Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    If I am reading this correctly, Annoyed is stating that it is totally acceptable to NUKE Mars,...
    Funnily enough it's Chaka who's in favor of nuking Mars, not Annoyed.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You've got it backwards.
    Chaka-Z0 wants to throw nukes around. I'm against the idea.
    Annoyed is arguing against it, in fact.

This should apply to every planet humans might want to go live on or set up some sort of living / work (employment?) situation.
    Don't worry, the space radiation will have killed us long before we've reached Mars.

Space Radiation Will Damage Mars Astronauts' Brains

Institute of Physics: Long-duration space travel

Well, if people would heed what's been stated from the Bible, the humans on this planet will be at war soon enough with each other, enough to annihilate that extermination termination into a reality.
    People would do better to get their heads of fictional books, and heed to the warnings Mother Nature is throwing at us. Because those I can see, feel and hear. Those are real and here right now.

Also, it doesn't help that Trumpiewumpie ****ed up the Iran deal, let the Non-Proliferation Deal with Russia expire and oh... didn't something nuclear explode in Russia earlier this week or late last week. Let alone NK having a blast (pun intended) with their missile testings.

It's not God that'll save us all, it's the people who have to act and do something about the world they live in, or we're all doomed in the end.

There are some folks who believe President Trump has gained us earthlings some time by stalling this dreadful future from happening sooner, than later.
    Yes, because all those environmental rules he's doing away with will make it better living on this planet.

What happens after he's out of office and power control? For the USA, who knows... it was nice meeting you all when we had the opportunity to chat.
    Then the clean up of his mess starts... and I pity the person who'll be responsible for that mess. They need more than 4 years to fix that orange mess.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole Greenland-buying thing. Not quite sure if it's a joke still...

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    C'mon guys it's just two tiny nukes, imagine the fun we could have!
    BOOM!!! Goes the nuke!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

C'mon guys it's just two tiny nukes, imagine the fun we could have!
      In that case, let's drop them on Canada, specifically the IJC & the Moses-Saunders Dam which they are using to flood Lake Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        People would do better to get their heads of fictional books, and heed to the warnings Mother Nature is throwing at us. Because those I can see, feel and hear. Those are real and here right now.
        You can't possibly *know* that that is fiction. I don't buy it either, but I can't *know* either way.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole Greenland-buying thing. Not quite sure if it's a joke still...
        I think that's where he's gonna send all the illegal immigrants since we can't seem to stop the invasion.

Comment

I honestly don't see the issue with deploying two localized tactical warheads on Mars, it's a barren planet (on the surface at least). Besides, the irony is strong considering all our countries have done and (maybe) still does nuclear testing underwater and underground and I have never heard any of you raise objections to that.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I honestly don't see the issue with deploying two localized tactical warheads on Mars, it's a barren planet (on the surface at least). Besides, the irony is strong considering all our countries have done and (maybe) still does nuclear testing underwater and underground and I have never heard any of you raise objections to that.
            It's a barren planet in your mind because none of the talking heads have told you otherwise. If you think it through for yourself, though, you will realize that there is no way that we can possibly know for sure there is no life to be concerned with there for the simple reason that we haven't been there yet. All we can really say is that we haven't found life where our probes have looked.

Comment

We can never anything for certain. That is the whole basis of science
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                We can never anything for certain. That is the whole basis of science
                Annoyed's diagnostic goes as follow:

Slothful inductions
                Slothful induction, also called appeal to coincidence, is a fallacy in which an inductive argument is denied its proper conclusion, despite strong evidence for inference.
                Faulty generalizations
                A faulty generalization is a conclusion about all or many instances of a phenomenon that has been reached on the basis of just one or just a few instances of that phenomenon.
                Argument from ignorance
                It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

There's no easy way to say this, I'm very sorry... you have the MAGA Annoyed.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Sorry about that. I got interrupted and had to leave before I could proof my post...
                  So, previously, this is what happened...

Etc...
                  If I am reading this correctly, Annoyed is stating that it is totally acceptable to NUKE Mars, without having any idea first if there truly *is* life already on that planet. This should apply to every planet humans might want to go live on or set up some sort of living / work (employment?) situation. There should be some sort of protocols already established and set up in place *before* we humans go off messing with other planetary bodies beyond this little earth.

