Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    If you were to be President, somehow, of the US in 2020, what would you swear on?
    I can't be president of the US, and Belgium is a monarchy.

The constitution (doesn't need to be the original document -- don't want to risk damaging it).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Long live Queen FH
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        You're sounding like a legalist (meaning selecting to *whom* the verse applies to) and straying from the original topic, IMHO. The subject matter in 2 Chronicles 7:14 is HEALING --with God in control of course. Healing of the land.. healing of the people and for the people to become united-- stop the squabblings and hate-mongerings, vicious destructive behaviors, etc.

You misquoted me. I was talking about the bolded part of your post that I quoted, not 2 Chronicles 7:14. But back to this particular verse, there are certainly much more applicable and better verses he could have used that would actually make sense. What sin, prey tell, did the US commit that God stopped the rain and sent locusts to consume the land and create a pestilence? This verse is about a very specific situation about a very specific people. A Holy people.

If you don't *want* healing, you GET exactly what just happened during those last 8 years we just experienced. Increased lawlessness, discontent, violence in the streets as well as the schools.. kidnapped children, the list goes on and on. Instead of focusing on keeping families together, regardless of your "likes/dislike" differences, society has been ripping itself apart beginning with the family, extending into the neighborhoods, the schools, and now the entire nation. If *THAT* doesn't scream for healing, which mankind cannot simply work out thru progressive programs, because the programs already in operation haveNOT worked, then your country is lost. No hope. Plenty of change (for the worst), but no hope.. drowning in emotional seas of misery. The land suffers too, as a result.
        So is the healing coming from God's laws or the laws of man? You are describing the laws of man. So with even greater reason 2 Chronicles 7:14 does not apply here. For God cares not for worldly institutions and their machinations.

Add agricultural and beef/poulty disasters to the mixture, and you've got one giant MESS of a problem. Go fix it mankind.. (Generic) YOU don't need God to work out the healing in places beyond your control, YOU need wisdom and agents and gadgets to work this thru to a happier ending.

Since when is Christianity about worldly things? Do you set up treasures for yourself here on earth where the thief can plunder it or do you set it up in the Kingdom of Heaven where no thief can plunder?

On the other hand, if you seek out *professional* EXPERT help from the only persona able to heal the land and people, then God will be brought into the picture somewhere, somehow. Many people looked at (former) *President* Obama as Messiah in the living flesh. Well, we know how he left our country when he transferred gov't control over to *President* Trump. Trump needs to sift thru the regs and figure out what needs to STAY, and what needs to be overhauled. But there are too many problems to sort thru to effectively make this work overnight.

So why did Pence say this, on a day and event that is purely worldly and not holy. It was a secular event about a secular institution regarding a secular process. Unless you dare compare the Presidency to the Israelite monarchy. In which case...that sounds almost heretical.

So, since thinking inside the box hasn't worked, try thinking outside the box and apply 2nd Chronicles 7:14. Christians are not "under" the law (but grace), but the laws of God are part of being an obedient soul (regardless of who that person is). God's commands / commandments are broken when lawlessness occurs. Israel's testings thruout time have proven this to be true over and over. Israel was set apart to be an example for the rest of the nations.. Same principle can be applied to them as well as to Israel. Ancient Egypt was blessed thru Joseph's agricultural wisdom and prayers. Nebucadnezzar and his people became blessed thru Daniel's intercessary prayers. So it is with all nations, who once had, but have turned away from God's word(s) and commands.

That verse is about turning away from sin. The very sin that brings calamity. So that with forgiveness you may fight through all struggle with God's aid. That verse is filled with imagery. It doesn't mean literal healing of a worldly nation or a worldly people. Not if you are reading it as a Christian.

If our USA doesn't want *healing* so be it. If the intercessary prayers are withheld, this nation may/will fall into further destruction, instead. That will be the "Change" the USA will have, and it may never ever recover again. And that *no recovery* aspect, I know, is NOT what praying Christians want for the land and the people living within the USA -- citizens and visitors alike. True, we cannot delay prophecies (of end times/ages), but in the meantime, we can seek for healing, if that healing is even possible to both people living here (in the USA) as well as the land.
        Why does God care about the USA? When did God ever say "I'll be your God and you'll be my people" to the US? What prophets did he send to guide the country? What Davidic kingship did he establish? Was the nation ordained by an Apostle? Did a quorum of priests establish this land as God's will? God cares for the individuals, yes. But for the nation? What makes the US equal to or better than the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Long live Queen FH
        Hmmm.........I like where this is going. *Pledges loyalty to Queen FH* I shall now do thy bidding!
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm.........I like where this is going. *Pledges loyalty to Queen FH* I shall now do thy bidding!
          Needs to find a carpenter to build me a round table.

Comment

We could steal one from any hardware store
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh right, I'm Queen... I can do that.
              Borrow, I mean.

Comment

*Poisons the queen*
                -watches the land die-
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  *Poisons the queen*
                  -watches the land die-
                  Its Belgium
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Why does God care about the USA? When did God ever say "I'll be your God and you'll be my people" to the US? What prophets did he send to guide the country? What Davidic kingship did he establish? Was the nation ordained by an Apostle? Did a quorum of priests establish this land as God's will? God cares for the individuals, yes. But for the nation? What makes the US equal to or better than the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah?
                    There is a religion that can make that claim, sort of. The Mormons, or formally known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believe that an angel or such revealed the location of buried gold plates containing their religious text to Joseph Smith in the 1820's.
                    I seem to recall that they believe something about God favoring the people if they adhered to the ways of God.

Comment

Its Belgium
                      I was just going with the theme
                      sigpic

Comment

Its Belgium
                        True, not much loss there.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Needs to find a carpenter to build me a round table.

As you wish, your majesty *Burns down table factories and takes the only round table that survives* Now...how do I get this to the land of waffles?

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          There is a religion that can make that claim, sort of. The Mormons, or formally known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believe that an angel or such revealed the location of buried gold plates containing their religious text to Joseph Smith in the 1820's.
                          I seem to recall that they believe something about God favoring the people if they adhered to the ways of God.
                          Not sure where you are going with this. Mormons are no different in this regard to what I explained. They themselves are God's people in their eyes. they even wanted to make their own country at one point.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Not sure where you are going with this. Mormons are no different in this regard to what I explained. They themselves are God's people in their eyes. they even wanted to make their own country at one point.
                            I was just responding to you..
                            Why does God care about the USA? When did God ever say "I'll be your God and you'll be my people" to the US? What prophets did he send to guide the country?
                            Sorta fits the description.

Comment

He's got you there Tood.
                              sigpic

Comment

When they say "the people" they don't mean specifically Americans. Considering the international nature of the LDS church....it'd be kinda hard to make that argument.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X