Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see... It's been a while since I've posted in this topic. So, some updates.

NYC,NY mayor DeBlasio wants to start working on a GREEN New Deal for the NY area, by banning "inefficient" steel and most likely not build any new "skyscrapers" unless they are "GREEN deal" compliant. So, is the new "Freedom Tower" going to have some sort of demise in the future?

California wants to stop ALL off-shore (oil) drilling in the Pacific ocean to jump start its version of a GREEN New Deal. But while California is doing that, Iran is threatening to start a war over trade routes in the Persian Gulf (again!).

Add Russia's current presence in the Middle East and China's assistance to Iran, and there is a recipe for future disaster in the making.

I've spent the last few weeks watching and studying information from some amazing videos (ancient artifacts related to Bible stuff with current news discoveries / updates), and totally not related to the above international news. But one of those videos included an interview and comments hinting about a future war involving Russia and the Middle East, according to Ezekiel 38-39 in the Bible. It hasn't been unusual for "war games" to go on in the last decade(s), but one of these days, those so-called "games" are going to be for real. Who's going to get "trigger-happy" first? This is not going to end well, if it starts at all.

"FACTBOX-Strait of Hormuz: the world's most important oil artery"
    Reporting by Ahmad Ghaddar Editing by Edmund Blair
    (Energy section)
    April 23, 2019 / 11:51 AM
    more notes including Russia and China... BTW, author/source doesn't matter. What matters is in the wording at the end of the article.

"Iran Threatens To Close Strait Of Hormuz If US Blocks Its Oil Exports"
    by Tyler Durden
    Mon, 04/22/2019 - 08:31

With oil surging to a six month high after a now confirmed report that Trump will not reissue Iranian oil export waivers after they expire on May 2, removing up to 1 million barrels from the market...

...The U.S. has said it would move to stop any Iranian attempt to block the waterway.

As such, if Trump is indeed serious about not renewing Iran's export waivers, it may launch a sequence of events that culminated with regional war that pits Iran against the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. Whether or not Russia and China back Iran could mean the difference between a localized conflict and World War III.
    So, just as some (Democrat) USA politicians want to impose a GREEN New Deal and expect those who can afford to pay, to go above and beyond with energy improvements, while the rest of us probably get evicted from our own abodes for not upgrading, the rest of the world starts playing war games with oil supplies, which may domino affect other types of consumer commodities price increases, as well.

Anywho, connecting the timeline of the above articles with the videos I saw, there was the possibility that within 3 years, something extremely significant will occur in Israel. This will have a global impact. It was believed that maybe the war described in Ezekiel 38-39 will come after a very specific (antiquities) revelation is revealed from Israel. I saw a few videos interconnected to these events; and if what I saw is the real-deal, then we are on the verge of OMG-sized events. GREEN New Deal is just a (major) side distraction to the main other stuff that will be going on.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Let's see... It's been a while since I've posted in this topic. So, some updates.

NYC,NY mayor DeBlasio wants to start working on a GREEN New Deal for the NY area, by banning "inefficient" steel and most likely not build any new "skyscrapers" unless they are "GREEN deal" compliant. So, is the new "Freedom Tower" going to have some sort of demise in the future?

California wants to stop ALL off-shore (oil) drilling in the Pacific ocean to jump start its version of a GREEN New Deal. But while California is doing that, Iran is threatening to start a war over trade routes in the Persian Gulf (again!).

Add Russia's current presence in the Middle East and China's assistance to Iran, and there is a recipe for future disaster in the making.

I've spent the last few weeks watching and studying information from some amazing videos (ancient artifacts related to Bible stuff with current news discoveries / updates), and totally not related to the above international news. But one of those videos included an interview and comments hinting about a future war involving Russia and the Middle East, according to Ezekiel 38-39 in the Bible. It hasn't been unusual for "war games" to go on in the last decade(s), but one of these days, those so-called "games" are going to be for real. Who's going to get "trigger-happy" first? This is not going to end well, if it starts at all.

more notes including Russia and China... BTW, author/source doesn't matter. What matters is in the wording at the end of the article.

