Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I do have a request, but I don't know if it can be done, I , like every one else here, have ben at the same level for a while, so I would like to request a promotion, for my self, and everyone else on the board, no matter how long they have ben here, weather they are a newbie or a MOD, I am sure you mods don't really care about such things, but we lowly borns are interested in it, so if you can make it happen, then HURRAY!, if not, just do me then, thanks.

Comment

Some forums count all posts towards privileges whatever the topic.GW is a little different.
      Darren wanted us all to focus our time on Stargate originally,and then expanded the Forums to reward posts in all but the OT Chatter section.
      In time,some of us earned a high post count,but even the mods began on zero.

In OT we can talk about almost any subject as long as the Forum rules are followed.If this section were to be a "Post-Count" area,the Mods would have to be far stricter on non-topic chit chat and other issues covered by the FAQ.Quid pro quo.

If you and others want Darren to consider changing any of his policies: e-mail him at his webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address with your suggestions and feedback.

Anyhoo...seeing promotions aren't possible at this point,what I can do is wish you Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.Have a Green!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Bagpuss - I can't green you so if you would shower yourself that would be awesome.

I'll be back with a list too cause I have a fair few folks in mind - I give out solstice greetings and happy new years.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Bagpuss - I can't green you so if you would shower yourself that would be awesome.

I'll be back with a list too cause I have a fair few folks in mind - I give out solstice greetings and happy new years.
          *steals FH's list yesterday morning*
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

You saying Baggy stinks ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              Shower with green of course...

Comment

To echo what Baggie said, it's normal practice on this forum for those that live in Off Topic to progress more slowly than those that participate in the rest of the forum. As you can tell by the name, this forum was started to center around Stargate, with other shows filling in and off topic being a side dish, so to speak. Here but certainly not the main event.
                And he has never been fond of rewarding off topic chit chat with the perks associated with those posting on topic content that would help to grow the forum.
                While some things have changed with the Stargate franchise ending/talking a long hiatus, his opinion about off topic has not changed.
                It's a trade off. Participate in rule abiding on topic conversation and a user progresses. Stay in off topic and not so much. Given that there are hundreds of other forums out there, some specializing in religious, political and current events, people that wish to spend their time on those topics would have plenty of other options to explore.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  ...for those that live in Off Topic...
                  Some even becoming permanent fixtures.

Comment

just splatter everyone with green from me if you can

Comment

Bring in the green paint!!

Comment

A seasonal greening list:
                        Baggie
                        RodneyIsGodney
                        MrsCopterDoc
                        Falcon Horus
                        Grace
                        Baliey1ak
                        aretood2
                        Baggie............
                        Pookey
                        PH
                        Jelgate
                        Annoyed
                        Garhkal
                        Falcon Horus........
                        Baggie...........
                        SGallissa
                        Womble
                        Starfist
                        Imzadi
                        Baggie...............
                        Soulreaver
                        Britta
                        Falcon Horus............
                        PH.......
                        Flyattractor
                        MadGater
                        RodneyIsGodney..............
                        Britta

Oh
                        And Baggie
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          Worse than Mr Lister's boxer shorts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            To echo what Baggie said, it's normal practice on this forum for those that live in Off Topic to progress more slowly than those that participate in the rest of the forum. As you can tell by the name, this forum was started to center around Stargate, with other shows filling in and off topic being a side dish, so to speak. Here but certainly not the main event.
                            And he has never been fond of rewarding off topic chit chat with the perks associated with those posting on topic content that would help to grow the forum.
                            While some things have changed with the Stargate franchise ending/talking a long hiatus, his opinion about off topic has not changed.
                            It's a trade off. Participate in rule abiding on topic conversation and a user progresses. Stay in off topic and not so much. Given that there are hundreds of other forums out there, some specializing in religious, political and current events, people that wish to spend their time on those topics would have plenty of other options to explore.
                            It's a clear case of Off Topic Discrimination!!!

I demand a hearing before the Cantina Court!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I´m out of Green and need some help.

Dear Baggy, can you please green all those who are currently active in the DragonCave thread please?
                              Thanks in advance.
                              sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good green. The latter will depend upon the gods (mods) as I can't green anybody at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X