Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*steals the soapbox*

I hate it when parents compare having children to writing. As if their fertility gives them some right to claim what they have is better, and that anyone who loves what they do shouldn't because they don't share DNA with their creations.

Writing isn't the same as having children so why are you comparing them in the first place?

Comment

You have every right to your rant. As much right as I do. I certainly NEVER said that being "fertile" made me any better. My comparison was to show how different the two things are--more of a contrast. Those who can have children are NOT better than those who cannot. What I was pointing out is that saying that writing is the SAME as a child is WAY off base. I have kept quiet about this belief for some time, just because I was afraid someone would take it wrong. I can't stand how this world has become--how we have to walk on freaking egg-shells, never expressing an opinion for fear of attack. I am sorry if you took this the wrong way, but as I said to you in the messages even, I am NOT attacking those who are childless or saying that art doesn't matter. If you don't get that, I'm sorry, but my original opinion stands, as will the post, until and unless a mod finds it too inflammatory.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

*gives the soapbox back* ...Someone has already eaten all the soap wibble.png

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          *gives the soapbox back* ...Someone has already eaten all the soap [ATTACH=CONFIG]37957[/ATTACH]
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            *gives the soapbox back* ...Someone has already eaten all the soap [ATTACH=CONFIG]37957[/ATTACH]
            *hic*...sorry....I thought it was sugar and used it in the batch of brownies I made *burps soap bubbles*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              *hic*...sorry....I thought it was sugar and used it in the batch of brownies I made *burps soap bubbles*
              You truly are mad, gator.
              sigpic

Comment

*borrows the sugar box*

Here is a rather unique peeve of mine that has been growing daily and I just have to let it out.

Some people just do not know when to call it quits. Basically here is the deal, when you and your forum joins with another forum, then then bashes heads with both forums staff groups, and split apart. That is normally the time to not even attempt to try another pair up. After the second time it happens, don't blame a hacker. That's just stupid. And don't get me started on constant migrating of the forum to differnet links. What you had the first time worked perfectly for what you needed.

After the nth time in so many months, call it quits to save whatever is left of your sanity. Personally I'd have up and said "Alright, this is the third time this place went under, I'm gone." Why you can't do that is beyond me.

You know who you are, after all, you are......'her'

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                  You truly are mad, gator.
                  yeah I'm a regular riot

Comment

Folks just seem to be ticking me off lately. So, latest peeve (or at least one that has recently come to light): neighbors using their car horn as a doorbell. I could understand if it was raining, or the person you are picking up doesn't have access to any sort of communication device, but on a clear, sunny day, when you're just too frakkin' lazy to get out of your car...

The other one is neighbors pulling up early or late with the nasty music blaring. I'm not a prude, but this is a neighborhood, with young children around; we don't need to hear the "f" word or the "n" word screaming from your hoopty at any time, let alone when it could conceivably wake up most folks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      Folks just seem to be ticking me off lately. So, latest peeve (or at least one that has recently come to light): neighbors using their car horn as a doorbell. I could understand if it was raining, or the person you are picking up doesn't have access to any sort of communication device, but on a clear, sunny day, when you're just too frakkin' lazy to get out of your car...

The other one is neighbors pulling up early or late with the nasty music blaring. I'm not a prude, but this is a neighborhood, with young children around; we don't need to hear the "f" word or the "n" word screaming from your hoopty at any time, let alone when it could conceivably wake up most folks.
                      next time just fire an EMP at the car......that'd put a damper on the loud music

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        next time just fire an EMP at the car......that'd put a damper on the loud music
                        The teen went out to my car one day and laid on the horn at them. We have "Hella" horns, known for their "God Almighty! Did a Kraken escape?" volume.

But I like your idea. Now, to find a nuclear device... Do you think it's legal to set one off above a suburban area? (Just kidding, CIA. Joke. )
                        sigpic

Comment

or set off the Silent Hill siren

Comment

People who let loose their house cat outside. The cat goes into others people backyard to terrorise, kill, and injure birds. I’m tired of finding the occasional dead bird. Today I heard some kind of commotion outside. I saw about 40 birds screaming on the wires to some kind of danger. I looked and saw a fugly overfed fur ball. The cat left when I stared at it.
                            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Youtube Lag.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

People who *choose* not to listen, they really annoy me.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X