So, just as some (Democrat) USA politicians want to impose a GREEN New Deal and expect those who can afford to pay, to go above and beyond with energy improvements, while the rest of us probably get evicted from our own abodes for not upgrading, the rest of the world starts playing war games with oil supplies, which may domino affect other types of consumer commodities price increases, as well.

Anywho, connecting the timeline of the above articles with the videos I saw, there was the possibility that within 3 years, something extremely significant will occur in Israel. This will have a global impact. It was believed that maybe the war described in Ezekiel 38-39 will come after a very specific (antiquities) revelation is revealed from Israel. I saw a few videos interconnected to these events; and if what I saw is the real-deal, then we are on the verge of OMG-sized events. GREEN New Deal is just a (major) side distraction to the main other stuff that will be going on.
      Relax. The Kindergartner's dreams will never come to pass. They're just the imaginings of a child's idle mind.

NYC: Steel is used for skyscrapers because it's the only material that is structurally strong enough to build them with. without it, you can only build so high. Since NYC is so geographically small, you can't build out flat, so you have to build up higher. Game over, children.

Energy: As in the case of steel, we simply don't have anything that can take the place of petroleum based energy storage at this point in our technological development. Once people realize the ramifications of that, will they vote for a pol that will take such action? Time to put your toys away and put your jammies on, kids.

But in the interim, the Kindergartner and her allies are going to do the nation a great service by driving the voters right back into the arms of Trump, and they've got a good shot of pushing the House back to the Republicans, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Relax. The Kindergartner's dreams will never come to pass. They're just the imaginings of a child's idle mind.

NYC: Steel is used for skyscrapers because it's the only material that is structurally strong enough to build them with. without it, you can only build so high. Since NYC is so geographically small, you can't build out flat, so you have to build up higher. Game over, children.

Energy: As in the case of steel, we simply don't have anything that can take the place of petroleum based energy storage at this point in our technological development. Once people realize the ramifications of that, will they vote for a pol that will take such action? Time to put your toys away and put your jammies on, kids.

But in the interim, the Kindergartner and her allies are going to do the nation a great service by driving the voters right back into the arms of Trump, and they've got a good shot of pushing the House back to the Republicans, too.
        Never say never... (there is a direct link further below to NYC's own *GREEN New Deal*!)
        DeBlasio has already signed on for Meatless Mondays in all NYC public schools starting in the next 2019-2020 school year term for students, if it hasn't started already. Uhhhh, geee. Whatever happened to meatless Fridays, or are the meatless Mondays an additional day of the week for no meat along with Friday? Traditionally, meatless Fridays were for Catholics.

Oh, so in 2012, California started its own meat FREE Mondays in its school systems, already! So, as some folks keep saying-- once California goes (to do something usually "stupid... but thinking it's wise"), there goes NYC/NY and eventually the rest of the USA falls into line as well from either peer pressure or following the Pied Piper's flute and eventually falling over the cliff.

"No Meat on Mondays in Los Angeles"
        By Susan Jones, November 12, 2012, 8:40 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - The Los Angeles City Council is urging all residents to observe "meatless Mondays" from now on.

A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."
        . . .
        Protect the animals? Ever since AOC got elected into Congressional power and was given a voice by the MSM... mentioning about slaughtering all the cows/bulls off the earth "to save the earth!" ...For several months now, there's a maddening *urgency* from *certain* Democrats (AOC) to destroy the animals (cows & bulls cause they're big and fart! and people eat them, and need to stop eating them... so the animals will get slaughtered out of existence...)

hmmmm. DEMs seem to have moved over to Total insanity in their quest for (absolute) "POWER control". Below is the NYC version of the same MeatFree Mondays ruling.

