Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Who can tell what has been added or erased throughout the years - we know about interpolations in Shakespeare's plays. Why can we be sure that the Bible is 'genuine'?

Text Criticism. It's a fascinating way to dig into ancient sources. But at the end of the day, the same can be said regarding just about any ancient document.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      Who can tell what has been added or erased throughout the years - we know about interpolations in Shakespeare's plays. Why can we be sure that the Bible is 'genuine'?
      We can't. If "God" were proven to be real, or I believed him to be real, I would trust "God".
      But I most emphatically do not trust man. So unless a religion can show me text that was clearly and unarguably written directly by the hand of such a God, all religious texts are suspect because they were all written by the hand of man.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        We can't. If "God" were proven to be real, or I believed him to be real, I would trust "God".
        But I most emphatically do not trust man. So unless a religion can show me text that was clearly and unarguably written directly by the hand of such a God, all religious texts are suspect because they were all written by the hand of man.
        Totally agree!!!
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Text Criticism. It's a fascinating way to dig into ancient sources. But at the end of the day, the same can be said regarding just about any ancient document.
          It's not "text criticism", it's understanding the limitations and bias's of the historical authors.
          Don't trust the Bible alone as a source, much like you should not trust -any other- historical source like Herodotus, Ptolemy, Josephus, Livy or Plutarch.

Check your research/authors, it's not an imposition, it's a basis for exploring history.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            It's not "text criticism", it's understanding the limitations and bias's of the historical authors.
            Don't trust the Bible alone as a source, much like you should not trust -any other- historical source like Herodotus, Ptolemy, Josephus, Livy or Plutarch.

Check your research/authors, it's not an imposition, it's a basis for exploring history.
            Text Criticism is an actual thing. It's a process of using manuscripts, dating documents, and comparing them to copies and then looking at literary styles, use of calligraphy, material, and compare them to similar structures found in other contemporary documents and so on. Some strategies include looking for anachronisms, sudden change in tone or prose, variances in vocabulary etc. Usually interlopers (according to theory) don't take care to have the same vocabulary, form, structure, or even spelling as the original authors of the document in question.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Text Criticism is an actual thing. It's a process of using manuscripts, dating documents, and comparing them to copies and then looking at literary styles, use of calligraphy, material, and compare them to similar structures found in other contemporary documents and so on. Some strategies include looking for anachronisms, sudden change in tone or prose, variances in vocabulary etc. Usually interlopers (according to theory) don't take care to have the same vocabulary, form, structure, or even spelling as the original authors of the document in question.
              I misread your intent, apologies.
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't had time to really work the following post out in detail, but I'm working on getting it there..

Well, I had wanted to mention how Jerusalem will become the ultimate focus upon the entire world during that last few years (or within the same decade), when Revelation 19:11-21 will be fulfilled, where it will be the "King of Kings, and LORD of Lords" (the same Jesus -- formerly of Nazareth) who ends up rescuing the entire planet earth from total obliteration by the last war of all wars (that is, before the final war that occurs after the approximate 1,000 years of peace is completed upon the earth.

For many centuries now, Jerusalem has become divided into 3 basic spiritual directions:
                Jewish
                Christian
                Muslim/Islam

All three groups believe they have claim to the property rights to and of Mount Moriah, specifically the plateau area which also currently houses the Dome of the Rock. Of course, I think the Christians in the area are merely content to be able to walk along the rest of the mountain, rather than the "Holiest of Holies" plateau area.. (the lesser important Islamic shrines near the bigger Dome). The mountain itself has valley divisions which actually shape the Hebrew letter Shem, which is also known to some folks who have studied this phenomena as God's own name being physically written into the mountain itself, which is why it has always been regarded as a most "HOLY" place (and where the ancient Jewish Temple once stood -- which was somewhere on that very mountain, probably on the northern end of the plateau's surface, facing the EAST GATE. Currently, the Eastern Gate is sealed up.

Some time, a long time ago, when a group of governing Arabs or Muslims took over the property, they completely closed and sealed up the Eastern Gate because -- it was believed the Jewish Messiah would enter thru that point, to declare victory for saving the Jewish populations of earth -- and sealing the Eastern (or "Golden") gate was a method of preventing that from ever happening. Should that event ever happen in the future, that particular (Eastern) Gate was closed up and an Arab / Islamic cemetery was placed right outside the gate on the other side of property's wall. Ahh, any Jewish Messiah would NEVER cause a sacrilegious incident and walk thru an Arab cemetary -- that in itself is an abomination. Even Jewish priests were not allowed to touch the dead, and had to go thru rigorous cleansing to purify themself from being contaminated by being in some form of contact with a dead body.

