Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there goes that serious hat.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was hungry
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I was always rather amused by the fan spinning gremlin too, I guess it reminded me of the stupid things I would do around that time.

The talking one too, my son can do a fantastic impression of him. Those were the kind of films that last generations, if we watched it today I'd still be laughing at their mischief.

Comment

Leonardo DiCaprio's documentary Before The Flood -- watch it for free until November 6 (on YouTube).

Or on the website of the National Geographic Channel.

Official website of the documentary: BeforeTheFlood.com

If you could know the truth about the threat of climate change — would you want to know? Before the Flood, presented by National Geographic, features Leonardo DiCaprio on a journey as a United Nations Messenger of Peace, traveling to five continents and the Arctic to witness climate change firsthand. He goes on expeditions with scientists uncovering the reality of climate change and meets with political leaders fighting against inaction. He also discovers a calculated disinformation campaign orchestrated by powerful special interests working to confuse the public about the urgency of the growing climate crisis. With unprecedented access to thought leaders around the world, DiCaprio searches for hope in a rising tide of catastrophic news.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Bring hip boots.

Comment

Something on topic!!
              4 out of 5 evangelical Christians voted for Trump, they also voted in the Anti-Christ!!!

http://www.thehypertexts.com/Donald%...he%20Beast.htm

I think this deserves a song!!

sigpic

Comment

I think you know where I stand when it comes to Evangelicals.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  I think you know where I stand when it comes to Evangelicals.
                  With that song, if you listened to it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Something on topic!!
                    4 out of 5 evangelical Christians voted for Trump, they also voted in the Anti-Christ!!!

How do you *know* Trump *is* the Anti-Christ? Where is the proof?
                    I heard a discussion that noted Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, might end up being the Anti-Christ.. the guy has Jewish genes in him, which could fulfill the popular belief is that the Anti-Christ who ascends into power will have Jewish genealogy origins within him.

Of course, I've also heard that George Soros' sons could also fill that role, as they too are of the Jewish bloodline.

And naturally, there is no solid proof *yet* that either of those individuals would be filling out the role of the Anti-Christ. The only info that has been determined is that the persona who ends up becoming that Anti-Christ person, will also be extremely charismatic, thus a charmer, and will apparently appeal to the majority of people on this planet. So, Trump currently doesNOT fill that role, because he does *not* seem to be that appealing to most of the people on this planet -- in other countries, as most of the discussions on GW seem to convey.

However, Trump's ego could certainly make him qualify as the Anti-Christ, if he doesn't watch his spiritual steps as carefully as he claims. On the other extreme, from what I've read ages ago, George Soros' sons have a greater appeal, even tho they are not well known yet to most of the world's inhabitants. "Religion" in general is also basically something that the Anti-Christ persona will not care about in his/her personal devotions--except to exalt his/her own self and be propped up as "god" because this Anti-Christ persona will be considered to be an amazing miracle worker of various signs and wonders.

BTW, the very *name* Anti-Christ means to be against "Christ" and Christians, in general. Hitler was Catholic, yet basically held a very Anti-Christian attitude toward the Jews as he had them slaughtered in the "death camps". Hitler was obviously *not* the Anti-Christ, but he considered to be a type of Anti-christian character. George Soros *is* Jewish and anti-christian (he's supposedly an atheist, from what I've been told), but might not live long enough to fill that Anti-Christ role. Plus, there doesn't seem to be too many people in the popular vote realm who find him *attractive* enough to fall under some sort of appealing spell.

Not sure where Soros' sons fit in yet with that attraction factor, tho.
                    Of course, the timetables might be off be a few generations, and then someone else might end up filling this mysterious "Anti-Christ" persona role.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

I heard it on a radio show (77.7 WTFAM radio)
                      I also posted a honest, unbiased and totally truthful link.

I heard a discussion that noted Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, might end up being the Anti-Christ.. the guy has Jewish genes in him, which could fulfill the popular belief is that the Anti-Christ who ascends into power will have Jewish genealogy origins within him.
                      Erm, do you believe in your own creation myth, cause if you do we ALL have Jewish genes in us!!

