Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New work peeve.

As I've said before, my job entails collating old documents. So when I'm finished a pile, I put a rubber band at the top and one at the bottom to secure them.

And I keep running out.

I'd probably get more work done if I didn't have to go and scrounge some off my Team Lead every couple of hours.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I have a rubber band ball at work but than I hate taking one off so I always tell people I don't actually have any.

So you're lucky you're not my colleague.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Moving into a new place and can't take a shower.

Comment

Returning to the subject of people inflicting weird names on their kids.

Maxiumus Smith...

Ok, fair enough you can shorten it to Max. But seriously?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
            Moving into a new place and can't take a shower.
            Kinda like coming home from vacation, knowing you're going to be cold cause different weather than at the holiday spot but then finding out that your heating went on the fritz so it's "cold turkey" cold instead.

Comment

Gripe, grumble, grrrrrrrrrrr. Computer that keeps rebooting when trying to view GW forums, because the ads bump the computer into reboot mode. Happens on you-tube, too. Had to disable the ads, just to get onto GW and post this. First time back on here in weeks. So, if I don't get to post again, that's probably why. Seems I can't even read anything on the forums any more with the ads running, because of this. Can't screen capture it either, when everything just got wiped out, period.

Okay... enough of my rant. Have fun everyone.

Comment

Apparently, according to my team lead at work, one of the higher ups doesn't like the way I've got my workspace set up.

What specifically they're objecting to, I've no idea.

Surely, as long as I'm at work on time every day and do my job the best I can, who cares if my stuff is laid out differently to everybody else?
                sigpic

Comment

My biggest pet peeve right now is my work telling me I can't have a personal opinion. I tried giving my personal opinion at work tonight, and was promptly told that if it doesn't come from the company, then keep your opinions to yourself. Grrrrrrrr! X(
                  Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                  (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Colleagues... not all of them but most... especially those who are convinced that what I do is far simpler than I make it out to be.

And no, I still can't make copies of myself to do all the tasks you want me to do at once.

Comment

I have a few. But two mainly.

First is dead weight and I mean the kind of dead weight in which said individual is sand bagging/being lazy forcing someone else to do it so that they can just play games or watch shows on their phone.

Second is inflated egos. I really don't care about your age, gender, beliefs, or work experience. If you can do the job better then me then I have no problem sitting back and letting you do your thing. But if my job is to teach you how to do the job and you're giving me attitude like you're better then this and everything else is beneath you then you better show me something or sit down and shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan View Post
                        Second is inflated egos. I really don't care about your age, gender, beliefs, or work experience. If you can do the job better then me then I have no problem sitting back and letting you do your thing. But if my job is to teach you how to do the job and you're giving me attitude like you're better then this and everything else is beneath you then you better show me something or sit down and shut up.
                        I so very second this one.

Comment

My pet peeve: When people use the definite article before proper names, such as: "the USS Enterprise", "the Enterprise-D", "the iPhone 13", "the Ford Edsel", and so on. I mean, proper names are definite already, like people's names, so they do not require the definite article, which would be superfluous; neither are "USS", "Enterprise", and "Ford" modifiers.

With the iPhone, things are trickier, because the letter i is the modifier of the word Phone, like with the telephone, but most people miss it completely.

the iPhone (category of product) is correct, and so is iPhone 13 (proper name), while "the iPhone 13" is not.

USS Enterprise (proper name) is correct, "the USS Enterprise" is not.

Consider it similar to Dr. Spock.

Enterprise-D (proper name) is correct, "the Enterprise-D" is not.

Edit: Italics are mine only, meant for emphasis.
                          • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                          • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                          • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Good luck getting through text written by a non-native speaker then.

Comment

Going through multiple rounds of interviews for jobs you’re highly qualified for and them asking for everything under the sun over a span of months, practically telling you you’ve got the job, and then just ghosting you….you know…hypothetically​​​​​…
                              Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Or they found someone internally instead but had to open it up to the public because that's how work laws are made.

(this has actually happened in companies I worked for -- not to me personally)

I have one to add these days.

Clients who drag access to applications we need to develop their automatic processes. Goddess, it's annoying as hell but hey, it's their money they're wasting on our consultancy fees.

Comment

Working...
                                X