Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Yep me and my cousin go and play a video game together, and then we get told off for being rude
    I used to do that too.....it beat getting my cheeks pinched by distant relatives that I never saw hide nor hair of any other time except for major gatherings.....

Comment

Kids who keep shouting for the attention of their parent when you're having a conversation with said parent. Even worse, parents who will immediately stop talking and give said kid all the attention they wanted and then afterwards they'll ask you what you were talking about again and want to pick up where you left off... several times a day.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

... Other Lawyers... :: mutters ::

This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          People who drive like morons, especially on the interstate.
          so, women.

Comment

People who drive like morons, especially on the interstate.
            Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            so, women.
            No; I'm female and know how to drive properly. But wasn't that you I saw behind the wheel of the truck that nearly caused three accidents in five minutes' time the other day and prompted me to post my peeve in the first place?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

No; I'm female and know how to drive properly. But wasn't that you I saw behind the wheel of the truck that nearly caused three accidents in five minutes' time the other day and prompted me to post my peeve in the first place?
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

People who drive too slow. People who drive too fast. People who ride my back bumper and make me ease off the gas or brake check them. People who don't use turn signals. People who cut me off only to drive slowly. People who hang in my blind spot. People who drive the exact same speed as me right next to me. People who leave their car's bright lights on at night. People who forget to turn on their car's lights at night. Basically, anyone else being on MY road.

On a side note, hubby put those "snapshot" things from Progressive on our cars. They measure how many times you slam on the brakes. If you are a "safe driver", you save money on your insurance. I guess the less times you hit the brakes hard, the safer driver you are? Well, yesterday, some moron pulled out from a side road onto the main road to go south, but stopped sideways in front of the northbound traffic. Which was already traveling at speed (45mph). If I hadn't slammed on my brakes, there would have been a horrific accident and I likely would have removed this person from the gene pool. If I had survived myself, I would have had to live with that, despite it being their idiocy that would've caused the accident. So how accurate could these foolish things be?
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

New peeve--one of my reps needed to return some products. I went online into her account and made the return for her because her computer is not working. Then, because she can't get to our training office and doesn't have a printer even when (and if) her computer ever works, I printed up the postage and the return documentation. I told her all she had to do was come by and get it and I left it under my welcome mat. She had ten days to pick it up. I texted her today (day 11) to tell her that the papers were still outside my door and she said she'd already sent it with papers from the company. AFTER BEGGING ME TO PRINT THE FREAKIN' THINGS UP FOR HER and all she had to do was come by my house (which is along her route to and from her job) and pick them up!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                  P.S. I told her not to bother asking me to do it again and she whined about being busy. To me. Who works 60+ hours in this business and could work less if I wasn't doing things for people that they beg me to do and then don't take advantage of. Who has two kids (she has none) with various after-school activities and who need homework help and constant riding on about their chores. Who has a hubby with weird hours, so I can't rely on him to pick up the kids or run them about. Who is in the process of packing and closing up one house and getting it back to rights for the new tenants while prepping to move into our first owned house. Who is involved in various associations and has work to do with them as well. I can't believe she had the nerve to whine about being busy to ME. We're all pretty busy nowadays. Too effin' bad!
                  Last edited by Whytewytch; 11 May 2012, 04:00 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    People who drive too slow. People who drive too fast. People who ride my back bumper and make me ease off the gas or brake check them. People who don't use turn signals. People who cut me off only to drive slowly. People who hang in my blind spot. People who drive the exact same speed as me right next to me. People who leave their car's bright lights on at night. People who forget to turn on their car's lights at night. Basically, anyone else being on MY road.

On a side note, hubby put those "snapshot" things from Progressive on our cars. They measure how many times you slam on the brakes. If you are a "safe driver", you save money on your insurance. I guess the less times you hit the brakes hard, the safer driver you are? Well, yesterday, some moron pulled out from a side road onto the main road to go south, but stopped sideways in front of the northbound traffic. Which was already traveling at speed (45mph). If I hadn't slammed on my brakes, there would have been a horrific accident and I likely would have removed this person from the gene pool. If I had survived myself, I would have had to live with that, despite it being their idiocy that would've caused the accident. So how accurate could these foolish things be?
                    So bad drivers in general?

As for those boxes, the insurance companies obviously realise that people sometimes need to slam on the breaks and is more designed to see if you're CONSTANTLY driving erratically rather than the occasional emergency stop.
                    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

New peeve--one of my reps needed to return some products. I went online into her account and made the return for her because her computer is not working. Then, because she can't get to our training office and doesn't have a printer even when (and if) her computer ever works, I printed up the postage and the return documentation. I told her all she had to do was come by and get it and I left it under my welcome mat. She had ten days to pick it up. I texted her today (day 11) to tell her that the papers were still outside my door and she said she'd already sent it with papers from the company. AFTER BEGGING ME TO PRINT THE FREAKIN' THINGS UP FOR HER and all she had to do was come by my house (which is along her route to and from her job) and pick them up!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                        P.S. I told her not to bother asking me to do it again and she whined about being busy. To me. Who works 60+ hours in this business and could work less if I wasn't doing things for people that they beg me to do and then don't take advantage of. Who has two kids (she has none) with various after-school activities and who need homework help and constant riding on about their chores. Who has a hubby with weird hours, so I can't rely on him to pick up the kids or run them about. Who is in the process of packing and closing up one house and getting it back to rights for the new tenants while prepping to move into our first owned house. Who is involved in various associations and has work to do with them as well. I can't believe she had the nerve to whine about being busy to ME. We're all pretty busy nowadays. Too effin' bad!
                        that is so rude, her, not you
                        sigpic

Comment

1. I can't drive with any sort of coat or jacket on; never could, not even in the winter in New England.
                          2. Yeah, the whole struggling to get into and out of a rain jacket from the driver's seat is difficult at best; add kids in the other seats and it becomes a nightmare sometimes.
                          3. Once you've got the rain coat off, you're sitting on a wet seat anyway, so why bother.
                          4. The rain has driven into your car and soaked everything it can reach in the seconds the door was open.

I usually just get home, get towels out, get everyone dried and changed into dry clothes. Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up. Which doesn't mean I have to like it...

Like I said, though, I actually got lucky today and made it to and from in between cloudbursts.
                          I hear you, I learned to give it up and just get wet and change clothes. I was a gardener and there is no such thing as a rain suit that actually keeps one 100% dry. Even when you find one that works well enough, it will make you sweat! So now I am retired and out here on the ranch we get wet and change clothes, you can't do any work effectively or without major annoyance in rain gear, so I rarely use them.
                          sigpic

Comment

But what I really came here to gripe about are those people in grocery stores who wander around getting in everyone's way, with no regard to others at all. I call it passive aggressive behavior, I don't believe for one minute they don't see me standing there!
                            sigpic

Comment

when they stick their trolly in the middle of the aisle, then walk off, instead of taking it with them, or, they stand in a little huddle with their friends in the middle, gabbing
                              sigpic

Comment

Having to cover at work for People who call in sick (regularly), only to find out through a mutual friend that said sick person had posted on their facebook page what a good time they had out clubbing the evening before.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X