Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tainted - my indie sci-fi drama SG fans might like!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tainted - my indie sci-fi drama SG fans might like!

Icon2.jpg

Huge Stargate fan here - mainly SG-1 and SGU, but it's largely possible SGA fans will be onboard with this as well - I'm making an independent sci-fi webseries that, in the second half of the 12-episode first season, will have the same adventurous feel as classic SG-1. I don't want to spoil the story so I can't say how it will.

Tainted follows a group of 18-21 year olds who become embroiled in a supernatural conspiracy where the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. If that sounds interesting, please watch this 3-minute pilot, and if you're still onboard after that, subscribe to the YouTube channel and like our Facebook page.

It's nice... A couple of criticisms...

1. The music could be better; it has a dramatic flair but in no way did it make the scenes stand out.
    2. Better camera angles. I don't know if you were trying to replicate SGU or give it that supernatural flair but alot of these camera angles scream amateur.
    3. Better transitions. There are a lot of moments where the transitions aren't smooth... I understand if you don't have the resources but it could flow a little better.
    4. More purpose of scenes. The way it's filmed, it gives the impression that there isn't much purpose to the scenes; some of them may be intentional but even the mysterious scenes in other shows have purpose.
    5. This isn't a pilot episode, this is a teaser. Keep this in mind.

Overall, not bad; if I had more then three minutes then I would have a more broad opinion but so far, not bad. It could use a bit of tinkering here and there.
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
    X