"De Blasio to make Mondays meat-free in schools"
        By DANA RUBINSTEIN
        03/11/2019 05:02 AM EDT

Mayor Bill de Blasio is expected to announce on Monday that New York City schools are no longer serving meat on Mondays to their 1.1 million public school students.

While other cities, including Los Angeles, have taken up meatless Mondays, New York City's is the largest school system in the nation to embrace the cause.

"Cutting back on meat a little will improve New Yorkers' health and reduce greenhouse gas emissions," de Blasio said...
        Well, March 2019 has come and gone. Mayor DeBlasio made his announcement weeks ago, and the call-in talk radio stations have gone sky high with reactions ever since then.

Here is another *good idea* from Mayor DeBlasio...(radio 104.5 Philadelphia, PA)

"NYC To Ban Hot Dogs and Processed Meats To Improve Climate"
        posted by Deanna Moore - Apr 23, 2019

New York City is the first city in the United States to eliminate processed meats.

Mayor Bill de Blasio approved an ambitious $14 billion Green New Deal on Monday, April 22, to combat climate change. The plan will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities...
        Wow... banning HOT DOGS by 50% in the next few years? Screw the NYC hot dog vendors, too? Plus, no more family/picnic BBQ dinners..? How to wean folks OFF this stuff gradually, ehhhh? Guess the baseball parks will have to find some other PROTEIN based food to feed folks during the baseball games. Can't serve Peanuts, or anything with certain nuts in either, because some people will SUE from having Peanut/nut allergies! So, what is left that is nutritious? Certainly not BEER and pretzels. Maybe that is one way to (eventually) discourage people from getting involved with sport games in public places. No junk food, not interested in going.

Here is a link to NYC's GREEN New Deal plans...
        (enjoy what little exists NOW...cause it won't be there later!)
        This is NYC's plans to "confront our climate crisis"... (link might take a few moments to load)
        https://onenyc.cityofnewyork.us/

If the above spreads to the rest of the USA, which is the (U.N.) "PLAN" ...well, that's the anticipated agenda ...also for the whole rest of the world, too..."misery loves company"...so TPTB are going to make certain that will become true for those most unfortunate in this current life's existence. But on the other extreme, don't expect TPTB making these rules up to abide by them, either, if at all beyond public view.

And finally, here is a reinforcement of all of the above, in the DailyMail.co.uk

(NOTE... has an pop-up video ad that automatically starts playing.)

"New York City announces world-first plan to cut red meat supply in municipal buildings by 50 per cent under mayor Bill de Blasio's 'Green New Deal'"
        By George Martin For Mailonline
        Published: 09:04 EDT, 25 April 2019, Updated: 09:27 EDT, 25 April 2019

New York City has announced plans to cut its red meat consumption in half as part of mayor Bill de Blasio's recently approved 'Green New Deal'.

Under the plans, the amount of red meat consumed in municipally-run facilities will be slashed and purchases of processed meats will be phased out in its schools and hospitals by 2040.
        . . .
        New York City Council passed a bill last week enforcing strict new standards on large buildings with the goal of reducing harm to the environment.

Under his Green New Deal plans the city will also be powered by Canadian hydropower and see other measures introduced like mandatory organics recycling, congestion pricing, and the phasing-out of city purchases of single-use plastic food ware and processed meat.

The announcement comes after New York schools adopted Meatless Monday in an effort to encourage students to abstain from consuming meat one day a week to improve their health and the environment.
        Oh my. Next, TPTB will mandate euthanasia to some of us older folks, just because we're breathing TPTB precious "air"...
        Think NOT..? Remember this--Never say never... because when you least expect it, they TPTB just might come up with another doosey of an unwanted "lifestyle" gem!

Rumor claims, TPTB want up to an 80% reduction of breathing life on this planet...that's been stated over and over in different ways for nearly the past decade. So, if 20% of the planet is composed of aggressive power-hungry control freaks, those are the only ones who will survive, if all other tactics fail..? If so, that would be forcing "survival of the fittest".