Of course, I've also heard that George Soros' sons could also fill that role, as they too are of the Jewish bloodline.
                      There he is, See Tood, I told you he was the illuminati!!!
                      And naturally, there is no solid proof *yet* that either of those individuals would be filling out the role of the Anti-Christ.
                      Proof denies faith.
                      The only info that has been determined is that the persona who ends up becoming that Anti-Christ person, will also be extremely charismatic, thus a charmer, and will apparently appeal to the majority of people on this planet. So, Trump currently doesNOT fill that role, because he does *not* seem to be that appealing to most of the people on this planet -- in other countries, as most of the discussions on GW seem to convey.
                      Actually, he is appealing to a lot of people everywhere, or at least his message of selfishness is.
                      However, Trump's ego could certainly make him qualify as the Anti-Christ, if he doesn't watch his spiritual steps as carefully as he claims. On the other extreme, from what I've read ages ago, George Soros' sons have a greater appeal, even tho they are not well known yet to most of the world's inhabitants. "Religion" in general is also basically something that the Anti-Christ persona will not care about in his/her personal devotions--except to exalt his/her own self and be propped up as "god" because this Anti-Christ persona will be considered to be an amazing miracle worker of various signs and wonders.
                      Given Trump has never asked for forgiveness by God, and wants to be worshipped........
                      BTW, the very *name* Anti-Christ means to be against "Christ" and Christians, in general. Hitler was Catholic, yet basically held a very Anti-Christian attitude toward the Jews as he had them slaughtered in the "death camps". Hitler was obviously *not* the Anti-Christ, but he considered to be a type of Anti-christian character. George Soros *is* Jewish and anti-christian (he's supposedly an atheist, from what I've been told), but might not live long enough to fill that Anti-Christ role. Plus, there doesn't seem to be too many people in the popular vote realm who find him *attractive* enough to fall under some sort of appealing spell.
                      Actually, it has little if nothing to do with Anti-Christian, it says it all on the labelling, anti-CHRIST.
                      Of course, the timetables might be off be a few generations, and then someone else might end up filling this mysterious "Anti-Christ" persona role.
                      Of course the "timetable may be off", that is the hallmark of prophecy, All the signs point to it, until it does not happen.
                      sigpic

Comment

And naturally, there is no solid proof *yet* that either of those individuals would be filling out the role of the Anti-Christ. The only info that has been determined is that the persona who ends up becoming that Anti-Christ person, will also be extremely charismatic, thus a charmer, and will apparently appeal to the majority of people on this planet. So, Trump currently doesNOT fill that role, because he does *not* seem to be that appealing to most of the people on this planet -- in other countries, as most of the discussions on GW seem to convey.

yeah Soros is getting old and even looks rather poorly but is still hanging on.....probably more out of spite than anything.......or maybe he's got a horcrux or 2 lying around

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          I heard it on a radio show (77.7 WTFAM radio)
                          I also posted a honest, unbiased and totally truthful link.
                          Well, in your world it is *proof*. I'm not disputing *that* and I'm not faulting your source as "false" or truthful. From their POV, it is the only truth (gotta love the 77.7 numbers in that call station's dial -- tho, the first 3 alpha letters might mean something else..? *eek!!*)

BTW, I'm glad you (GF) brought this subject up with Trump, as a possible candidate known as "the" Anti-Christ. I was thinking about this months ago, but held off before I heard more info. Seemed like a toss-up of mixed possibilities between Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and George Soros or next generation (family member) person.

Anywho.. since we're not looking for just *any* anti-Christ/ian persona, we need to compare notes with the original source describing just who this "THE Anti-Christ" persona is -- via the Judaeo-Christian Bible. ..yah know, as in "THE" definite article, who is not just another "a" or *any*. There is very specific criteria to look for about this particular *Anti-Christ* individual.

