• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who feel entitled.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Don't even get me started. There are times when I think we should rename the U.S. to "The Entitlement States of America".

Comment

This kind of thing really pisses me off.

What kind of low life scum can do stuff like this to helpless kittens? (Or any other domestic animal, for that matter)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/05...y-surgery.html
        An 8-week-old kitten, who was rescued after being dyed purple and used as a chew toy for a larger animal, is recovering after he had emergency surgery in California during the weekend.

The kitten, weighing less than two pounds and nicknamed “Smurf” because of his purple-blue hue, needed abdominal surgery, Fox 2 reported. Smurf, who was brought to a San Jose shelter on Dec. 28 with about 20 bite marks and deep wounds on his body, will likely require several weeks for a full recovery and may be ready for adoption in three months or so, veterinarian Monica Rudiger said.
        Every time I read about something like this it pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.

I know, the laws aren't written to allow it, but if I had my druthers, anyone convicted of abusing an animal like this would have the exact same thing done to them. If it results in the death of the abuser, as it does to so many domestic animals, good. Scum like that doesn't deserve to live anyway.

Comment

People who do such things to animals, are equally capable doing that to other humans.

They should therefor be punished with the same weight.

Comment

Update: At least the little guy is doing well now.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/70621624-story
            A kitten nicknamed 'Smurf' because it was dyed blue-purple from head to paw and was likely used as a chew toy for other dogs, has become friends with a blind cat at the shelter that rescued them.

Animal care workers say the two are inseparable and have posted photos of the pair cuddling and giving each other kitty "massages."
            From the wording of the article, they've both been adopted too.

I'd still like to see them catch whoever did that to that poor kitten and toss them into a cage with either lions or tigers, to be used as a chew toy.

Comment

I saw the news appear on my Facebook page. I think "Smurf" is going to be just fine - a good home awaits.

I think they should dye the previous owner blue and throw him in with some lions who can then proceed to use him/her as a chewtoy.

Comment

Yeah, dyeing him blue would be a good touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Yeah, dyeing him blue would be a good touch.
                  But that would be unconstitutional Annoyed.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    But that would be unconstitutional Annoyed.
                    Oh, I know that, I said so in my original post on this topic.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I know, the laws aren't written to allow it, but if I had my druthers, anyone convicted of abusing an animal like this would have the exact same thing done to them. If it results in the death of the abuser, as it does to so many domestic animals, good. Scum like that doesn't deserve to live anyway.

Comment

I have a pet peeve. Where I work I see a lot of people in their cars, and so many of them don't have their children, especially 2 years and younger, in car seats. According to the South Dakota State laws, it's illegal not to have your child in any type of restraint. Why do it? Not only is it illegal, but it endangers their lives. What gives?
                      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

The same reason people don't wear seatbelts even though its the law
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Last year I saw a man diving his pickup with a baby on his lap.
                          It was in the neighborhood with very little traffic, but still...
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Or people who have those yellow "Baby On Board" caution signs in their car windows but proceed to do incredibly stupid things with the car?

Comment

Ok, I think it's getting to the point where anyone who displays any interest whatsoever in going into advertising or marketing should be shot ASAP.

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/samsung-...treaming-apps/

Reports are emerging that Samsung smart TVs have begun inserting short advertisements directly into video streaming apps, with no influence from the third-party app providers.
                              The example given is a Plex media server (software you can run on a computer on your network to stream content such as CD, movies and such that you have in your media library to devices in your home. I run one in my own home.

So, you use their TV, which you paid for, to play content you have already purchased and paid for, and they think they have the right to insert ads?

Advertising is clearly way over the line here.

Comment

People that intentionally make you have to walk slow behind them or risk ramming headlong into the wall or tree by going around them..... twice now at Disney World I fell into a flowerpot. Not these are NOT old folks with canes but people glued to their phones

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X