Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    should try installing something like ZoneAlarm on your home computer(s).....it usually does a good job of catching and stopping most hacking attempts....and if you're computer(s) are hooked into a home router then the router's firmware has some anti-hacking capability as well
    Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    This I agree with and highly recommend, and if you have the money/access for it, get a Barracudda Networks Spam and Virus Firewall system. Both are very well worth it. Hackers don't stand a chance {or if low on founds for BN, Get ZoneAlarm's Router, it also provides you with a VPN of your own for the price of the router! Literally unseen on the net!}

New Peeve; sometimes aimed at my own townspeople; Why do we not help others anymore ? Is everyone afraid that if they help a guy, they'll be in debt to the guy they helped ?

Thanks, guys! This is our first real hack in...forever? I'll chat with Mr. WW, though--he's the tech guy.

As to your new peeve, Princess A--I totally agree. We can't even greet each other on the street, like we used to when I was a kid, let alone lend a hand if we see one is needed. Mind, half the time you go to help someone and they treat you like you're an ax-murderer, sizing them up to be your next victim, but still. There's nothing wrong with lending a hand to someone now and again. It's like we were discussing on another thread about how all this technology has brought us closer to people who live far away, but further away from those who are physically close to us.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      Did you ever hear Denis Leary's song? A$$hole. It's the name of the song. I aspire to be that person.
      lol

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
      How about hearing someone talking about someone behind their back? That's one of the most annoying things ever especially since it could happen to you at any time.
      I agree. If someone talks behind one person's back, they'll do the same to you.
      sigpic

Comment

Mail Persons that are Mailbox Crammers!
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Folks who make mountains out of molehills. Life's too short--chillax.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Having to mow around da molehills.

*gets all aggravated and takes it out on da moles*
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Liars. A friend of mine is cheating on her SO, and she wants me to lie for her because she got busted. I said NOPE.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                Having to mow around da molehills.

*gets all aggravated and takes it out on da moles*
                Nice.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
                  Liars. A friend of mine is cheating on her SO, and she wants me to lie for her because she got busted. I said NOPE.
                  Good for you! It's nice to see someone having principles.

The girl at work who's making a big stink over nothing thinks she's going to hold a mistake over my head. I threw out some juice that had been out in the dining room--silly me, thinking that juice in carafes that had been cold, then not, then cold, then not, should be thrown out. I'm going to "fess up" to the manager and tell her she can dock my pay if she wants to. This girl said she wouldn't tell on me--this time. Ooooh, I is scared. Not.
                  sigpic

Comment

Juice Wasters
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      Juice Wasters
                      Thanks, Fly!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
                        good for you

Comment

Having an affair should be considered a crime
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

People who make a right hand turn from the left lane
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

*cuts in front of GB and drives really slow*
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                *cuts in front of GB and drives really slow*
                                Men who think women are bad drivers
                                no means no, and so does pepper spray