----Since I don't have time enough to look for those details now (busy schedule!), I will try to revisit this topic later.----

In the meantime, the supporting proof regarding THE one and only Great Trib period Anti-Christ person -- should be based on the character traits as noted in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. If any portion of those details fails to meet that criteria (unless the reference is too vague), then any person suspected of being that character is automatically rejected as a candidate for the Anti-Christ role. Trump has the ego, but he would need to fulfill the other traits as well. George Soros could fit those other traits, but his advanced age might betray his qualifications, thereof.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976
                          Erm, do you believe in your own creation myth, cause if you do we ALL have Jewish genes in us!!
                          ummm.. slight problem there. Noah was a *righteous* man, who brought about the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, etc. Noah was NOT a Hebrew/Jewish, and neither was Adam, whom Noah was a direct descendant so many generations earlier from. Therefore, since Noah's three sons (survivors of the flood) were not Hebrew or Jewish either; so not everyone is a direct descendant of Jewish origin as based on the creation and Noahic flood story.

Just because a person is *righteous* by action doesn't translate that their genetic DNA contains the Jewish bloodline by birth. Ruth was a gentile (not a Hebrew/nor Jewish) by birth, but married her kinsman-redeemer, the Hebrew Boaz, and her offspring with Boaz were naturally born into the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that way. Ruth, herself, was grafted into the Hebrew/Jewish family tree by marriage, but thru Boaz, Ruth's children carried the genetic DNA bloodline of the Hebrews, which led all the way to Mary and then Jesus (of Nazareth --see ancestral {human} genealogy in Matthew 1:17).

Proof denies faith.
                          One doesn't need *faith* to figure out the outlined details of what we're supposed to be looking for. However, (generic) you will Need *faith* to survive thru the "Great Tribulation" period, which is when this persona nick-named as the Anti-Christ will be reigning or ruling during. Biblically, it will be the worst time ever to be alive on planet earth, since the time of the Noahic flood. That is why Jesus said "Blessed is (s)he who.." survives to the very end of this horrible time in earth's historic time period. However, not everyone will see that time period as horrible, but possibly good and wonderful.

BTW, the very *name* Anti-Christ means to be against "Christ" and Christians, in general.

Actually, it has little if nothing to do with Anti-Christian, it says it all on the labelling, anti-CHRIST.
                          And what, pray tell, do you think the term "Christian" originates from?
                          (answer is) believers in "Christ" (people who believe in and follow Jesus of Nazareth's spiritual food--words of wisdom/advice, guidance, etc.). A genuine "Christian" belongs to the family of "Christ" (or family of "The Christ/Messiah"). So, yes, from my POV it does have something to do with being Anti-Christian, as well as that individual, as noted in the Biblical book of Revelation--being labelled by "God" as the Anti-Christ. One cannot be a true Christian without belonging to "Christ" --- so, the same is true of The Anti-Christ, and all who will believe and follow in that persona, instead of following or believing in some other spiritual figure.

Given Trump has never asked for forgiveness by God, and wants to be worshipped........
                          That is speculative heresay, and falls into the category of we don't know what really is going on inside Trump's spiritual heart.. meaning, we doNOT know if he is outright lying to the world or being sincerely genuine on his status before "God" (of the the Judaeo-Christian Bible). Just because a person hasn't announced where they stand within "God's eyes" doesn't mean we already know what resides within that person's spiritual heart. However, we can know where "The Anti-Christ" actually stands on spiritual matters because the Bible states what to look for.

If Trump was truly THE Anti-Christ, #1--he's gonna be in huuuuuuuuge trouble in speaking eternity wise.. ; and #2--we'll find out if/when the various characteristics criteria actually fits the culprit in question.