I agree with terra-forming, but do it on a gradual, natural growth method. Set up hydroponic gardens and expand gradually. It's folly thinking to go forth with an instant --"hey, NUKE this distant planet from earth, cause it just might work" method. Then, maybe in 20 or so years, humans can visit and set up living quarters that may be closer to what we're used to on earth... and do so just because it sounds good in *theory* and possible computer scenarios.

What *seems* to work theoretically on paper or in a virtual reality environment, doesn't always work in REAL reality.

Actually, I think nuking a rocky planet that looks dead, just might STAY rocky and "dead" even after NUKING it. With Mars' already thin atmosphere, how many times do solar winds and gamma rays bombard Mars? Probably more times than us interested folks have never been told. And what were the obvious results? Our Rovers from earth have found NO life...

You've got it backwards.

Chaka-Z0 wants to throw nukes around. I'm against the idea.

I don't know about those Canadian lizards. Seem pretty violent to me.
                  Funnily enough it's Chaka who's in favor of nuking Mars, not Annoyed.

Annoyed is arguing against it, in fact.
                  . . .
                  Trying this again...
                  "If I am reading this correctly..." then
                  What Chaka was stating is -- that it *is* totally acceptable to NUKE Mars, but to do so at the poles... Annoyed was countering that with NO it is NOT acceptable to just do that. I am saying some sort of protocols need to be put into place before earth based humans go terra-forming *any* planet beyond their own little earth.

I personally do not see how nuking even the poles of Mars would make much of a difference, especially if
                  -- there are no microbial lifeforms that need nuclear energy to stimulate initial growth (or growth spurts), such as those creatures discovered at the bottom of our earth's oceans, which live near volcanic vents, and get their bursts into life from the volcanic activity under the ocean.
                  -- if the atmosphere already has had a history of various solar and other gamma rays hitting Mars and still no life has formed yet. That right there should be a significant factor in this study!

Oh, and BTW, has anyone really taken a good, close view of the image in the article I posted?

"Elon Musk Floats 'Nuke Mars' Idea Again (He Has T-Shirts)"
                  "Nuke Mars!" Musk tweeted Thursday (Aug. 15). "T-shirt soon."
                  By Mike Wall, August 17, 2019
                  At the very top of the article is a picture of Mars, which seems to be a deliberate choice for this particular article. I've seen this photo before years ago, but not in such close-up detail... or perhaps, I simply never noticed the (angry-frown smiley or) primitive "facial" shape that appears within the X-shape.
                  Example ----> >

There is a definite X- feature (shape) with a face drawn within its prominent marker lines. Two eyes at the top edges of the X, a nose at the center (of the X), and a very distinct frown... It makes the image look photo-shopped, but I found out it is a REAL image, including the meteor holes in the places of the facial features mentioned. I (bing'd/googled &) tracked down other NASA/etc. images, and the shape with the crater holes for the eyes and nose is actually ALL there. It's just the angle the picture was taken that this "face" looks like some ET's were taking target practice at the planet, and *Mars* was NOT too happy about the results.

"Hurl-the-meteor at Mars on the X" game, and make a face. So the eyes and nose got hit and thus drawn slightly out of a *perfect* position. ...still, the photo is too funny for a coincidence in this particular subject matter...

Also, it doesn't help that Trumpiewumpie ****ed up the Iran deal, let the Non-Proliferation Deal with Russia expire and oh... didn't something nuclear explode in Russia earlier this week or late last week. Let alone NK having a blast (pun intended) with their missile testings.

It's not God that'll save us all, it's the people who have to act and do something about the world they live in, or we're all doomed in the end.

Yes, because all those environmental rules he's doing away with will make it better living on this planet.

Then the clean up of his mess starts... and I pity the person who'll be responsible for that mess. They need more than 4 years to fix that orange mess.

BOOM!!! Goes the nuke!
                  Heeding the warnings of "Mother Nature" doesn't seem to be politically motivating to most of those personas in *wanna-be power* control positions, until some horrible crisis occurs according to some personas already either in power control or wanna-be in control out there...

As for President Trump... (people need to) stop blaming everything on Trump or Republicans or anyone NOT pro-USA democrat. When he's out of office, the next person(s) will get plenty of blame and blame-shift for what will be happening to the planet at that and future time(s). Maybe people will be blind at first from seeing this, but there is a strong feeling among many (not just myself) that when TSHTPF, what begins as local disputes will end up going out of control and escalate into a world-wide disaster situation.... FAR WORSE than whatever is happening now, even with over 30% of the USA and world's population(s) blaming President Trump for whatever has gone/still goes wrong or will go wrong.

