Clear All

*Revs a growly engine*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      *Revs a growly engine*
      Naughty, Ukko! Naughty!
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

thats Ukko for ya, he is a growly engine
        I passed mine first time in an automatic, means i cant drive a manual unless i take the test for one
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          Naughty, Ukko! Naughty!
          Cant help it.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          I passed mine first time in an automatic, means i cant drive a manual unless i take the test for one
          You are qualified to drive put put only.
          sigpic

Comment

*blows raspberry at him*
            sigpic

Comment

*blows raspberry at him*
              *Gives Pookey an ASBO*
              sigpic

Comment

*files it with the rest*
                sigpic

Comment

I mentioned on another thread that growly engines make me quite...friendly. Hence, Ukko's naughtiness.

My dad taught me to drive manual on a 60 degree hill, starting at the top. This was well before "hill assist"!

My pet peeve: Despite not allowing the teen to take his test again, the stupid place still charged us! Now I've got to try to call them to get our money back.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    My pet peeve: Despite not allowing the teen to take his test again, the stupid place still charged us! Now I've got to try to call them to get our money back.
                    Why wasn't he allowed to take it again?

~

Cat jumping off the balcony and then meowing loudly and angrily because she can't get back up and won't stop until I go downstairs and let madam in.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Why wasn't he allowed to take it again?
                      Apparently you can only take it online three times (in a year?). If you fail all three times, you must go in to the DMV to take it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Really? Here, there's no difference in the license test; you test in whichever you can drive (or want to, if you know both) and your license is good for both of them. Obviously, if you only know automatic, you probably don't want to drive manual without someone teaching you first, but you don't have to test on it. I learned manual in an afternoon, many years after getting my license.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          Really? Here, there's no difference in the license test; you test in whichever you can drive (or want to, if you know both) and your license is good for both of them. Obviously, if you only know automatic, you probably don't want to drive manual without someone teaching you first, but you don't have to test on it. I learned manual in an afternoon, many years after getting my license.
                          In most of Europe, if you only have an automatic licence, you're not allowed to drive a manual, which quite frankly is a very good idea, because people who can only drive automatic and then think that it'll be no problem at all driving manual always end up being very, very wrong...
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

if i passed in a manual i could drive the auto on that licence, but it doesnt work the other way round here
                            edit: totally agree with Goose on that
                            Last edited by pookey; 27 April 2012, 11:57 AM. Reason: cant spell edit
                            sigpic

Comment

We don't have separate licenses for auto and manual. Then again, most people here -- to my knowledge -- tend not to think "oh, manual won't be any problem and I don't need to learn it". Many Americans who only know auto think manual is a lot harder than it is, and it scares them.

It scared me, until I was taught how to drive one, but it only took me a couple of hours to learn. I haven't driven manual in years now, because the clutch pedal gave my bad knee fits, but it was kind of fun when I did.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Here you can drive both if you have a license for manual, but if you only have a license for automatic you can only drive automatic. Overall, most people who drive automatic are disabled in one way or another (or they're foreigners who only have a valid automatic license) and manual is the standard. A friend of mine recently started driver's lessons and the company she used had an automatic for the first few lessons, so it wasn't too overwhelming all at once and then depending on how confident they felt they would move to a regular, manual car. That's actually quite rare and none of us had heard of it before.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X