So, the Eastern Gate has been closed ever since. Question is -- will the world's Messiah *really* enter thru the Eastern Gate? Nowadays, a helicopter ride could easily fly over that Eastern Gate (from the direction of the Mount of Olives) and land on Mount Moriah's plateau, thus fulfilling the prophecy in a back-handed sort of way. If the Bible is true, Jesus of Nazareth already entered thru that Eastern Gate, while it was still open nearly 2000 years ago. If He/Jesus returns as Revelation records He will, it is possible the cemetary will not be problematic, as it will be moved out of the way for His *grand* entrance, and the gate will become open, probably by his own power via an "earthquake"..? Zechariah 14:4 reveals the details about this *grand* entrance Messiah will make thru the Eastern Gate. There is also an earthquake fault that coincidentally runs along the eastern line of Jerusalem. Hmmmm. Hey, I learned this story years ago about that little earthquake detail conveniently being in that exact location zone.

Anywho.. repeating the below info from the political topic to possibly discuss in greater detail here, instead..

Jesus (of Nazareth) said his (implied *political*) government was AND is "not of this world" and yet earth is going to be turned into the worst battlefield ever seen since humans began walking upon this planet. So, says the book of Revelation -- not in those words, but in that sort of imagery described. Also, according to that same book, as described under Revelation 19:11-21, it will be the "King of Kings, and LORD of Lords" (the same Jesus -- formerly of Nazareth) who will rescue the entire planet from total obliteration.

The missions or agendas started by the two ruling world "beasts" described in Revelation are motivated by political reasons. One beast is political. The other beast oversees the spiritual nature existing on the earth. Both are a marriage NOT made in heaven, but from some *other* source. . . .

It is believed by many that Time will reveal if this abomination of a political / spiritual marriage might *soon* take place on our little planet earth -- and maybe within this very generation alive right now. (The signals keep pointing into that direction..)

Myth or no myth, time is a flying.. Crawling by some POVs, but flying in terms of "birth pangs" as described by Jesus, in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. The cast of characters are setting up into their final historical roles (main highlights -- Isaiah 17, Ezekiel 38-39, and Psalm 83 -- not necessarily in that particular order), and everyone has a front row seat with their TV, i-phone, internet or whatever visual means is provided for
                "every eye to see" and "every ear to hear".

This is only exciting to those who get to live thru this without getting maimed, abused, injured, or killed in this life. Everyone else will be subjected to the worst time in history, even worse than anything that has ever been set forth on this earth, and ever will be ever again. Yet, if the Biblical scriptures are true, the events yet to occur, will affect nearly every person alive during the time these events occur, and that is regardless of what "religious" affiliation a person is or what their life-style beliefs are at that time.

Jerusalem's clock of ownership is ticking. Who will win the coveted prize and mountain bearing God's own Initial -- the "Shem" letter into its very ground's soil..?
                BTW, the "Shem" letter, which looks like a weird W or counterclockwise rounded E shape, is also the same lettering shape that is formed at the bottom and joining the left and right sides of the human heart (when looking at a frontal cross-section of it). That's just an extra tidbit detail; but I've been trying to find a link that would show this in better illustrated detail.

I just haven't had time to decide which one is the best visual, yet.
                Last edited by SGalisa; 13 February 2016, 10:12 PM. Reason: fix typos

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  For many centuries now, Jerusalem has become divided into 3 basic spiritual directions:
                  Jewish
                  Christian
                  Muslim/Islam
                  The religion is called Islam.
                  That's not too hard to remember, is it?

Also, as a sidenote, since he came up last night in the Religion-thread, Erich Von Daniken would love this thread to bits.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Bible records that in the last days/end of the age, perilous times will occur and drive fear into the hearts of some folks and become ho-hum for others going about their daily routines.

Newswide---Violence, horrific events, and terrors in various forms are turning into the new *normal*?!

I thought there were 2 articles about
                    the apparent new *normal*..