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          Wow... banning HOT DOGS by 50% in the next few years? Screw the NYC hot dog vendors, too? Plus, no more family/picnic BBQ dinners..? How to wean folks OFF this stuff gradually, ehhhh? Guess the baseball parks will have to find some other PROTEIN based food to feed folks during the baseball games. Can't serve Peanuts, or anything with certain nuts in either, because some people will SUE from having Peanut/nut allergies! So, what is left that is nutritious? Certainly not BEER and pretzels. Maybe that is one way to (eventually) discourage people from getting involved with sport games in public places. No junk food, not interested in going.
          Outrageous! The Americans' global obesity and health issues is a lie! Why would anyone DARE to tackle this problem?

I recall my last trip to NYC, healthy food is ridiculously expensive and I literally never in my life craved healthy food as much as I did at the end of that trip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy

#31 is kind of a sh*tty score for supposedly the most developed country of the world, but hey, at least you guys beat the Czech Republic!
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Outrageous! The Americans' global obesity and health issues is a lie! Why would anyone DARE to tackle this problem?

I recall my last trip to NYC, healthy food is ridiculously expensive and I literally never in my life craved healthy food as much as I did at the end of that trip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy

#31 is kind of a sh*tty score for supposedly the most developed country of the world, but hey, at least you guys beat the Czech Republic!
            What I eat is none of the government's business. If I want to eat a thick juicy steak every night of the week and I can afford to buy them, or jegate wants to devour a pound of bacon every morning, or you want to eat 3,426,000 flies (Lizards eat flies, right?) what business is it of the government?

Comment

What I eat is none of the government's business. If I want to eat a thick juicy steak every night of the week and I can afford to buy them, or jegate wants to devour a pound of bacon every morning, or you want to eat 3,426,000 flies (Lizards eat flies, right?) what business is it of the government?
              It is the business of the Govt because it affects your pockets actually. Over 147 billions per year spent into health-care due to fast food. Exponential growth of obese children in the US. 11 times as much as 1975.

It impacts where your tax money goes so ultimately it impacts your taxes, which will keep growing until that issue is fixed.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9605.html

Health care costs affect family finances in four ways:

the family's share of the health insurance premium (not taxed)
              out-of-pocket spending — e.g., for co-pays, deductibles, and prescriptions
              the employer's share of the health insurance premium (not taxed)
              the portion of the family's federal and state taxes devoted to government health programs — e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, veterans' health care, and public health.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It is the business of the Govt because it affects your pockets actually. Over 147 billions per year spent into health-care due to fast food. Exponential growth of obese children in the US. 11 times as much as 1975.

It impacts where your tax money goes so ultimately it impacts your taxes, which will keep growing until that issue is fixed.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9605.html
                That still doesn't give the govt. the right to tell me what to eat.

Comment

You can eat what you want -- healthy or unhealthy.

The problem is simply that too much food is literally wasted and thrown out so when two cows are slaughtered but only one of them is consumed as far as meat goes, then why did we need to have two cows in the first place? That's the actual thing about meat reduction, and it obviously aids towards reducing those farting gasses.

Maybe we should all start reducing something in our lives instead of complain about "green deals". As long as we don't take responsiblity for our actions, none of those "green deals" will matter much anyway.

I love meat so there's no chance I'm going to give that up any time soon or ever, but I can reduce my use of plastics, reduce my water usage (which we will be forced to do anyway since our water supply is still compromised from last year's hot summer), invest in renewable energy sources, use bike more and my car less (although I still need it to travel back-and-forth to work -- public transport is a mess).

Little changes with bigger consequences.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I thought you were a vegan
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      You can eat what you want -- healthy or unhealthy.

The problem is simply that too much food is literally wasted and thrown out so when two cows are slaughtered but only one of them is consumed as far as meat goes, then why did we need to have two cows in the first place? That's the actual thing about meat reduction, and it obviously aids towards reducing those farting gasses.

