No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of reminds me the other day when I was putting my product up front by the cash registers and I saw this lady throwing a fit about the lack of cashiers and didn't want to use self-checkout
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Then go through the cashier. They may not weigh your products, but they can see them. The scales exist for a reason, and yes they frustrate me sometimes but stores need to keep track of things as most ordering is now automated rather than done by a person like it used to be.

Get over it, we are doing our best under lockdown conditions and you folks just want to whine about it.
      How about we just shut up shop and the GP can just piss off?
      No food? Not our problem.
      Or are the people you have treated like crap suddenly "essential"?
      We are more on the front lines than nurses and doctors, they deal with the sick, and we have NO idea about any person who walks into the store might have as a carrier. But sure, blame us for not having what you want, when you want it.
      I believe you are transferring your current frustrations in your job to me. I don't treat these people like crap. I know damned well that they are peons. (Def. A person who has to stand there and get peed on.) I've done many things to put food on the table during my life, and one of them is retail.

Sure, if someone starts up with me, or is like the previously discussed employees in home repair stores, I will go off on them. But overall, I'm well aware that those jobs are generally miserable and the practices of the store are not theirs.

Comment

On the topic of self checkouts, I dont like using them because once I do use one, and figure it out, how the thing works, I go back, and they 1} updated the software so nothing works the way it did when I first used it2} only have ONE self checkout working

Quite personally I hate the idea of self checkouts, chasiers are there for a reason and now they want to ditch them for self checkouts ?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I believe you are transferring your current frustrations in your job to me. I don't treat these people like crap. I know damned well that they are peons. (Def. A person who has to stand there and get peed on.) I've done many things to put food on the table during my life, and one of them is retail.

Sure, if someone starts up with me, or is like the previously discussed employees in home repair stores, I will go off on them. But overall, I'm well aware that those jobs are generally miserable and the practices of the store are not theirs.
          Your actions contradict your. If you respected retail people, you wouldn't be calling them a subhuman and chimpanzee because they didn't know where one part in a store was located
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Your actions contradict your. If you respected retail people, you wouldn't be calling them a subhuman and chimpanzee because they didn't know where one part in a store was located
            Did you read the discussion? These were two store employees, assigned to that department whose job it was to help customers with that type of product. One of 'em is too lazy to look for a very common item which common sense says they have to have, and the other responded with what's that when asked about a very common tool. I'm sorry, but that is absurd, particularly when the discussion started out as why brick and mortar retail is driving customers to the online retailers.

Comment

Not really their only job unless they are a cashier which isn't really the point. No one deserves to be called what you called them. Like many customers, you don't seem to comprehend most of these people are juggling 5 or more tasks.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                Quite personally I hate the idea of self checkouts, chasiers are there for a reason and now they want to ditch them for self checkouts ?

DOES NOT COMPUTE
                Couldn't agree more. I only use the damn things if I've no other option.

Say there's a dozen of them in a large supermarket, ninety nine times out of a hundred there's only one staff member assigned to keep an eye on them.

That's eleven regular checkouts the supermarket doesn't have to build, and eleven people per shift that the supermarket doesn't have to employ to work at them.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Couldn't agree more. I only use the damn things if I've no other option.
                  I won't even use them then. If they can't pay someone to ring up and bag my order, I'll go elsewhere or buy it online.

Comment

All this self serving whining is merely proving my (and Jel's) point.
                    We in stores are not huge fans of the SCO's, we have lost colegues and friends due to this form of streamlining but it is NOT on us. We didn't get a say in this, it was the CEO's and CFO's that did.
                    Just STOP taking it out on us, we don't need it, or deserve it.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Self checkout don't really bother me. Doesn't affect my job or my co-workers. I tend to go to a cashier for a few things and a cashier for my week of groceries
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Self checkout don't really bother me. Doesn't affect my job or my co-workers. I tend to go to a cashier for a few things and a cashier for my week of groceries
                        Remember dude, I have been in retail for 20 plus years, so I tend to notice it more.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't work for the grocery store so it can't affect me. I'm a beverage vendor
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

You know what I miss about shops from when I was a kid? Those massive manual cash registers. The ones that looked like they weighed half a ton.

The cashier presses the keys and there's this meaty sounding CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK-WHIRRRRRRRR KA-KLUNK before the cash drawer rattles open.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              The cashier presses the keys and there's this meaty sounding CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK-WHIRRRRRRRR KA-KLUNK before the cash drawer rattles open.
                              And the sound of the paper being printed....
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes! In that weird purple ink.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X