Depending on individual interpretation -- with cheers, jeers, or tears,
                    gawkers and victims have presented various reactions of the New Roman Empire Arena's Islamic State and affiliate group events..
                    It's the same old death and injuries, but spreading out on a much wider scale.

Some quotes from articles noted in below quotes; link in article's title/comment--
                    (any bold font emphasis added--mine)

POV pieces or general experiences, here's the first article--
                    "A stint in Brussels was meant to enrich my kids. It also taught them about terror."
                    "We thought we'd left these anxieties behind when we moved here."

By Katherine Marsh, March 24, 2016

While we were certainly aware of Brussels's supporting role in a number of recent terror attacks, including on Charlie Hebdo, its status as a second-tier European capital made it seem safer than Paris or London. If anything, its danger seemed more as an Island of the Lotus Eaters, where we might end up gorging on beer and frites with functionaries of minor European nations then wake up 20 years later, having missed all the action back in the States.

But even this wasn't such a horrible fate. After all, part of what I hoped to leave behind in America was the culture of anxiety: I was tired of helicopter parenting, of ever-earlier academic pressure, of partisan political hysteria, of gun violence. I wanted to worry a little less and enjoy life a little more, and above all, I wanted the same for my children so they’d end up more independent and less neurotic than me. Plus, what Brussels lacked in excitement, it made up for with its proximity to cooler places.
                    . . .
                    In the weeks that followed, there was a war-zone edginess to our lives: a quicker reflex when we heard a loud noise; an occasional moment of gut unease...

As the weeks passed, however, this became our new normal. The children became used to seeing armored vehicles outside our local park. We avoided large public gatherings but eventually went back to our favorite farmer’s market, the kids unfazed by the soldiers patrolling it with machine guns. Eventually, I started taking the metro again.
                    . . .
                    ...we could take our children home...
                    "What's happening?" they asked. "Why are we going home?"

As I held their hands tight and walked them quickly home, sirens screaming in the distance, I told them that there had been attacks in Brussels.

"Like Paris?" my son said.
                    "Yes."

"Are we under lockdown again?"
                    "Yes."

He took this in. He didn't seem particularly frightened. The fact that he didn't, that this was his world now, saddened me almost as much as everything else.
                    Continued in Part 2..

Comment

Part 2 -- continued from previous posting

2nd article on the new *Normal* in below spoiler quotes..
                      (any bold font emphasis added--mine)
                      WARNING--contains graphic text descriptions

Spoiler:
                      "To hell with #solidarity. If Europe is willing to accept that Muslim terror is simply the new normal we can't afford to stay part of it"

By Katie Hopkins for MailOnline
                      Published: 08:20 EST, 23 March 2016; Updated: 11:49 EST, 23 March 2016

So that's it then, is it?

We lit up the Eiffel Tower, the Brandenburg Gate and the Trevi Fountain in the colours of the Belgian flag.

The usual suspects from Obama to Cameron to Hollande trotted out well-practised lines about showing solidarity with our Belgian neighbours.

Then the President of the United States, a keen advocate of the UK staying within the safety (*cough*) of the European Union, went off to watch the baseball with his new Cuban pals in the Castro regime.
                      . . .
                      Terror is no longer something which shakes us into silence, cowers us into defeat. It is no longer surprising. We have given it appropriate responses, images, even its own vocabulary, enabling us to deal with it as if it were commonplace, something of the everyday.

We have normalised horror.

Whilst someone races to design a graphic to share online, others rush to own a hashtag, and a public space is designated for candles and tears, colouring or celebration.
                      . . .
                      Airports today bear no resemblance to what was considered 'normal' 20 years ago. And after this they will no doubt feel even more locked-down, unfriendly and inconvenient.

You are not fighting back. You are just taking extraordinary risks and hoping for the best because no one else seems to be doing anything but sharing pictures and hashtags and solidarity — which are meaningless gestures.
                      . . .
                      Normalising terror has all been part of the ISIS agenda.

Their tentacles of power have reached out across Europe, making it normal for gay men to be thrown from buildings, encouraging us to watch as heads are sliced from bodies and small boys shoot grown men in the back of the head.

Men drowning in cages, women being stoned for being raped and dead men emptying into rivers of blood is something we can access on any news channel any day of the week.

And it is a thirst we now look to quench with the terror they wreak here on home soil. Minutes after the attacks on the airport at Brussels the first images appeared. The BBC was actively encouraging others to send in their footage so we could see people suffer, watch men bleed to death, see women terrified for their children.

