA games now are more interactive movies, than games. The latest Final Fantasy has more cut scenes than player controlled areas. All the identical WWII games have directors now who plan each scene out as if it was a movie. The player just moves the character around until they reach the point the director wanted them to get to.

What games are you playing?

I'm still working on Fallout 4 and Skyrim

I am currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda and finding it a chore.... It's fun for the most part but padded out with a zillion fetch quests which aren't important to the main story. It feels grindy in parts.

Plus not to mention EA/Bioware messing with the character appearance for the female if you play as Sara Ryder, they changed her character model from the actual face they used to a face that looks nothing like the person they used. Yet if you play as her brother he looks just like his character model.

Decisions like that pee me off. Devs are pandering to someone.

Comment

People who dont know that the law is there for a REASON.... texting and driving, cellphone and driving, GAH at points I myself want to do a citizens arrest for it because its people simply breaking a LAW without knowing.

HANG UP AND DRIVE PLEASE THANK YOU

Heck I myself dont even USE the phone in the car unless I am not driving at the time

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm pretty sure they know it's a law Princess, they just don't care.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ditto on the cellphones. People just don't care, or don't think they will get caught for that.

Comment

I always point and laugh at the ones being ticketted when caught.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      People who dont know that the law is there for a REASON.... texting and driving, cellphone and driving, GAH at points I myself want to do a citizens arrest for it because its people simply breaking a LAW without knowing.

HANG UP AND DRIVE PLEASE THANK YOU

Heck I myself dont even USE the phone in the car unless I am not driving at the time
                      If I had my way, they would make phones so they don't even work inside a car that has its engine running. They've passed laws till they're blue in the face, it doesn't make a dent in the problem. Time for the technological sledgehammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Yes, it was very helpful. Thank you for the link.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

Back to YouTube - I was going to bring up the list of permissions and share them here, but something odd happened. The update prompt screen did not appear when starting YouTube. I didn't download the update.

But when I backed out and restarted it, the screen showed up again, but it's happening sporadically.

Oh well!
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

Humidity
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

I went looking for a Christianity thread and found that most of them were closed.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

Religion and politics usually lead to personal attacks
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X