Also, at the moment, maybe Trump's reservations on announcing his "forgiven" status publicly, because he knows he'll be pounced on by his critics about "how very *unChristian* such-and-such" item/issue were or are in his life. In other words, why give time to let others continue beating a proverbial dead horse (topic),
                          when the critics won't *let go and let God* take care of the offending persona's core heart issues, instead..? In the area of personal grievances or vendettas, some people want to pound into the ground any and all dirt on another person, until the offending item(s) get proverbially pulverized into a fine powder, which the wind can blow far, far away.

Okay, I have to stay off the forums for a while... *babbled* enough already.. and got too many things to do before 2017 starts; so not sure how long I'll be able to avoid looking back into these discussions.
                          *...a woman's job is never done...* or never seems to ever get done..

Comment

"You are not to say, 'It is a conspiracy!' In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it." --Isaiah 8:12

By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Taking a breather from the seasonal rushes..

Environmental **crisis** moments..

According to the report, oxygen levels are seriously lacking for anything to grow or for marine life to swim in there. I forget what the actual number was, but somewhere around 23,000 "square" miles of dead zone was mentioned and is a lot of area.. That's MILES, not inches or millimeters. 23,000 miles also 2,000 miles less than the approximate length of the circumference of the earth (is that in the rounded shape or a straight line?).. That's a lot of miles, unless it's including sea depth, too.

Contrast that with the following article at "How stuff works.." link--
                              (okay, I think this is within one of those never-ending endless links, so please click on link inside quote)--
                              "Probing the Undersea Dead Zone Known as the Hot Tub of Despair"
                              (by Jesslyn Shields
                              November 21, 2016)

Next article (further below) is another report about toxic whatevers.. this time over on the USA, east coast of Florida zone--pictures of green algae blooms reminds me of swimming in a lake further up north..
                              Algae was supposedly killed off with some sort of algae killer and looked like green pea soup. I never liked peas to begin with, so I'd always pass our mom's pea soup to my sisters. They could gladly have my share, *thank you!!*

But as for swimming in the green pea soup lake (actually cyanobacterial-borne hepatotoxin or neurotoxins), we always knew which side the wind was blowing because the green algae would lap up against one side of the lake or the other. Once it came to shore, everyone was advised to stay out of the water (to swim or water-ski) for at least an hour, so that the dead algae could settle to the lake's bottom or move away from being swept out and abroad from the lake's underwater currents. So, were we *that* stupid enough to go in the water after that, by forgetting the algae was still there, or just plain desperate to cool off..? (Desperate to Cool off was the motivator, otherwise, we'd all have invested in chlorinated pools. =)

Oh, and now, chlorinated water is being declared as toxic to swim in as well. Sorry, but water in itself has lots of bacteria and microscopic critters swimming in it without the water being treated for either drinking, bathing, or swimming. Pick your choice.

Then, there's this little ten minute video -- very potent story about water pollution in Florida. ugh!

"The Untold Story of Lake Okeechobee"
                              by The Weather Channel
                              Posted: Dec 8 2016 12:00 PM EST
                              Updated: Dec 8 2016 01:48 PM EST

(see video regarding--) The Weather Channel's digital team, led by correspondent Kait Parker, takes a closer look at the history of Lake Okeechobee and the future implications of this toxic algae pollution in "Toxic Lake: The Untold Story of Lake Okeechobee."
                              Toxic muck and slime floats on top of the water and can be several inches thick (and probably much deeper than that in the ocean currents) causing oxygen air breathing/water swimming marine life to suffer.. Hepatotoxin is created by the algae, which is hazardous to the liver and is also toxic to humans.

What is Lake Okeechobee's toxin problem? According to the report, phosphorus from farmland fertilizers in the north flows down into the lake (rainy days, water runoff). From the south, fertilizers from farmlands get pumped into the lake.. ewww! why? Isn't there a better way to clean up the fertilizer run-off? Maybe someone needs to create a job to resolve that situation, and then we could still have our agricultural farms, cattle, and go swimming in *clean water* again! Theoretically possible, but who has the smarts and $$ to make it a reality?

