This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    The answer to that question just happened to someone I know and has an Android and a regular gmail account.
    All of the person's personal phone numbers, business numbers, whatever phone number is stored in the droid has suddenly transferred over to their gmail account without the person being aware of it occurring. Now, that same person is seriously considering ditching their droid for a less *smarty* phone with less features.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    It only takes a few clicks to change the settings on an Android phone so the data don't merge. I have mine set up not to merge them.
    thanks for *changing the settings* suggestion
    I think he's ditching his Android regardless, due to only needing less features, thus possibly
    being cheaper per month in cost. I wonder how many other folks might end up doing the same..?

Comment

can someone tell me how to delete my google profile
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
        can someone tell me how to delete my google profile
        http://support.google.com/accounts/b...n&answer=32046
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i want to delete my profile and keep my current YT account
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            http://support.google.com/accounts/b...n&answer=32046

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            i want to delete my profile and keep my current YT account
            I went in to look and found a link in the sidebar labeled "BASICS". On the page that comes up there is a list of info on how to edit various chunks of your account. Not sure how to do this, as I didn't read any further.

Spoiler:
            (info below from Google's Accounts Help page)

Basics
            It's easy to edit or delete your Google Account.

Editing your account
            To edit your account, just sign in on the Google Accounts homepage. Here's the account information you can edit and the steps to change it:

Email address
            Click the Edit link next to 'Email addresses' to edit the email address (username) associated with your account. It's not possible to change your username if you use Gmail. Learn more

Password
            Click the Changing your password link next to 'Security,' and follow the instructions on the page to select a new password. For more information on security and safety, check out Google's Safety Center.

Personal name, nickname, home country, or time zone
            To change your personal name, nickname, home country, or time zone, click the Edit link located next to 'Email addresses.'

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
            It only takes a few clicks to change the settings on an Android phone so the data don't merge. I have mine set up not to merge them.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            thanks for *changing the settings* suggestion
            I think he's ditching his Android regardless, due to only needing less features, thus possibly
            being cheaper per month in cost. I wonder how many other folks might end up doing the same..?
            ok, bad news there is that the person did change his settings to block the info from being "merged," but someone on the other techy end switched the settings back. This went on several times over several days/weeks, so the person attempting to block gmail from grabbing all of the Android data, decided to ditch the Droid, and I think also ditched gmail, as well.

Comment

Just an updated FYI. For anyone who has gmail and has not included a phone number with their account--

It seems GOOGLE is desperate for everyone's phone number! Before accessing one's gmail account, a page now pops up with a request to ADD Phone number (mobile or whatever). If you select the SKIP button, and it's in super tiny font that is barely legible on the page, another POP-UP screen comes up in BIG FAT lettering, asking if you REALLY WANT TO SKIP adding a phone number.

For crying out loud, I'm sure that page will keep popping up until you cave in and give them what they want. Anyone desiring to resist the temptation, DO look for the SKIP button or whatever Google/gmail will rename it to. I have a suspicion they will do whatever it takes to make their gmail customers cave in and give in -- even if it means removing the skip button. Of course, is that when folks call them up personally and tell them to delete the account forever?!

So much for using the place as a spare storage for archiving emails. *sigh*

Comment

Fraking FB locked me out of my account today for no damnn good reason. They asked me to log in on a computer I no longer have to prove who I am or get this............... scan in my photo ID. **** that.

Thank goodness I have a second account. They will never get me to upload my photo ID onto the internet to them. One more thing and I done with them for good.
                Posting at.............
                http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

hmmmm....I have it set so that when I log into FB from a different computer....which mine sometimes registers as if I've had to clear out the cookies for whatever reason all I have to do is enter a 6-digit code that they text to to my phone

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    hmmmm....I have it set so that when I log into FB from a different computer....which mine sometimes registers as if I've had to clear out the cookies for whatever reason all I have to do is enter a 6-digit code that they text to to my phone
                    They gave me no such option.
                    Posting at.............
                    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      that's because you already gave them (TPTB at FB) your phone number.
                      Gmail never got mine (phone number), because the account got started before it became optional to mandatory.
                      And I don't like getting text messages by the dozen from the non-family zone. I also have a limited plan, and have to pay for all unwanted text messages, whether or not I know the other persona/org or not.

PS--the invisible goblins are back eating posts again! I had to copy/paste this back in.

Comment

Working...
                      X