Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Ooooooo! you bad!

I wanted to add something about global warming causing most of the eastern half of the USA to eventually end up under water, while Yellowstone blows its super-volcano lid and covers most of the western and midwest with LAVA, soot and ash...
    ...time to move out of the USA...
    ---- it's hopeless... we're all doomed, our gov't says so (but moreso about the rising waters) ----
    yeah. right. whatever.

(need time to find the articles on all that, tho.)
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You had to say it...
    Yes yes some one had to...

And this time looks to be just as HORRIBLE as the time EL NINO destroyed the world back in the 90's .

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.......AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

awww. was that for mwahhhhhh??
      you're so sweet...

if yes (needling for mwahhhhhhh), just remembering my Catholic roots from whence I came, and all of the thoughts that came during those olden days, too! a lot of my family still is Catholic, so we're sort of learning these things together from a combined POV. =)

Oooooo! "Bread of Heaven" (or bread from heaven) --- food for thought!!! what gem of notes I found in there! sort of important things I had totally forgotten about, probably because they've been ironed into my memory, and blended into the subconscious for some sort of retrieval later in life. ...later...

Actually, even before I found the parallel study between the book of Isaiah and the entire 66 selected *chosen* books of the combined Hebrew and Greek testaments, I was told by several bible teachers that the 66 books of the Bible were chosen by God, and inspired by the Holy Spirit to guide the persons making the final authoritative decisions of what is important from God, and what was not. God sends lots of things thru the fires of refinement. Tossing out chunks of information that might distract from the core of what was more important on God's agenda has nothing to do with "defacing" a book, which is more like an encyclopedia of history (or historical events). If the books within weren't totally *blessed* by God and ordained by his *Holy Spirit* as significant for teaching or whatever, then there is nothing being defaced when the items weren't that *important* to begin with. Also, where most of the world hasn't even heard of the bible -- God's WORD (his code of LAW and guiding spirit) is written (or built) into their hearts (or heart of hearts).

Seriously, when I was growing up Catholic, the Bible was considered super-sacred and every page was super special (but ohhhhhh, what horrible painting pictures were included inside that particular edition). After I got married and saw an NIV children's edition with the most gorgeous water-color illustrations, I wanted it... and a copy was given to me as a gift. It became my most used Bible edition -- so much that the pages began to fall apart. So, does that make it defaced? Or just a tad
      OVERUSED..?

I forget what year it finally fell completely apart, but I still wouldn't let go of it. It had too many notes written into the pages and verses underlined in various, brilliantly hued rainbow schemes everywhere. To me, it was *BEAUTIFUL*. To God, it's probably only worth something significant (to me) if I follow the wisdom from within it--only according to God's will and within his way, etc. And I bought a *Precious Moments* version, too, when those came out. It was in memory of my Catholic co-worker, who died from cancer. I gave her a Catholic Precious Moments edition, after she ended up permanently in the hospital, but when she never recovered, her Bible went to her sister's family... and so, eventually, because I missed seeing both her and it, I bought another one for myself...I love the pictures--they are sooooo *me* (hey, my wedding cake had a pre-*precious moments* type of little boy and girl on it, courtesy of my mom, since she made the entire cake).
      actually doesn't it say in sacred Scripture that "nothing shall be added to or taken away from this book?"

sounds to me like Martin Luther was breaking the very rules set forth in the Scriptures by tearing out the Deuterocanonicals...esp. considering the fact that he added a word to a verse in the Bible that was not there previously...and basically told his followers that if anyone raises a stink over his addition that he would have it so and thus it is so or something to that effect....sounds like an egomaniac to me

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        actually doesn't it say in sacred Scripture that "nothing shall be added to or taken away from this book?"
        More on that later (the verse is in Revelation 22:18-19). I was actually studying this again months ago, and wondered if it was referring to *stuff* only in the Book of Revelation (the prophecies of the end of the ages), or combined info from Revelation and Jesus' words in the Gospels about the end, or the Bible as a whole entity? Re-reading the verse again, may change its meaning since WE the readers don't really know exactly all of what that statement is referring to. I found four versions of the Bible having additional books added.

Which version is God referring to is HIS absolute version, and the others are wrong? I'm not going to answer that other than stick with the Isaiah comparison version as to having some sort of significant meaning to it. I don't think that is what the verse in Revelation is referring to. I think the warning has more to do with the altering the prophecies themselves and the words of what Jesus revealed, than reading additional fables and journals that the Catholic and Orthodox Church added to years later (as their own "official" versions).

Altho, I'm not sure if adding those other books is what the warning of Revelation may have been hinting to either.

Comment

So, a little refresher...

