Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    You make a lot of accusations without even knowing me.
    ahhh, jelgate, {{{cyberhugs}}}
    anywho...you wrote--
    The US gets blamed for everything. Its best to just ignore it and move on
    To which I do agree with, to some extent about US getting blamed for everything. When I first heard about the US getting blamed for IS trying to take over the whole world, I thought whoever said that, was off their mental rocker. However, when looking deeper into the whole issue---
    Sadly, the Islamic State *is* partly the USA gvt. admin's fault, whether *we* as a collective nation or them (the USA gvt) realize it or not -- a domino effect occurred from a series of events that happened -- And, not sure which end to pick on that might narrow down the exact time-frame, as someone already noted somewhere that it was during Pres.GWBush's term that the leader of IS was first captured and put into prison. Not sure if causing him to be put there started this whole ISIL/IS issue would have occurred if he was put there and then freed at the beginning of Pres.Obama's first term (2009) or if someone else would have risen up to take that position. Doesn't matter now, anyway. The damage is already done.

The US gets blamed for everything. Its best to just ignore it and move on

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Easy to do when not living in or near any of the #1 targeted zones (NY/DC). Easier said than done to just ignore what is out of sight and out of mind. Thus, people forget -- when not in *their* neighborhood, so...
    You make a lot of accusations without even knowing me. That's just like what a lot of people do when they bash the US
    My reply was *not* directed at you. (I'm native born to the whole NY/NJ-USA area, and lived a few years in southern Michigan, near the Canadian border, too). It was basically a generic reaction (more directed at our local radio programs harping on these things and ignoring what some of the concerned callers call up about), because that's all I ever hear from certain radio program stations (mostly in the NY area).. Other times, I see it written in the blog comments in various news articles--the same ho-hum (sometimes very apathetic) attitude to just ignore it.. it'll go away on its own.

So, my reply was not directed at you. I also happened to live within the #1 NY metro zone during the whole 2001 nightmare, so, this is NOT easy to forget. Doesn't help when the media announces new threats being added, now, probably on a weekly basis -- and hearing them being pushed into a nationwide spread (we're all doomed scenario) -- on top of what happened 13 years ago, just doesn't provide a happy future for our children, let alone a semi-pleasant retirement for older folks.

Too many times I hear the radio hosts get agitated enough that they blurt out "just ignore it and move on" as if our previous life pre-2001 would return to *normal*... thus, people tend to forget when their memories are out of sight and out of mind. That is NOT going to happen. These people are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring who's waltzing in right behind their behinds oozing with "oh, what a tempting target (generic) *you* are..!"

Having many (of my) relatives driving into NYC daily is disturbing enough (for other reasons that are very obvious to residents in this regional area..!). -- We don't need to have the rest of the planet threatening EMPs, bio/dirty bombs and nukes to add to the aggravation of other events in our daily life. It's really frustrating trying to have *normal* conversations with people and pretend the other threats simply don't exist.

On the brighter side, I'd like to say that me not having any short term memory has helped me thru many moments of emotional upsets, but the long-term memory just won't go away. It's always there, and I can't understand how someone can live with no short-term memory (can't remember things within 2 minutes or 2 seconds ago), but can remember things from months and years ago. Selective memory? Usually happens when someone brings up the subject again, over and over again -- so it becomes permanently bound to the memory brain.
    Last edited by SGalisa; 01 September 2014, 07:49 AM. Reason: expanded, re-clarified info

Comment

I understand but its not worth the effort to argue with people who want to blame the US all the time. They are stuck in their viewpoint and are never going to change no matter how strong the argument is. I see it all the time
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Just blame Jel, it's easier.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Just blame Jel, it's easier.
          Wow, tough to be Jel sometimes, I reckon.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Wow, tough to be Jel sometimes, I reckon.
            Only if I care what others think about me. I don't
            Jelgate is right

Comment

See, that's why I blame Jel.
              sigpic

Comment

I still don't care
                Jelgate is right

Comment

That's my point.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is my point

*pokes random person*
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This is my point

*pokes random person*
                      *Constructs a volume describing who Jel poked, why he poked them, reflections of why he poked said person or personages and Justifies Jels actions in parables on why the person being poked deserved it.

Must stay on topic
                      sigpic

Comment

She was an enemy of mine. That was justification enough
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

She was an enemy of mine. That was justification enough
                          Justification for you perhaps, but how do you expect to build an Empire with such simple responses?
                          sigpic

Comment

Its simple. All my enemies are used to fuel my death ray
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its simple. All my enemies are used to fuel my death ray
                              You should break into Apologetics with that notion
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't want too
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X