Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    I've gone on at some length about people at the cinema who show up late and make a big deal out of finding their seats, but today's effort really takes the cake.

There I was, watching the new Bond film "No Time to Die".
    It gets to around three quarters of the way through, Bond and the villain are about to have their climactic showdown, when a group of at least a dozen assorted adults, teens, and kids appear and start clomping up the stairs - before suddenly realising that they were in the wrong screen, and clomping back out again.

Where has this dip in people's reading comprehension come from?
    Errmm... yeah... okay...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

DEAR TACO BELL

If your dining room doors are unlocked, I am going to come in and make my order. Because when your dining room doors are unlocked, it means your danged dining room is OPEN FOR BUSINESS, do not tell me while I am in the middle of my order that you are DRIVE THRU only, If you are indeed drive through only, PUT IT IN THE WINDOWS AND LOCK THE DINING ROOM DOORS!

I am sick and tired of this over emphasis on drive though and contact free services. Get a smegging spine already please!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        I am sick and tired of this over emphasis on drive though and contact free services. Get a smegging spine already please!
        *lives in a country where everything was shut for months*

*shrug*

Comment

Events clashing is my pet peeve of the day.

I've already got a ticket to see Jools Hollands and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra play at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre in mid July.

However, I just found out that one of my favourite bands, elbow, is also playing Edinburgh on the same date on the Edinburgh Castle esplanade.

Dammit!
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Not allowing a family member live with you because he/she makes too much money. Not saying property is rent controlled.

Comment

Recently started a new job, which is great. The only downside is the 15min walk - uphill - from the bus stop to the building I work in.

But that's not my peeve.

Broadly speaking, my job is to collate packets of old paperwork, remove any paperclips, staples etc., and generally tidy the stuff up a bit before it goes to another department for scanning into a digital archive.

What bothers me is the state of some of the papers, tears, holes, missing corners.

There's little cards as well, and you'll get a block of maybe a dozen stapled together then taped at the top.

I have to carefully remove the tape, unpick the staples, separate each individual card, and make sure there's no adhesive residue on them before I put them on the pile for scanning.

And it annoys me because it takes so much time. Normally I can do between 50 and 60 packets a day, but now I'm down to mid 40s.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

LOL! I'm sorry... I'm thinking of all those colleagues who love their staples.

Comment

*Grumbles in Chinese mixed with Arabian* Stupid phishing scams! I got a email apparently from Paypal, but when I looked at it, everything was so very fake. There was no way it was really from paypal, so I looked them up {paypal directly, I've never been to their site before but I have heard so many good things about it} and had to figure out how to send them the notice of the scam email. Sadly there is no caontact them form like most sites have to register complaints.

Anyhow I found the desired email to send them the fake emila I received {NOTE: I do not have a paypal account,.I have been tempted to get one though}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Paypal is a favorite among phishers... I have a paypal account -- I dubbed it my lazy-pay-account when I'm ordering take-out. You know, when I'm too lazy to get up and find my phone or my physical cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      LOL! I'm sorry... I'm thinking of all those colleagues who love their staples.
                      Yesterday, I swear, there was one with twenty staples. Twenty!!!! I counted them!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yesterday, I swear, there was one with twenty staples. Twenty!!!! I counted them!

Someone with a staple-fetish

Comment

And who are these weirdos that put staples in a single piece of paper?
                          sigpic

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves is I work at McDonald's, and people think that even though we're a fast food restaurant, we're not fast right now because no one wants to work there. They get mad, swear, and act like two year-olds, throwing a temper tantrum sometimes if they don't get their food immediately. I had one guy just two days ago come through my ordering lane and order food. As he was waiting, he got more and more fed up, and finally said, "The line at a sperm bank moves faster than this!" I heard every word, and I told him over the speaker that we're going as fast as we can with what we have. Finally he got to my window and I asked our First Assistant Manager to handle it. She did, and he got pissed, swearing and yelling, and she told him all we were doing was our best, we weren't treating him disrespectfully and such, but he refused to listen and drove away without his food.

We, along with other restaurants in town, are so short-handed because no one wants to work, or they don't stay long enough. I've worked at McDonald's for over 10 years, and it's not that bad of a place to work. Many people make it their careers. But many see it as a way to make their mortgage payments, pay for their groceries and meds, etc. We are human beings just like you, just trying to make a living, even at minimum wage. Please treat us with respect, and you'll get respect in return. And please don't be mad at us because we seem slow. We're doing the best we can with what we have and who we have, too.
                            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                              One of my biggest pet peeves is I work at McDonald's, and people think that even though we're a fast food restaurant, we're not fast right now because no one wants to work there. They get mad, swear, and act like two year-olds, throwing a temper tantrum sometimes if they don't get their food immediately. I had one guy just two days ago come through my ordering lane and order food. As he was waiting, he got more and more fed up, and finally said, "The line at a sperm bank moves faster than this!" I heard every word, and I told him over the speaker that we're going as fast as we can with what we have. Finally he got to my window and I asked our First Assistant Manager to handle it. She did, and he got pissed, swearing and yelling, and she told him all we were doing was our best, we weren't treating him disrespectfully and such, but he refused to listen and drove away without his food.
                              Just tell them you do not serve left-overs, each order is freshly cooked, & takes time.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

And who are these weirdos that put staples in a single piece of paper?
                                Maybe they just like to staple... ... they like the sound of the click.

Comment

Working...
                                X