Maybe we should all start reducing something in our lives instead of complain about "green deals". As long as we don't take responsiblity for our actions, none of those "green deals" will matter much anyway.

I love meat so there's no chance I'm going to give that up any time soon or ever, but I can reduce my use of plastics, reduce my water usage (which we will be forced to do anyway since our water supply is still compromised from last year's hot summer), invest in renewable energy sources, use bike more and my car less (although I still need it to travel back-and-forth to work -- public transport is a mess).

Little changes with bigger consequences.
                      I myself have substantially reduced energy use for lighting. Once LED bulbs were on the shelf at reasonable costs, I replaced the majority of my incandescent bulbs with them. But that was by MY choice, it wasn't forced upon me. They did the same job, cheaper and better.

But I did NOT buy into the CFL bulbs, because they were a very poor substitute, no matter how much the govt. tried to push them.

Comment

Dude(&tte) in your MAGA Utopia everybody do wtv they want, consume wtv products available at the lowest prices, heat their houses with coal everyday and the world remains a place filled with the purest air with birds signing along with Blanche-Neige and her dwarves buddies dancing ever happily with the Mexicans locked in a fenced area in the background looking creepily happy eating tacos and playing yukulele's.

Guess what Bud. We can't wait for your ungrateful egoistic selfish MAGA ass to come to reason with the implacable fact that we must do something right here right now or we'll all perish slowly but surely. You and your MAGA's won't actually be willing to contribute until you see zombies jumping the fence instead of migrants. But we will force you, bc we can. You are not the majority and your King will lose in 2020.

And someone please tell Uncle Joe to kindly piss off, he's establishment and not progressist enough it's Clinton all over again. We need the Comb or Her Highness AOC right fkn now.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Sorry
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Dude(&tte) in your MAGA Utopia everybody do wtv they want, consume wtv products available at the lowest prices, heat their houses with coal everyday and the world remains a place filled with the purest air with birds signing along with Blanche-Neige and her dwarves buddies dancing ever happily with the Mexicans locked in a fenced area in the background looking creepily happy eating tacos and playing yukulele's.

Guess what Bud. We can't wait for your ungrateful egoistic selfish MAGA ass to come to reason with the implacable fact that we must do something right here right now or we'll all perish slowly but surely. You and your MAGA's won't actually be willing to contribute until you see zombies jumping the fence instead of migrants. But we will force you, bc we can. You are not the majority and your King will lose in 2020.

And someone please tell Uncle Joe to kindly piss off, he's establishment and not progressist enough it's Clinton all over again. We need the Comb or Her Highness AOC right fkn now.
                            Hate to break it to you, but unless the economy tanks in a big way before next November, Trump has an excellent chance of getting re-elected. People vote their pocketbooks, and an awful lot of people are doing better under Trump than they were under Obama/Biden.

Combine that with the fractured nature of the Democrats, Trump's inherent advantage in fund-raising and the fact that the Kindergartner and her socialist allies are not popular with anyone besides the children, and there is a good chance the House will flip back in 2020 too.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I thought you were a vegan
                              NEVER!!!

At least not by choice...

I myself have substantially reduced energy use for lighting. Once LED bulbs were on the shelf at reasonable costs, I replaced the majority of my incandescent bulbs with them. But that was by MY choice, it wasn't forced upon me. They did the same job, cheaper and better.
                              LED all the way... although, I do miss the classic lightbulb. That wire... it was magical until it broke.

I also have solarpowered lights -- and a lithium battery based nightlight which goes on and off by tapping it, and when you drop your hand on it, it'll reduce or increase the volume of light. It's my most favorite kind of light. It's in the shape of an egg.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, I've still got incandescents. Specifically, I've got about 50 of the 40W appliance bulbs stocked up. I'm rather fond of Lava lamps, and I want to have a good stock of them in case some governmental idiot bans those too.

I've also got a stock of 100W bulbs, in case I ever want to use one for heating purposes. Bought them before the govt. did ban those.

Comment

Working...
                                X