This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Monitor Setups, Who has one?

Well now got a Dual Monitor thanks to my uncle, a LG Flatron Widescreen Monitor with an older HP Monitor.

I'm going to have to get used to using dual monitors, but the quality on the LG Monitor -Digital- is awesome and the kicker here is it came from my uncle's place so I didn't have to pay anything for it.

Already know what I'll be using these monitors for and that's for movies on one and normal web browsing on the other.-beautiful thing is now can enjoy many of the Sci-Fi shows I have in Beautiful Digital HQ/HD Quality and 5.1 Sound now.

http://rborg42.wordpress.com/2012/03...tor-setup-now/

So anyone else have a dual monitor setup?

I feel quite geeky now for some reason.
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

I did it for quite a while, but for the last almost-year I've just had my tower hooked up to my TV.

...but this thread is tempting me to hook up my monitor as well
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Love it already, can now enjoy Stargate Atlantis in HQ HD/5.1 Surround Sound..not to mention other shows like Dr.Who, Babylon 5, Stargate Universe,SG-1, Battlestar Galactica and all the Trek Series and movies.Z

Course now I need to get a fan set up or have my own ceiling fan going at max cause it'll get warmer in here now and just took that top PC Tower off the bottom one so still have to get that set up for that or just move it over to the corner.

The way the room's set up I have to do some planning to move things around or even to add new things in it's a pain.
      Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

Comment

i actually run three normally. a 27" in the middle with a 17" on each side. got them all for dirt cheap, barely $200 total for them all. i use the center for gaming/general use. i keep my music program open on the left and email/virtualization/widgets,etc on the right one.

welcome to the brotherhood!

Comment

side note: yeah, my room is cold when i get home from work but after these things are turned on for a little while, it definitely heats right up. ceiling fan seems to do the trick!

Comment

The Kicker here people is this: I got both these monitors Free.

One came from the thrift store, and the other from my uncle who said it'd been sitting in his attic unused they're getting ready to move so we've inherited some tech from them [A BIG Projection Sony HDTV that we haven't gotten set up yet that will replace our old TV In the living room] for one that they didn't want to move with.

So I've gotten my Tech from my uncle, Camera, Monitor, 3 Computers,Keyboard,Mouse, the old Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 Sound System that works great with the older Computer.

-2.1 Sound on the old Windows XP PC and 5.1 on this new one.

Only things I've had to pay for are my Speakers and a few other tech pieces.

I'm either lucky or just spoiled as heck.

The HP Monitor has been getting warmer as of late and wouldn't mind finding an LG Brand Montior of the same size cause the Silver looks kinda off with other monitor being black.

Right now got the Desktop pic on the LG Monitor:the SGU Series gate.

Check it out here!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one
              I use one monitor for internet and these things, and the other one is for watching DVDs. My TV is old and small, and I would need to buy a DVD player anyway, so that's a good solution.

Sometimes I run the Matrix screensaver just for the look of it.
              sigpic

Comment

When i have my laptop on the desk i hook it up to the monitor but i usually just stick to the laptop screen and put command prompt with green writing echo off then clear the screen just cause it kind of looks like i hacked into the matrix or i put the stargate sim on usually the SGC dialing computer so when i get bred i can play around with it
                sigpic

Comment

why would you need more then one ?
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    why would you need more then one ?
                    It actually helps a great deal if you do a lot of work on the computer. (As in, you make your living off of it.) You can have different, complementary programs running simultaneously and read results without having to flip between windows on one monitor.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Plus it's great for watching movies or shows [like Top Gear and Stargate!] if your 2nd Monitor is better than your main one you use while you work.

Check it out here!

Comment

I wish I had the table space for two screens. My school has them in their computer labs and I find them very useful. I often need to copy something down and its easier to not have to switch windows.

Comment

I've got a laptop and a huge monitor. This is great for Photoshop and Illustrator, and any thing like music you want to have open while working. All the palates are on the lp and I have loads of room on the monitor for photos. I can have several open at the same time, great when comparing photos, etc.

I also watch shows or films here. I want to hook up my very nice TV, but it's way over there and I have to figure that out. I'll get to it eventually. As I write this, I am scanning negatives, and visiting GW while I wait for the scans. When it comes to computer screen space, you can never have too much real estate.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                            It actually helps a great deal if you do a lot of work on the computer. (As in, you make your living off of it.) You can have different, complementary programs running simultaneously and read results without having to flip between windows on one monitor.
                            i would get confused lol
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

My husband has our computer set up so that it uses the computer monitor or the 52 inch HDTV. The computer is next to our tv and the kids can play their computer games on the TV. It's hooked up with HDMI, our video card is HDMI and we have wireless controllers. I've used the tv to watch tv shows that had messed up recordings on my PVR and was able to go to the tv station's website to watch the episode there, we can watch movie trailers from the net and other stuff we do. It's a good setup because my husband also has his awesome sound system hooked up with the computer so our computer games not only look drool worthy but now they sound drool worthy (the sound hook up is recent).
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X