What the video is actually saying is a political statement on returning the agricultural land back into the natural everglades that existed prior to the farms and industry taking over the area. If the industry and farmland wants to stay, then find a way to fix the water disaster problem, clean it up, and make it stay clean! Jeesh! Sadly, I think the gov't rules for the "Clean Water Act" works more on a political scale than just a maintenance of making our waters clean and safe again.

Again, money is an issue with industry fighting the environmentalists, but can't both exist without destroying the environment and life in the surrounding zones? If yes, then find a way to "make it so!" People have brains--but not using them. Skulls full of mush just stays as mush when things like this happen, and then "activists" protest because the natural life that existed previously is being killed off from man-made technology moving in and altering the sea/landscape.

Eventually that chain of disastrous domino effects is going to reach the human level and cause problems there as well. Oh, but wait! It already is hazardous to human health, as well.

One more item.. phosphorus.. that's that scientific element that makes things glow in the dark! It also is that stuff on the end of matches, often used (for example) to light candles and "Sterno" fuel mixes for cooking.

Spoiler:
                              "Phosphorus"

. . .
                              Phosphorus and its compounds may have been known before Brand's discovery. Old manuscripts refer to materials that glow in the dark. The word used for such materials today is phosphorescent.
                              . . .
                              Phosphorus is essential to the health of plants and animals. Many essential chemicals in living cells contain phosphorus. One of the most important of these chemicals is adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP provides the energy to cells they need to stay alive and carry out all the tasks they have to perform. Phosphorus is critical to the development of bones and teeth. Nucleic acids also contain phosphorus. Nucleic acids are chemicals that perform many functions in living organisms. For example, they carry the genetic information in a cell. They tell the cell what chemicals it must make. It also acts as the "director" in the formation of those chemicals.
                              . . .

...Elemental phosphorus is phosphorus as an element, not combined with other elements. Swallowing even a speck of white phosphorus produces severe diarrhea with loss of blood; damage to the liver, stomach, intestines, and circulatory system (blood flow system); and coma...
                              . . .

The second most important use of phosphate compounds is in making detergents. The compound most often used in detergents is called sodium tripolyphosphate, or STPP...

But STPP can create problems for the environment. After detergents have been used, they often end up in rivers and streams and, eventually, in lakes from waste water. And that's just fine for the algae that live in those lakes. Algae are tiny green plants that use phosphorus as they grow. As more detergents get into lakes, the amount of STPP increases. That means there is more phosphorus in a lake and that, in turn, means that algae begin to grow much faster...

Anywho.. thus, the good, the bad, and the ugly.. more info on how unfriendly our environment can become with a simple element known as phosphorus and (something)-phosphate, etc.

If mankind can send people to the moon and back, and work on a space station with recycled water from one's own sanitized body fluids, then surely someone on this planet can come up with a workable system on resolving this toxic run-off problem, while keeping the industries -- to feed, clothe, and shelter us, etc. -- intact as well as keeping the land and other water sources as pristine as possible, as they were originally intended to be per nature's own purifying ecosystems.

Comment

The whole "Climate Change" issue is missing an extra "s" letter.
                                Should either be "Climate Changes" or "Climates Change". Yes, that seems to be the more appropriately, correct weather report.

Anywho, otherwise, Santa's workshop is in danger of sinking? Therefore, it must either be a floating city or a hovering above the sea level city, since the North Pole's layers of ice and snow have often melted at various times. Santa and his entire workshop and crew would surely sink below into the ocean's sea, so maybe his workshop is hidden underneath inside the ocean? Surely, that would explain why his living abode has never been seen above the icy ocean's surface or from satellite imagery transmissions, including from the international space station photos. Or, maybe Santa has the original TARDIS cloaking device in active operation.

Every time I ask if anyone has ever actually *seen* Santa Claus' workshop, the mystery just never gets answered. Ahhh, but I *have seen* the magic reindeer food or dust or whatever it is that makes those amazing reindeers "fly".

(Bold fonts emphasis below = mine..)

(Seems there is an autostart video feed in this article..)