And I questioned how belonging to these neighbouring nations made us safer. How we were better off in the European Union.
                      . . .
                      Belgium is a sink hole for terror. It breeds extremists in Muslim enclaves, fuelled by imported imams with the most hellish interpretation of Islam.

It welcomed back jihadis from Syria to continue their fight within Europe, to colonise, take-over not integrate.

Muslims make up 26 per cent of metropolitan Brussels. The self-styled capital of Europe is now one of the most Islamic cities in Europe.
                      . . .
                      We need to stop allowing jihadis to return to Europe, prevent extremist imams accessing young minds and spreading their religious brand of hate, and stop communities colonising parts of Europe where former generations of immigrants used to integrate.

Until then you can draw cartoons, light up the Eiffel Tower, start a hashtag and carry on catching the Underground all you want. You can even pretend you are standing up to the suicide bombers. You can even make out Islam is the religion of peace, as Channel 4 do on a nightly basis.

The Managing Editor of Channel 4 News tweeted me last night, asking if I would share a picture of the people of Belgium chalking words of defiance in the public square as if they were all suddenly infantilised by their impotence.

I refused.

Because, you see, you are not standing up to terror. You are normalising it. Giving it a shiny coat. Pretending it's all going to be OK because we know what to do when bad stuff happens.

We must not accept this terror as part of our everyday. We must look for strong leadership and implement obvious solutions.

ISIS are winning the battle. If we keep our heads in the sand, they will win the war for control of Europe, too.

In light of that last line--
                      "ISIS are winning the battle. If we keep our heads in the sand, they will win the war for control of Europe, too"--

Just Europe? Thought I read about two years ago, that they were taking over the original conquered lands from the Crusades of the Middle Ages and the Ottoman Empire for starters, then control the entire earth and then maybe consider heading off to the moon and other planetary bodies and galactic systems.

Why not? Take over the whole universe, just like in the sci-fi Tv shows and movies. Sure, then all creatures would be up for conquest grabs, sentient beings considered as "infidels" and all that would give radical Islam/Qu'ran believers an excuse for spreading all that jihadist destruction currently harbored--to be unleashed on the entire universe.. just like it's been done (or worse than) in the sci-fi fantasy realms.

..and there would be no end/no limits to how gruesome the tortures or murders will be presented as.. In one way or another, the entire universe would be forced to "submit" or die. Maybe it sounds a bit extreme, but look how technically advanced (thanks to certain willing recruitments of like-mindedness) the Islamic State & affiliated joined forces have pulled themselves up from within the past two years.

Sadly, the Bible says in Revelation 20:4 that in the Last Days -- or at the end of the age, there would be many "saints of God" (believers in Jesus) who would be murdered -- beheaded during the time when the "beast" (THE antichrist//world's version of Messiah) of Revelation 13 is reigning. Since the crusades ended, the Inquisitions stopped, and life sort of seemed to revert back to semi-normal realms that beheadings by sword, public guillotines, and other barbaric behaviors were slowly being phased out of existence, Bible scholars were scratching their heads as to how such verses could *possibly* be true--and on a widespread *popular* scale, especially when such behaviors were being left behind in 3rd world type of countries or history prior to the 20th century.

The prophetic Bible scriptures about future bloodbaths and "beheadings" occurring simply did NOT make sense, since the world was becoming more and more civilized, at least until the last two years witnessed what could happen when modern weapons are put into the hands and controlled by the minds of what has been termed as "third world country" folks. People being slaughtered by swords or worse sounded so backwards and ancient history-like. Rev.13:10 speaks of death by sword.. Yet, this is exactly what has been in the recent news along with slaughters done in other forms also taking place.

Modernized civilizations who were looking forward to advancing into space age exploration and wiping out diseases were suddenly facing super bugs attacking crops, farmland herds, and now dealing with barbarianism resurfacing on a scale in such a short time frame-- it all boggles any mind not normally exposed to these sorts of living conditions.

