Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kali View Post
    ^ When people tailgate, I usually slow down. So it accomplishes nothing other than annoying them for my amusement. I've had people flip me off, scream and yell... lol morons.
    The best is when you have cruise control and you're in a section of road where they CAN'T pass due to traffic or whatever. You simply take off cruise control and let the car slow down of its own accord--no brake lights, you're just going slower and slower and slower... They totally lose their shizz.

Sometimes I brake-check them, but you have to be careful, and ready to speed up in case they are slow to react. THAT backs them off a lot of times. Maybe I'm just a bad driver.

Nah.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

lol well usually, I'm one of the faster drivers on the road. But occasionally, some idiot rides my bumper trying to intimidate me into going faster... if they simply keep their distance giving me a chance to move over for them, I will. But if they're aggressive, I admit that it's amusing to annoy these types of people. I've seen people go ape on me, wildly swinging their arms and screaming. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, I get a good laugh. I wonder if these morons realize how foolish they look-
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
        lol well usually, I'm one of the faster drivers on the road. But occasionally, some idiot rides my bumper trying to intimidate me into going faster... if they simply keep their distance giving me a chance to move over for them, I will. But if they're aggressive, I admit that it's amusing to annoy these types of people. I've seen people go ape on me, wildly swinging their arms and screaming. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, I get a good laugh. I wonder if these morons realize how foolish they look-
        Did you ever hear Denis Leary's song? A$$hole. It's the name of the song. I aspire to be that person.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Having to work on Saturday and Sunday Nights....
          I know it's part of my job. But it is a pet peeve...
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

yeah I hate people who try to intimidate me into breaking the speed limit too...sorry but I'd rather go through life with as few traffic tickets as possible.....if you wanna risk a ticket fo r speeding that's your problem but don't expect me to play along

Comment

How about hearing someone talking about someone behind their back? That's one of the most annoying things ever especially since it could happen to you at any time.
              On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Having to work on Saturday and Sunday Nights....
                I know it's part of my job. But it is a pet peeve...
                I feel your pain. I hate that the week-end is a requirement of my business and my job, both. It would sure be nice to have it off like a "normal person", wouldn't it, without having to ask special?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  yeah I hate people who try to intimidate me into breaking the speed limit too...sorry but I'd rather go through life with as few traffic tickets as possible.....if you wanna risk a ticket fo r speeding that's your problem but don't expect me to play along
                  Those people are called "radar detectors". I've been caught speeding twice in over 20 years; the last time, I had to pay a huge fine AND take that stupid 40 hour test. That test was enough of an irritation to make me more cautious since--plus, I know my reflexes are not what they used to be, and I've realized that ANYthing can happen, so why take the chance?
                  sigpic

Comment

Pet peeve. Stupid-a$$, bleepity-bleep bleeping, good-for-nothing, useless, worthless, soul-less, father-less, mother-less, friend-less hackers. Was up until 1:30 in the morning, changing passwords on EVERY account we own with hubby. And guess who still woke up at 5:30? Stupid hackers! Satan's got a special room reserved for them--one without computers.
                    sigpic

Comment

On the topic of drivers, I don't like slow drivers on their cell phones, I get so slagged off I forget where I am going and just want to see what the other guy looks like.

Or maybe the guy behind you at night whose brights are on. Is'nt that nice ? A guy that just got his headlights aimed and he wants me to see what a good job his automechanic did! If I had an armored tank I'd hit the brakes and back up, knock out those reading lights, let him find his own way home!

And still on the topic of driving, I just drive at a speed to keep up with everyone else regardless of the speed limit {with personal limits of course}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I usually go 5 mph over the speed limit. Anything more and you risk a police officer pulling you over
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                          Pet peeve. Stupid-a$$, bleepity-bleep bleeping, good-for-nothing, useless, worthless, soul-less, father-less, mother-less, friend-less hackers. Was up until 1:30 in the morning, changing passwords on EVERY account we own with hubby. And guess who still woke up at 5:30? Stupid hackers! Satan's got a special room reserved for them--one without computers.
                          that's why I usually have like a billion security programs running at once on my computer

Comment

that's why I usually have like a billion security programs running at once on my computer

Hubby works with computers (manager of a computer rental company), but someone got his email anyway. Problem was, we'd sent a file to each other with the passwords for our accounts, so we changed them all, just to be sure that the hackers hadn't gotten hold of that file.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                              Hubby works with computers (manager of a computer rental company), but someone got his email anyway. Problem was, we'd sent a file to each other with the passwords for our accounts, so we changed them all, just to be sure that the hackers hadn't gotten hold of that file.
                              should try installing something like ZoneAlarm on your home computer(s).....it usually does a good job of catching and stopping most hacking attempts....and if you're computer(s) are hooked into a home router then the router's firmware has some anti-hacking capability as well

Comment

should try installing something like ZoneAlarm on your home computer(s).....it usually does a good job of catching and stopping most hacking attempts....and if you're computer(s) are hooked into a home router then the router's firmware has some anti-hacking capability as well
                                This I agree with and highly recommend, and if you have the money/access for it, get a Barracudda Networks Spam and Virus Firewall system. Both are very well worth it. Hackers don't stand a chance {or if low on founds for BN, Get ZoneAlarm's Router, it also provides you with a VPN of your own for the price of the router! Literally unseen on the net!}

New Peeve; sometimes aimed at my own townspeople; Why do we not help others anymore ? Is everyone afraid that if they help a guy, they'll be in debt to the guy they helped ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X