* obvious future prophecies mentioned in the Bible---
          ---- Ezekiel 38 and 39 (war against Israel by alignment of nations),
          ---- book of Joel,
          ---- Daniel 9-12
          ---- Matthew 24-25, Mark 13, Luke 21 (signs of "the end of the age")
          ---- Revelation -- all of it, and any other Bible refs discovered along the way.
          * contrasting prophecies from other sources such as---
          prophecies of Nostradamus, Aztecs/Mayan calendar, Native Americans, whoever and from wherever..
          (please be specific in what the prophecy is---if possible)

* Basically, international news of (Jewish) Israel's survival (Bible prophecy) vs. the world
          ---- Israel's gas discovery as potential sparks in feuding over who will control that region.
          ---- Israel's 3rd Temple (and details thereof) -- to build or not and where...?
          Possible (Bible) prophecies in the news... TOO MUCH news in one weekend! yikes!
          Currently under wars and rumors of wars, etc.

News from the BBC that Iraq's latest terror squad ISIS has been making threats against the USA.
          Also, news all weekend stating that Iran knows that ISIS is on Iran's doorstep, so to speak, so Iran will not (or should not) hesitate to act in stopping ISIS from threatening Iran. Iran WILL blow ISIS away, if push comes to shove and rather sooner than later. And since President Obama basically took the weekend off and was noted to be playing golf somewhere in California (it *was* FATHER's Day in the USA afterall), hey IRAN, don't wait for the USA to sort thru its paperwork.. your hides are literally in danger! (and not from the USA)

Last week, Army Col. Kenneth King, one of the guys in charge of the camp where the now current leader of ISIS was--well, King believed all was well and just a joke when the prisoner was freed in 2009 and said he'll see his prison camp's guard (or person who was in charge of it) in NEW YORK in the future. The US commanding officer (of then) believed the Sunni guy he watched leave the prison camp was not a threat to anyone, because the guy seemed quiet and on good behavior.

The articles listing this were in the Daily Beast and the Blaze, and USA Today and a few others, and many more since then (ABC, CBS).
          Well, it's now 2014, the same US Army Col. Kenneth King read the headlines and realized this guy who said he'll be meeting again in NY (USA), believes the former prisoner is now "the worst of the worst" because he is now the leader of ISIS and ordering tortures or executions of various gov't heads (literally their heads) one way or another, to death.
          Now, the US military officer isn't so sure he is safe as this Sunni guy may actually be coming after *HIM* or his family, and could do so soon (under a different name or in disguise), since money is no longer a problem (ISIS stole the money when they invaded a strategic Iraqi town)...

With equivalent to 490 million USA dollars in Iraqi money was stolen by ISIS from the Iraqi bank, anything is now possible.
          ISIS also now has taken over the lovely technology that the US gov't left for Iraq to protect itself in the future, but now those gov't officials are dead, and the technology is now in ISIS' control.

Somewhere along the way, Iraqi's who fled from ISIS when the mass slaughters were occurring, slowly began returning to the region, because the prices of food and fuel was cheaper than it had been before. Well, in one way, of course, the money was stolen and isn't it easier to lure human lemmings in with honey (cheap stuff) than bitter vinegar? The Blaze article reporting this had readers commenting that such an act may be for ISIS to use these naive folks as human shields, so that IRAN and anyone else daring to do so won't attack ISIS in the region. ISIS didn't waste any time if that was indeed their strategy.

And then yesterday (due to news of this being posted on gw after midnight here), the BBC had an article about ISIS already possibly entering the USA on passports (stolen or faked or whatever).

Also last week, a popular radio talk host was complaining about (President) Obama and his administration NEEDS to do something immediately, because this situation with ISIS is of "EPIC proportions..!!" The radio guy sounded like he was doing a verbal imitation of Lost in Space's Robot character shouting
          "WARNING! WARNING! DANGER Will Robinson!" I sort of pictured the radio guy screaming into his mic and flinging his arms in various directions just like the Robot with the "EPIC!!" warnings.

I was listening to that radio broadcast and thinking "EPIC..??" -- he has no idea HOW EPIC!! (read the "end of the ages" prophecies of the Bible.. THAT sort of epic!!) I was reading a few prophecy sites, and they were saying that within one month, many of the *Bible* players who weren't previously on the seen yet, have now appeared, and basically the players are all lining up like a bunch of dominoes!

Really, this same radio host guy was saying there already were Sunni Muslims in (Detroit) Michigan, of whom he claimed many were his friends. Gee, does he realize they don't need to travel overseas if they may already be on USA soil? He's afraid of the Sunni's from ISIS in Iraq, tho. So, who are the other Sunni's in Detroit? Rumors have been around for several years that the Muslims already in the USA want to enforce Sharia law in Michigan (and Minnesota), too. This is what ISIS is currently doing in Iraq and slaughtering anyone in opposition.