As for the HOPE factor... if war breaks out... like BIG-time/major end.of.life.as.we.know.it.type.of.war... there will be no hope of surviving, since it will be a battle to the last human(s) breathing... and then what? Oh, maybe those frozen embryos might help in rebuilding the planet... that is, if the embryos can be found and were not damaged, and the person bringing them to life actually does the procedures correctly! In the meantime, the hypothetic losers -who-think-they-are-winners- who are left don't know how to farm or take care of their own selves properly when fallen ill, or if they have a major fall/injury, they are totally screwed and just as good as dead.

Sorry, but that's the negative, skeptical side of my nature speaking in a worst case scenario...

I prefer the Biblical story version better. At least there, the *hope* factor has a higher percentage of providing help, when least expecting it!

Comment

Trying this again...
                    "If I am reading this correctly..." then
                    What Chaka was stating is -- that it *is* totally acceptable to NUKE Mars, but to do so at the poles... Annoyed was countering that with NO it is NOT acceptable to just do that.
                    Yep, it seems Annoyed either doesn't understand or just got triggered with the word "nuke" assuming the worst.

I personally do not see how nuking even the poles of Mars would make much of a difference, especially if
                    -- there are no microbial lifeforms that need nuclear energy to stimulate initial growth
                    The scientific crowd doesn't really believe this would work, and Musk is just trolling again. He's a meme-lord, it is known.

This was more of a joke and a PR stunt than anything else, I must admit I enjoyed trolling you. There's still a purpose behind this, which is raising awareness for what's coming next.

As for President Trump... (people need to) stop blaming everything on Trump or Republicans or anyone NOT pro-USA democrat.
                    I will do no such thing. If you vote for him you're just as bad as him, it's that simple. It makes you a collaborator. The last election I can forgive, nobody really knew him, but not for 2020.

Talking about this idiot see how he decided to bow to the NRA and do NOTHING to at least tighten the GC regs? Yep, the biatch of the lobby.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Updates:
                      https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...-theory-2019-8

The whole thing is explained right there in simple terms.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Updates:
                        https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...-theory-2019-8

The whole thing is explained right there in simple terms.
                        Well, that might work better, such as this----
                        "satellites equipped with solar reflectors could be preferable to dropping nuclear weapons"

Might also help warm up the planet more, since it's average temps are more on the colder side of earth's chilly temps.

Yep, it seems Annoyed either doesn't understand or just got triggered with the word "nuke" assuming the worst.
                        Yah think??? He's not the only one thinking the *worst*... or "Mars project NUKE --fail" for the reasons that have already been stated / theorized.

The scientific crowd doesn't really believe this would work, and Musk is just trolling again. He's a meme-lord, it is known.

This was more of a joke and a PR stunt than anything else...
                        Well, then, why didn't you say so in the first place...? Raising the angst levels quite a bit with wasted tax dollars, if such event ever went thru that way...

I must admit I enjoyed trolling you. There's still a purpose behind this, which is raising awareness for what's coming next.
                        So, when aren't you trolling...? (or teasing...)
                        And what is the *awareness* purpose, or has that already been stated, too? oy...

Comment

And what is the *awareness* purpose, or has that already been stated, too? oy...
                          Isn't it obvious? He's obviously psychologically preparing us for the upcoming announcement that the Canadian Lizards are going to take over the world.

He's got high hopes, doesn't he?

Comment

Raising the angst levels quite a bit with wasted tax dollars, if such event ever went thru that way...
                            Is that an innate reflex with you guys? SpaceX is privately owned, none of your precious tax gold involved, unless NASA pitches in.

So, when aren't you trolling...? (or teasing...)

Had any of you heard about nuking/warming Mars before?

He's got high hopes, doesn't he?
                            Better than to be a hopeless pessimist like you.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Is that an innate reflex with you guys? SpaceX is privately owned, none of your precious tax gold involved, unless NASA pitches in.
                              Wanna bet? He's got his hands into the government cookie jar so far we'll never get them out.

https://mises.org/wire/elon-muskss-t...ed-gravy-train

Better than to be a hopeless pessimist like you.
                              It's called being realistic.

Comment

You can't possibly *know* that that is fiction. I don't buy it either, but I can't *know* either way.
                                Considering who write the bible -- yeah, it's fiction.

I prefer the Biblical story version better. At least there, the *hope* factor has a higher percentage of providing help, when least expecting it!
                                For Pete's sake, if hopes & prayers would solve it all, the American gun problem would have been solved eons ago.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X