"On climate change, leftists just think they're smarter"
                                By Anthony Sadar, 12/25/16 7:00 PM

As the war of words and policy on climate change rages on, magazines that cover general science are a common battleground...

Putting aside the fact that no one denies that climate changes, should we wonder why the most scientifically literate conservatives are least likely to accept manmade disastrous climate change? Could it be that those of us who have a more intimate knowledge of scientific research and practice are better able to sort out fact from fiction and form our own conclusions?
                                . . .
                                Well, that's the common sense angle from what is probably considered a fake news site.
                                Here's another one below, probably instigated by Al Gore or his minions having acute panic attacks. Propaganda in favor of the current (Democratic) Admin & company. Jeeze, Santa should be the one having a panic fit, and so far, Santa still works at the oceanic "North Pole" and hasn't reversed course on moving to the land-legged "South Pole".

"It's Going to Be the Warmest Christmas at the North Pole Ever"
                                by Jay Michaelson
                                12.25.16 12:03 AM ET

SAD SANTA
                                While the North Pole experiences its second record-hot year in a row, the GOP's carnival of dunces continues to sow doubt in Washington.

Hopefully Santa's sleigh has mud flaps. While the United States braces for a Christmas snowstorm, the North Pole is set to be 50 degrees warmer than normal, with temperatures approaching 32 degrees Fahrenheit—enough to melt the snow into a slushy mess for Rudolph and friends.

That's the thing about "climate change," or as it's more accurately called, global climate disruption. It's not as simple as "global warming," because when you mess with the Earth's climatic systems, the results aren't uniform.
                                . . .
                                Moreover, last winter was the warmest ever at the North Pole—until this winter, that is. The World Weather Attribution network crunched the peer-reviewed climate models, and concluded that warm years like this one should occur once every 50 years, even in the context of moderate global warming. (They were unheard of a hundred years ago.) And now we've had them back to back.
                                . . .
                                ...That's why the United States stands alone in the civilized world in denying climate change, and why the new "drill, baby, drill" administration is set to undo the tiny amounts of progress we have made.

So, Santa, if your workshop really is melting, at least you know who to blame: the people moving into the White House.
                                Really?? The new folks haven't even moved into or gotten into that part of life yet, so instead of blameshifting to *WHAT events have NOT yet Happened*, better put the BLAME on where it's been sourced for those who have already been existing in those fields for years, and which some folks have been there for decades (industries too).

Hey guys/gals -- STOP blaming the next gov't ADMIN, when they haven't even begun operations in their still yet future jobs! The blame for the past two winters can only come from those who have or still are currently working in the governing offices. Since the data for the North Pole's existing warmer temps are being examined----that also includes the past ten to 20 years. It does NOT include the January 2017 stats (and decades beyond) when 2017 hasn't even gotten here yet!!

Please get these facts straight--- Stop with the fear-mongering, which is blamed on the conservatives and folks on the right side of politics. The future USA Admin, governed by Donald Trump and company aren't even in office yet! So, the true "blame" goes to current and past governing folks who have ALREADY been in there. Even the next few years won't make much of a difference, since it usually takes a while for climate changes to settle down. There is also the theory is that the earth's climates have shifted from internal magnetic wobbling, which has also occurred in previous centuries. No one ever said "boo" about those previous and more *ancient* changes.

AFAIK, our educational classes (at least during the 1960's and 1970's) merely took the info given in scholastic educational classes as "okay..so Greenland was actually growing GREEN grasslands and had productive farming for several, favorably seasonal decades" until the colder "ice age" returned to that region of earth.

So, back in our current year of 2016 and decades prior, If Santa's home and workshop have sunk below sea level or exist in a sheltered mode hovering or floating above or secured in some pressurized city structure below the sea, it's *definitely* caused by PAST weather conditions with *perhaps* external influences (man-made), and *NOT* from folks who haven't even made policies yet from the year 2017 and ahead/beyond.

Comment

Working...
                                X