On the prophetic level and Biblically speaking as clarification, according to the Bible, there will be two Messiahs showing up at the "end of the age" -- a persona in Revelation 13 who will amaze the entire world-- is s/he the prophecied enlightened or annointed One (hmmm? the Mahdi serving Islam? or some New Age guy making promises of *peace and safety* to the Jews); and finally, the real Messiah as written about in Revelation 19, who will stop the oppressions caused by the False Messiah's Administrative nonsense and slaughters, then rule the world with an iron fist (enforcement Law?).
                      No more free-for-alls, and approximately 1,000 years of peace will finally come to earth.

Comment

Go to hell!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Go to hell!
                          Aren't your words so sweet (NOT!).
                          Anyway, according to what you've posted before in the religion threads etc., hell doesn't exist eternally speaking----Hell only exists on earth in the here and now, which is where many war weary Kurds and other suffering folks already are in life, as well as psycho institutions where "hell" is within a mental state of mind.

Instead of writing up a separate post, here's a continuation of some previous Bible prophecy thoughts...
                          What is disturbing about reading Revelation 20:4 (regarding "saints" being beheaded) is the real fact that any sword/machete type of weapon is surfacing in popularity as a method of killing anyone --on the street, or as kidnapped victims or hostages. It's not just the jihadists making the news that are using these objects to murder. Crazy people in the news have been using such weapons more and more, or the news of such murders are showing up in increasing frequency more and more. Chopping people up has been in the NY news for the past 15 years, but no one ever seems to know the background origin or person(s) responsible for committing those crimes.

So, it is extremely likely that in future months/years, the idea of beheading will turn against those who suggest it for the murder of innocents (as in the past 2 years, and all the way back to when Daniel Pearl, who was a Christian, was murdered after the WTC attack in 2001, by al-qaeda). If the Bible is merely a myth, then there is nothing to worry/be concerned about. However, if the Bible is true, then someone or some group somewhere on this planet at some future date will begin the murderous culling of believers in Jesus/and toss anyone else in the mix, too, just to offset the numbers.. and then there will be plenty to be concerned about.

How can anyone totally believe a Muslim, when lying to further the cause/purpose of the Islamic *faith* (especially in jihad) is encouraged? Below incident is not such a moment, but a callous, COLD, RUTHLESS murder of a man trying to unite spiritual communities, when radicals of his own *faith* system believe in killing all "infidels" along with any Muslim who is a genuine friend to those "infidels".

Sadly, Asad Shah, a true Muslim friend of Christians was murdered for posting on Facebook a message of "Goodwill...celebrating the Easter holidays" to all of his "beloved Christian nation X".. (don't know what the X refers to). Hours later, he was murdered---stabbed 30 times and had his head stomped on by a fellow Muslim. Excerpts of the incident are in the below quote--link is in the article's title.

"Murder of a man of peace: Muslim shopkeeper who wished his 'beloved Christian nation' a Happy Easter is stabbed 30 times by a FELLOW MUSLIM who sat laughing on his dying victim's chest"

By Sara Smyth for the Daily Mail
                          Published: 08:02 EST, 25 March 2016; Updated: 05:56 EST, 26 March 2016

". . .
                          Police, who were questioning a 32-year-old suspect last night, said the killing was religiously motivated.

Mohammad Faisal, a family friend, said a bearded Muslim wearing a long religious robe entered Mr Shah's shop and spoke to him in his native language before stabbing him in the head with a kitchen knife.
                          . . .
                          'It was just a clear-cut revenge attack. For posting messages about peace, messages about greeting fellow Christians and Jews.

'That man must not have been too happy about what he was doing, what he was preaching. It was a well-planned attack. He must have been an extremist.
                          . . .
                          Thousands from across the country also paid their respects to Mr Shah to comment on his bravery and dedication to cross-faith living, with many using the hashtag #thisisnotwhoweare.

Deeply religious, Mr Shah worked to foster cross-community relations in Glasgow and had been planning to host an online debate last night with Christian friends about the importance of Easter. Friends said he observed both Christian and Muslim holidays, and never failed to send out Easter and Christmas cards. And he used his social media accounts to promote harmony on religious holidays.
                          . . ."
                          Somehow, I believe, if Asad Shah was not allowed by the *radical believing* side of his own Muslim faith to believe in Christianity--openly or privately, I firmly believe he may be or *is* (safely) with Jesus now. May his family and friends be protected and encouraged to continue the path of genuine peace Mr. Asad Shah displayed in life and in writing.

