No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My time is the most precious though. Just so everyone knows. Ukko!!
    sigpic

Comment

Having a doctor's appointment at the earliest possible hour (which is usually 0825 hours or 0900 hours for me) and then still having to wait for at least ten minutes before they can see you. How can they possible be behind on schedule when you're the first patient?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
        My time is the most precious though. Just so everyone knows. Ukko!!
        *insert facepalm smilie*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          I agree, its like their time is more precious than yours, and its rude
          Exactly!

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Having a doctor's appointment at the earliest possible hour (which is usually 0825 hours or 0900 hours for me) and then still having to wait for at least ten minutes before they can see you. How can they possible be behind on schedule when you're the first patient?
          Hence the one hour wait by the 11:00 appointments...
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
            Hence the one hour wait by the 11:00 appointments...
            Yep, once I'd been waiting for nearly two hours around that time and I was really fed up with it, especially since my actual appointment only took seven minutes Anyway, I finally changed hospitals and these days it's usually no more than ten minutes if I even have to wait; more often than not they tell me to come in when I'm merely dropping my file in the box at the door. Makes it a lot more pleasant.

Although I almost always do manage to miraculously get the day off on one of the appointments I had to make months earlier, without knowing my schedule (hence always asking for the first spot)... It's no fun to have to hurry early in the morning on your day off!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I got a 9am appointment at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) on my first day in weeks I didn't have to get up early, so still did. Amazingly the appt. only took 15 minutes to get my license renewed, but they still must be the most unfriendly lot of people that I've dealt with.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                *insert facepalm smilie*
                I am the Ukko.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                  I got a 9am appointment at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) on my first day in weeks I didn't have to get up early, so still did. Amazingly the appt. only took 15 minutes to get my license renewed, but they still must be the most unfriendly lot of people that I've dealt with.
                  My son is testing to get his learner's permit. Once he gets it, we have to go to the DMV for the actual photo ID, of course. Mind, he's in school and the DMV is not open week-ends or holidays. If we go in when he gets home from school, we'll be waiting until they close probably to get the ID. So even though he's not supposed to miss school unless he's sick, we have to keep him out (by the time he gets it, the school day will be half over) or wait until summer.

If they stayed open later and worked week-ends (at least Saturdays), it might be that the lines wouldn't be so long and no one would be as stressed.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Wow. Here in Ohio, the DMV doesn't do appointments for license renewals or really anything else, only for the testing necessary to getting a license in the first place. And it's open on Saturdays, at least in many locations, and also has some locations with hours that go until 6pm or later on certain days of the week. Who knew they were actually doing it right???

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

People who consider Fibromyalgia to be just a figment of the sufferer's mind and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        My son is testing to get his learner's permit. Once he gets it, we have to go to the DMV for the actual photo ID, of course. Mind, he's in school and the DMV is not open week-ends or holidays. If we go in when he gets home from school, we'll be waiting until they close probably to get the ID. So even though he's not supposed to miss school unless he's sick, we have to keep him out (by the time he gets it, the school day will be half over) or wait until summer.

If they stayed open later and worked week-ends (at least Saturdays), it might be that the lines wouldn't be so long and no one would be as stressed.
                        took me 3 tries to pass the driving test necessary for my permit to become a license

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          took me 3 tries to pass the driving test necessary for my permit to become a license
                          He's already failed it three times. Now, we're going to have to bring him to the DMV to test for his permit.
                          sigpic

Comment

My sister failed the first driver's test because she left her permit at home. We never giver her a break for that one. I passed my first time...but barely
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I passed my driver's license road test on the first try. When I told my mom, she was almost jealous, because she'd learned to drive when I was 6 years old, and had taken her test from the same guy... and he failed her on her first attempt.

Yes, I was amused at her reaction.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I passed my first time as a teen. Later, when we moved and I had to take it again, I failed the first time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X