Anyway, on top of all that, I also came across another piece of prophecy news that is very important, and if this is the beginning of those years to dread, there was a little creature born (as in literal *Holy cow*) right on schedule, destined for Israel to fulfill its end of the prophecies. Further studies claim the Temple isn't needed to be built for this creature's destiny, but I was sort of both happy for Israel, but saddened for the cow, because she may very well be "God's chosen" one for this one purpose (something the super religious of Judaism have been looking forward to literally for centuries). There are a few other cow (heifer) candidates also already in the waiting, just in case this little one doesn't fit the task. Someone now needs to step forward and bring the ark of the covenant to the appointed place (Israeli priests know where this place will be or is), and then the rest of the puzzle pieces will fall naturally into place.
          Last edited by SGalisa; 16 June 2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: expanded info

Comment

Remember when Harold Camping was using real world events and the Bible to predict the end of the world? How did that go?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It goes VERY WELL!!!!!!!!!!!

But I wouldn't expect you of limited intelligence to understand it.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Remember when Harold Camping was using real world events and the Bible to predict the end of the world? How did that go?
                this is different. It's not date-setting. Just being aware of the *signs of the times* and the season we may be in or entering.
                Remember what Jesus said about the season of spring being near. We know when the season starts because of how the flowers start blooming and animals come out from their winter dens, etc. Same thing, just on a political world wide scale.

Another thing, the events must occur when Israel is back in the land as a nation for the prophecies about it to happen, otherwise, it's moot and makes no sense. Also, like *BIRTH PANGS* these events will begin to occur in crescendo frequencies. Sort of like an orchestra warming up its instruments in individual scenarios and then having the entire orchestra playing altogether at the finale stanza.

So far, rumors are claiming our historical timeline is about to give birth (any week on the birthing timeline, which could be any day or any year on our timeline scale).
                I've been studying this stuff since the 1980's, and have never seen the items now occurring that are practically coming off the pages of Ezekiel, Isaiah, and Daniel for starters. For one thing, I never understood who was who, and I don't think the folks who wrote about that years ago knew either. They only knew what regions would be major players. Last week, a new one got added which may or may not fulfill the Assyrian empire as foretold. Iraq is soon to vote on splitting itself into different entities (equivalent to states or regional counties within a country) is what is believed to be revealing the who's who in shaping up the region--just as the bible said it would happen.

Israel's (red) heifer news in the same week (newest news update just heard about last week) was just an added bonus,
                because its occurrence is on part of the same prophetic map as the political and warring news events are in. I had to take a double look on that, because it's been in the news before as failed news, but this one is another brandy new one and was heard about in the same week as Iran and Iraq's future is being decided (by ISIS..and ISIS ain't waiting much longer to accomplish their own goals).

Israel needs to be on the watch and in prayer. Many bible believing folks believe Israel will be on its own and a false Messiah will come to its rescue during an hour of need, but will betray soon after. That is all in the prophecies, too.

Comment

Guh....How much time in the intelligentsia do people like ^ spend!?
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh dear
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Didn't he adjust the date a few times? Misread, or misinterpreted the signs?

Can't remember.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Remember what Jesus said about the season of spring being near.
                        Wait, how old are you exactly?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There are calendars which mark all the dates the world is supposed to end.. At least a dozen or so each year

The Bible can be used to predict anything if you're careful about which bits you choose and how loosely you interpret what is written..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            There are calendars which mark all the dates the world is supposed to end.. At least a dozen or so each year

The Bible can be used to predict anything if you're careful about which bits you choose and how loosely you interpret what is written..

I have to laugh when people come out with these predictions.

WHY??????????

Do you want the world to end?

Why?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I have to laugh when people come out with these predictions.

WHY??????????

Do you want the world to end?

Why?
                              The simple Answer is YES, Yes they do.
                              It helps people make sense of a chaotic system that is uncaring, unfeeling, and unworried about them as individuals. I find it funny, because one of the things warned about in the Bible is that no one will know the time, the date or the form of "God's Judgement" and the Warning is not "it will happen" it is to beware of the sin of pride. To read signs and portents is as good as worshipping the golden calf in Christian mythology, and that's not my POV, that's Biblical Gods POV.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I would prefer all the giant monsters from the Godzilla franchise snap into being and destroy the world.

An Apocalypse that puts on a good floor show.

And then all the zombie fans can go SUCK IT!
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X