If death is a metamorphosis to receive a far more beautiful *body form* into eternal paradise, then those who experience this will have something to look forward to. Otherwise, much spiritual strength and "peace that surpasses all understanding" for those who "believe and have not seen (Jesus)".. and end up murdered / slaughtered by the will of people who oppose such a belief will have nothing much to hope for if/when their death finally comes in vain--by deliberate or natural means.

And yes, that is also if the hope in being raptured while still alive and well and never experiencing death is just a legend and nothing more.

Comment

re: Alberta, Canada -- Extreme fire Emergency situation (initial reports started May 3, 2016.. today is May 7, 2016).

Thought I'd post this info here, instead of the *hot* topics, so it wouldn't interrupt the (current) conversations going on over there. So, if anyone would like to share or update, please do. (just please be nice)

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                            Subjects for possible tracking Earth's future prophecies and discussions thereof --
                            . . .
                            * Financial issues -- collapse of monetary systems locally and worldwide
                            . . .
                            * natural disasters -- flooding, earthquakes, droughts, megastorms, etc.
                            ---- plagues, famines
                            . . .

* solutions suggested or made pro/con against global warming, pollution, & reforestation
                            I came across a video the other day watching this horrible firestorm being fanned across the Canadian plains (tar sands area), and couldn't believe the authorities waited so long to warn the residents of what many of them actually had to drive thru to escape. A wildfire had started west of the area, and approximately 88,000 residents and workers were forced to evacuate the area east of the firestorm by and in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada.

Sad news is most of those people have lost everything they owned, except their life and whatever they escaped the area with. Some people got stranded on the highway while the fires torching the drought-stricken trees were reaching the road and embers were blown across while drivers couldn't dodge themselves out of harms way. There was a tiny little bush on fire a few feet away from the front of a house for a few moments and then the wind blew that tiny campfire into a raging inferno which blew under the roof of the house, and then the whole house caught fire.

One of the videos from the back window of someone's truck also getting pelted with hot embers (that also showed the above bush fire/inferno) in or near the Beacon Hill (residential) area, showed a motorcyclist getting showered with live embers in the worst area with smoke and fiery embers landing everywhere, including on him, so he finally booked it as fast as he could out of there. Not sure if he ever made it to safety in time, but he was traveling with nothing and probably lost his home, as well.

Most of the earliest news reports were stating that the firestorm was started by severe drought, early warm and dry spring, no rain, and conditions perfect for such a scenario to ignite. "Global warming/climate change" news and the like, yada yada yada. Well, yeah, CLIMATE change! Ever since the deep earthquake off Australia that caused the tsunami in Indonesia/India --a decade ago?-- it seems the earth shifted it's seasonal climate zones by about 2,000 miles -- east and diagonally, too (possibly in either direction) at least in the northern hemisphere. Not sure about how the southern hemisphere zones have changed.

So, what actually *sparked* the first fleck of flame? The news reports claim they (still) don't know. But arson isn't being ruled out--this is the TAR SANDS area of Canada. Oh, and what's that about energy consumption by coal or oil production.. keystone pipeline..
                            Who has production of oil and how..? Who wants total control of that production, etc., and won't let certain areas of the world access use that same oil..? Watch our energy bills go up again. (USA is being strangled in more ways than one, yet "oh, there's nothing to be concerned about.." so claim certain *officials* revealing that sort of info..)

Also, possible carelessness by a tossed cigarette or sparks that make have resulted from some sort of RV out road-biking is also being reviewed as potential starter of this disaster.

Also, affecting this situation is the industry of energy production from the tar sands themselves. If the tar sands catch fire, it may become very difficult to stop since it covers such a large regional area.

The other issue is that much of Canada's main economy comes from the production of the tar sands/oil and gas energy conversion. If this is sabotage to wreck an economy, it sure would fit in with the windy weather under arson. How many California fires *seemed* to suddenly appear when the Santa Ana winds pushed the flames into places that people hoped would never get damaged, but did..?

(will continue this in next post..)

Comment

(Continued from above)
                              re: Alberta, Canada -- Extreme fire Emergency situation (initial reports started May 3, 2016.. today is May 7, 2016).

Below are a few of the articles. It's heart-breaking watching the videos because it just is. If anyone has ever been involved in helping out families ousted by fires (not from anything they did or knowingly did), it's just heartbreaking knowing the emotional trauma that is involved and all. Plus, some of the families fled and left their pets behind (for whatever the reasons) trapped in the burning homes. At least the forest animals might have a speck of a chance at fleeing, but these poor creatures are stuck, until the flames reach them.

