This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firsts

this game is basically saying the first thing you did like first job can be really fun and funny
    my first sport was Cricket
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

first time I rode a bike.... oh wait, that actually hasn't happened yet. That's correct. I'm 35 and I have never done anything with a bicycle. That's what happens when you live in an area where driving is an absolute necessity.
    sigpic

Comment

First sport was American football. Love it to this day!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        first time I rode a bike.... oh wait, that actually hasn't happened yet. That's correct. I'm 35 and I have never done anything with a bicycle. That's what happens when you live in an area where driving is an absolute necessity.
        Wow, net even as a child? First time I rode a bike was around my fourth birthday, when I got my first real bike. It's one of my earliest memories and the bike (this cute little red thing with white tires) is still somewhere on my mother's attic
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I remember the first time.... I saw a "The first time you ever...." thread, oh wait I don't as there has been so many of them .

Comment

Ok, let's see... my first job was packing customers' bags in Asda (that's the UK's Wal-mart), and my first concert was Rick Wakeman.
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

My first sport? football, but that soon went by the way side for rugby league and to a lesser extent cricket.
              sigpic
              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
              Metal gear fan

Comment

Not even on a sidewalk or driveway as a kid? Yikes! I had my first bicycle before I started kindergarten.

My first big family vacation involved going to Florida to visit relatives.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

From what I can remember, my first sport was Soccer. Wasn't particularly a fan of it but I did play it the best that I can.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

My first bike was an old BMX.. I don't remember where it came from.. The way my street was laid out there was an area of grass with two trees on it with two houses on each of three sides and a row of parking spaces and the road on the fourth.. I spent hours each day trying to ride it around the grass, I was about 7 or 8 at the time, I think... It felt like I was out there for months.. although it was probably just the summer holidays (which seems like it goes on forever when you're seven ) and when I finally got my balance and was able to ride It was the greatest moment of my life All that hard work paid off and it was definitely worth it

Then not long afterwards while out with my friends we came across this huge and very steep hill... With bollards and one of those fences that cover half the path on one side and then another fence that covers the other side a few feet back.. obviously intended to kill anyone attempting to ride though it..

And as I said my bike was old.. and it didn't have any brakes.. So going down the hill at speed, which was exciting and with no sense of danger I was just enjoying the ride Until.. the bollards.. And you can guess what happened next..

Comment

My first sport was soccer

Comment

The first sport I really enjoyed was baseball.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                        Not even on a sidewalk or driveway as a kid? Yikes! I had my first bicycle before I started kindergarten.

My first big family vacation involved going to Florida to visit relatives.
                        Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        My first bike was an old BMX.. I don't remember where it came from.. The way my street was laid out there was an area of grass with two trees on it with two houses on each of three sides and a row of parking spaces and the road on the fourth.. I spent hours each day trying to ride it around the grass, I was about 7 or 8 at the time, I think... It felt like I was out there for months.. although it was probably just the summer holidays (which seems like it goes on forever when you're seven ) and when I finally got my balance and was able to ride It was the greatest moment of my life All that hard work paid off and it was definitely worth it

Then not long afterwards while out with my friends we came across this huge and very steep hill... With bollards and one of those fences that cover half the path on one side and then another fence that covers the other side a few feet back.. obviously intended to kill anyone attempting to ride though it..

And as I said my bike was old.. and it didn't have any brakes.. So going down the hill at speed, which was exciting and with no sense of danger I was just enjoying the ride Until.. the bollards.. And you can guess what happened next..
                        I was actually set up to learn how to drive a car form a very young age. My dad in particular was big set on that mindset. Consequently, the idea of riding a bike actually never really occurred to me. I don't remember my brother riding a bike either.
                        sigpic

Comment

my first GF was Clara in grade 5
                          sigpic
                          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I was actually set up to learn how to drive a car form a very young age. My dad in particular was big set on that mindset. Consequently, the idea of riding a bike actually never really occurred to me. I don't remember my brother riding a bike either.
                            See, I can't even imagine the idea of driving a car someday being in any way connected with whether or not a child would ride a bicycle. They weren't really seen as equivalent where I'm from. Bikes were for playing and exercise, and the fact that we kids used them as a means to get around faster than walking alone would have done was strictly a side benefit. I grew up in a rural neighborhood, so adults really couldn't go places without driving... but for a kid, being able to bike in the driveway or up and down the road to a friend's house was just something we all took for granted.

After all, it wasn't as if any of us could go and get driver's licenses until at least the age of 16 anyway...

(Later, bicycling did turn out to be a form of transportation for me, as I didn't have a car during my early college years, and at that time I lived in town where you actually could accomplish most things with a bike or on the bus. But that was never on anyone's mind when I was a kid.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

!

My first concert was Rammstein .

Comment

Working...
                              X