Of course, I think the first article below should state the burn area might *triple* in size (or something to that effect.. the immediate future news is not good)
                              (please on the article titles to access link to complete article)

"Canada's Fort McMurray wildfire 'to double in size'"
                              BBC, May 7, 2016

A huge wildfire which devastated the Canadian oil town of Fort McMurray could double in size over the next 24 hours, officials say.

The blaze now covers an area larger than New York City and is being fanned by winds and feeding on dry vegetation.
                              Thousands of people have been airlifted out but a mass convoy evacuating people from oil worker camps in the north was halted on Friday as huge flames flanked the road...

There is growing concern over the air quality for those still north, CBC reported.
                              The city is in the heart of Canada's oil sands country, and the region has the world's third-largest reserves of oil.

As much as a quarter of the country's oil production has been halted by the fire, raising concerns about the effect on the Canadian economy.
                              Also... (I think on You-tube) saw the wooden support beams of a tressel bridge burn down -- right over one of the rivers. So much for that transit route for a while, now.

"There's more to Fort McMurray than oil sands – it's a real community"
                              by Aritha van Herk, Friday 6 May 2016 07.46 EDT

Alberta driver's dashcam footage of wildfire...
                              Fort McMurray is a real place, not a Dante-esque metaphor for hell, despite the wildfires currently raging, which has forced its entire evacuation...

The indigenous peoples, Cree, Chipewyan and Dene, have called this region home for centuries...

...For all the noise from the celebrity environmentalists (most of them American), Fort McMurray is not an ecological disaster. It is true that about 30% of the population is employed in the mining and oil and gas extraction industry, and it is true that oil and gas are the main industry...

...So get it straight. The oil sands are not on fire...
                              Yet.

If this fire began from deliberate arson, whoever started it knew exactly how such a tiny spark could wreck a good portion of a country's economy. If the fire started naturally, then the issues are revealing failures in the flow of proper emergency management in bringing in huge boatloads of water -- fast!! The few planes that have dumped drops of water on wherever they could shows how frail humans are against nature's fury. Out in the middle of nowhere with a drought and next to a river -- even the rivers didn't stop the flames, since the embers flew across to the other side and ignited more land, putting both humans and animals in serious danger.

And now neighboring province of Saskatchewan is under FIRE advisories.

"Canada wildfire: Alberta blaze threatens neighbouring province"
                              BBC, May 7, 2016

...There is the possibility of rain on Sunday and Monday, and the fire is spreading into remote wooded areas minimising its danger...

Fort McMurray is in the heart of Canada's oil sands country, and the region has the world's third-largest reserves of oil.

As much as a quarter of the country's oil production has been halted by the fire, raising concerns about the effect on the Canadian economy.

There are warnings the blaze could burn to the edge of a facility run by Suncor Energy but officials said the site is highly resistant to fire damage.
                              Really? highly resistant? Never say never. Always prepare for the worst and hope for something better, instead.

Now, in the USA, northern Minnesota has a wildfire, and Wisconsin is also under RED FLAG fire watch warnings. Summer isn't even here yet. Plus, this is destroying valuable water. I hate to add that the Bible says that "in the last days" (time near the end of this age), a third of the earth will be burned up.. well, it's started. Middle East oil fields in 1991.. Southern Africa around a decade ago from deliberate "ethnic cleansing" -- could see huge portions of the smoke from the international space station. Australia's annual fires and floods.. California and parts of the west scarred from fires -- some caused from arsonists.. Texas and the southern midwest aquifer region dried and burned up.. and now Canada.. Eastern Alaska along the British Columbia, Canadian border is also under FIRE advisory watches too.

The environmental complaints for *Caring for our earth* also should mean putting a STOP to these disasters ASAP!! Don't wait for the problem(s) to get so far beyond, that these situations end up becoming a totally out-of-control disaster zone. There are only so much the locals can do to prevent and stabilize their disaster zones. There's been "talk" of building fire-and-flood control pipelines to help redirect supplies to areas in desperate need, but it's expensive and obviously not going anywhere.

Comment

Ummm.............
                                Climate Change, you know, the stuff that does not exist "because Snowball"
                                Yeah...........
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X